Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Publicity???

Options
  • 03-12-2009 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

I have a question regarding publicity of the various performances and your (collective) opinions would really help.

Outside here and, say your own websites (if they exist), where do you publicise your performances. Basically, how do you get it out there.

This is not a commercially based question – I am looking into an idea and your suggestions/opinions would be important.

Any replies greatly appreciated.

Thanks

C

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Entertainment.ie AFAIK list events if you contact them for free

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭An Bhanríon

Only just seen this, so I may be too late! A few things we have tried (amateur drama group):
    'The Ticket' in the Irish Times (hit and miss whether you get listed, but it is possible)
    'Day and Night' in the Independent.
    Listings in other publications (don't have details but there is usually a person named at the end of the listings that you can send details of your show to)
    Facebook (send out invitations to friends)
    Fliers and posters left in libraries, coffee shops, local shops, etc. (takes a bit of time and effort!)
    Arts programmes on radio and TV. Worth giving them a try. You'd never know when they might be trying to fill a space!

Worth putting together a good press statement and a good photograph to send. But if dealing with listings send the information exactly as it will appear in the publication, i.e. each publication will have information appearing in a particular order.

Shout from the rooftops???!

Advertisement