Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Essence cosmetics

• 03-12-2009 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭

Decided to give the Stay All Day foundation a go (€3.99).

Normally id stay well clear of cheap foundations but bought this on a whim yesterday. Have to say its absolutely lovely. It gives great coverage and a really nice velvety finish...im well impressed. Also tried the Lash Mania mascara (€2.99) and its class aswell! Bargain of the week girls after the hit and miss with the ELF cosmetics i ordered.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I've only ever tried a couple of their nail varnishes, and their pretty alright considering the price!

Have yet to try anything that would actually go near my face, though! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 queenbeeuty

yeah i have tried the nail varnishes and they are great for the price!
    I also tried a shimmer bronze compact which is great for highlighting cheekbones when going on a night out,but probably a bit too shimmery for
    day wear!

one of the Irish youtube make up gurus (dazzledust25)
    is always raving about how good essence products are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I've a few of their eyeshadows and I really love them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I have a zillion Essence eye shadows. They're so cheap, you can just buy every colour and mess around them. Obviously, the pigment isn't amazing but for how little you pay, it isn't bad at all. Some really lovely shimmery one's too and don't crease too badly either. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Hi guys,

What shops stock essence? They don't have an online shop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

lizt wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Penney's do anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

They do a few mascaras too and they're very good! For €3.99.. oooh yeah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

lizt wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I think I got my stash in Dunnes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Bradleys pharmacy stock it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

The kohl eyeliner is fab (€1.99)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

The twisty one? love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭tanyaog2007

i love the xxxl lip gloss's they are great :D love the eye shadows but they come off after about 2 hours but ya get what you pay for. the fake eye lashs are good too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

Eyeliner....its fab..go for the black long lasting one, its the one like a cross pen...my sister sleeps with it on and is sull perfect the following day.it doesn fade or migrate doesn your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I wouldn't buy anything bar maybe their eyeliners. I have some sort of phobia when it comes to what I consider cheap looking packaging. I like all my stuff to match too, so black/clear packaging is what I go for, odd I know! A lot of their products look to shimmery/sparkly for me anyway, I'm a matte kinda girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

I don't really like their eyeshadows or blushes, but I do love them for bits like their eyebrow pencil, clear mascara and clear lip gloss, perfect quality, and at a good price for those items (sister buys Dior eyebrow pencils!! why!!).

I always keep an eye out for their collections, in the 'Summer of Love' one I got two lovely liquid eyeliners with a smudgy eyeshadow in the top of the applicator in a teal and brown, in another I got fantastic light gold highlighter dust. Always something to try :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I am totally addicted to the kohl eyeliner, I have several lipgloss and lipstick from them and I just love the kabuki brush you definately can't go wrong with prices that they're been sold at. :D

I love trying new make-up and at first i was weary at buying make-up as cheap as this but I am delighted I did because it's so good.:)

At the moment I am collecting the essence nailvarnish.. Love it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I love essence stuff, especially the eyeliners :D although I do find that the black liquid eyeliner they have goes on very light. They have a lovely clear lip plumping gloss too <3

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭MissMotivated

I bought this foundation at the weekend after seeing this thread in shade 30 and it is fab!!looks really well on, lovely coverage but not caked!! I buy their eyeshadows alot beacuse I just can't justify spending heaps on the stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

I use their two tone blusher religiously, it's excellent. Also eye pencils are class. Definitely on par with much more expensive products and the packaging they come in is nice and smart. Not all products look so elegant though, it puts me off trying more of them.

Advertisement