Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recessed LED Lights

Options
  • 03-12-2009 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I am currently wiring my house and planned to put recessed LED lights (GU10) throughout the house. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on how many lights would be required in a Sitting Room 5 mts x 5 mts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I would run 3 rows of 3 in a room that size.
    Make sure that you cut the insulation back from around the fitting and fit clay or metal fireproof hats over the fittings in case anyone fits a standard GU10 by mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

i've started quoting for fire-rated downlights lately as they're only bout a tenner
    ex. vat.
    The fire-seal expands on temperature rise .Not sure about the draught side of things,heat output is negligible with LED though.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

If you were going with the traditional halogen recessed downlighters I would recommend the 3 rows of 3, however with any low energy lamp I would increase it to 12 lights.
    Take a look at job I did recently in a room a little bigger than you're describing.

http://www.energyefficiency.ie/virtual-tour.php

Why not try something other than the tired old lines of spots format?

Advertisement