Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS-130 Endeavour 6/2/2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

lord lucan wrote: »
    What i wouldn't pay for a one night stay in the cupola!:)
    Yeah, yeah yeah.....................:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

66738542.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

66738542.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1266399769&Signature=5wLYsiu%2FTCxmLmyfxsZfjo%2Bmcy4%3D
    Let there be light!:)

Check out Soichi's twitter,he has some impressive pics posted up.

http://twitter.com/Astro_soichi

Beeker wrote: »
    Let there be light!:)

Reminds me of Star Wars!:D:D

And as soon as i say it someone on NSF thinks the same thing!

• Advertisement

Reminds me of Star Wars!:D:D

And as soon as i say it someone on NSF thinks the same thing!

Yeah just saw that:D

Nice views from Cupola
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20555.0;attach=202506;imageindex.php?action=dlattach;topic=20555.0;attach=202502;image

iss022e068327.jpg

iss022e066964.jpg

iss022e066963.jpg

s130e009616.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

DVD4-weaponrange-002.jpg

iss022e066964.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

STS-130 Ascent highlights,caugt this on NASA TV earlier today,what i realy like is that every member of the STS-130 launch control staff were asked to suggest a bit of Video or an image.
    hope the link works as NASA homepage made it difficult to copy the UR
    L
    http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/on_demand_video.html?param=http://mfile3.akamai.com/18566/wmv/etouchsyst2.download.akamai.com/18355/wm.nasa-global/STS-130/sts130_ascent.asx&_id=224368&_title=STS-130%20Ascent%20Highlights&_tnimage=427933main_sts130_ascent_100.jpg.

Yeah the link works;-), Brilliant nine minutes IMO

:DIt was only right to name something after him. After all he is a distinguished space nerd!!:D

You two either put up or shut up about the naming of the threadmill.
    NASA distinctly claimed it was after the comedian at the time as does wikipedia;), Jon Stewart of the daly show got jealous of Colbert having something named after him and asked NASA would they name the toilet that turns Urine into drinking water{UGH!} after him!

I knew you's would become a smug 'gruesome twosome' after you's were lucky enough to see a launch live and had the T-Shirts:pac::pac::pac::p

nudge nudge,wink wink,We know better than you lot well Ya can ask My ass!!!!!!:p

:p
    Cupola windows uncovered at last
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20547.0;attach=202228;imageindex.php?action=dlattach;topic=20547.0;attach=202223;image

Go clean them, boy!:pac::pac::pac::p

ynotdu wrote: »
    NASA distinctly claimed it was after the comedian at the time as does wikipedia;), Jon Stewart of the daly show got jealous of CUPOLA having something named after him and asked NASA would they name the toilet that turns Urine into drinking water{UGH!} after him!

I knew you's would become a smug 'gruesome twosome' after you's were lucky enough to see a launch live and had the T-Shirts:pac::pac::pac::p

nudge nudge,wink wink,We know better than you lot well Ya can ask My ass!!!!!!:p

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Lol LL!:)

P.S the view of Africa sands from Cupola is now my present wallpaper.Saw simulor view during previous undocking and on Live TV it looked more like they were in orbit around Mars,Awesome,beautiful.mindblowing,and all the words more eloquent people than Me use!

Lovely ascent video Ynotdu,i love them especially where it looks like the Shuttle is taking off horizontally.:)

Lovely ascent video Ynotdu,i love them especially where it looks like the Shuttle is taking off horizontally.:)

OK so Sally Ride included some images of her stopping off to do a bit of last minute shopping on her adventures,Just after lift-off She heard shoe's were on discount!:) and 'tweaked' the trajectory!;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Long time since I've been here! I haven't really been following STS-130 as keenly as I would, but I've been going back over it now. Was the launch visible from Ireland?

^^^^ Watch, amazing launch views (I never knew they had some cameras where they are).

This one wasn't visible in Ireland unfortunately,it was after 9 in the morning our time when she launched.

They've masses of cameras around the launch complex. A lot where new after return to flight following the Columbia disaster,purely for as much imagery as they could get to monitor performance and possible debris from the ET's.

jumpguy wrote: »
    Long time since I've been here! I haven't really been following STS-130 as keenly as I would, but I've been going back over it now. Was the launch visible from Ireland?

^^^^ Watch, amazing launch views (I never knew they had some cameras where they are).

Jumpguy Great to see You posting here again,STS-130 thread sure did get lonely at times:(

No it was not visable over Ireland because it was after sunset here.

Thank You for posting the embedded Video of the one i merely gave a link to!:pac::pac::pac::D

If all goes to plan the undocking and fly-around of the ISS should take place at about one AM Sunday morning Irish time.

Cheers!

• Advertisement

This one wasn't visible in Ireland unfortunately,it was after 9 in the morning our time when she launched.

They've masses of cameras around the launch complex. A lot where new after return to flight following the Columbia disaster,purely for as much imagery as they could get to monitor performance and possible debris from the ET's.
    Aye, and rightfully too I suppose, the imagery is spectacular to say the least! Are most of the camers merely at a distance and zoomed or actually on the complex (surely they'd be blown to smithereens then?)
    Jumpguy Great to see You posting here again,STS-130 thread sure did get lonely at times:(

No it was not visable over Ireland because it was after sunset here.

Thank You for posting the embedded Video of the one i merely gave a link to!:pac::pac::pac::D

If all goes to plan the undocking and fly-around of the ISS should take place at about one AM Sunday morning Irish time.

Cheers!
    Ahh good, I'd be sickened to miss another one, I haven't seen one since STS-127 (I think that was it).

Hopefully the next one!

Sorry about that! :o I didn't know you had it already posted! I didn't look back a page (until now). :pac:

Aye, and rightfully too I suppose, the imagery is spectacular to say the least! Are most of the camers merely at a distance and zoomed or actually on the complex (surely they'd be blown to smithereens then?)
    Ahh good, I'd be sickened to miss another one, I haven't seen one since STS-127 (I think that was it).

Hopefully the next one!

Sorry about that! :o I didn't know you had it already posted! I didn't look back a page (until now). :pac:

Ah Jumpguy,I am sure i will get over it once I've had a good sulk!:D

I often put on NASA TV before an event and they use 'filler' video's to liven it up!

They showed one the other day that was about 15 minutes long about Endeavours history,It has achieved SO much{the baby of the fleet}
    It was not confined to just one mission but to an overview of Endeavour.
    I can not find it anywhere:eek:,if You or ANYBODY could find it i'd love to see it again!

Ah Jumpguy,I am sure i will get over it once I've had a good sulk!:D

I often put on NASA TV before an event and they use 'filler' video's to liven it up!

They showed one the other day that was about 15 minutes long about Endeavours history,It has achieved SO much{the baby of the fleet}
    It was not confined to just one mission but to an overview of Endeavour.
    I can not find it anywhere:eek:,if You or ANYBODY could find it i'd love to see it again!
    Is this it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd4-Q-G5ke8

Is this it?

Thats EXACTLY it Jumpguy,Thank You!:)
    Is'nt it Brilliant? So much fitted into so relativly few flights.

*ynotdu goes to learn how to use search terms properly*:o:o:o

It's excellent. I'm always amazed by how old the shuttle is. It always looks so modern and beautiful.

Just sign up to ReelNASA and NasaTelevision (I think that's it) on YouTube, loads of cool stuff, and anything you see on NASA TV you like will 99% of the time end up there.

While I'm on a role...

Cheers!
    Actually that's tonight! Undocking is due about 00:54 Sat morning:)

NASA distinctly claimed it was after the comedian at the time as does wikipedia;), Jon Stewart of the daly show got jealous of CUPOLA having something named after him and asked NASA would they name the toilet that turns Urine into drinking water{UGH!} after him!

:D:D:DThey claim its named after Stephen Colbert but the truth is that it is named after someone on this board with much the same name;):D:D

Welcome back aboard Jumpguy! That is a great video:)

Actually that's tonight! Undocking is due about 00:54 Sat morning:)

But Beeker Saturday morning is not tonight!!!!! LOL:D
    actually i meant to post about the error but ya Caught ME,dang it!:D

Love your pic of the Astronauts face looking out of Cupola's window!

Oh and i was just testing You by calling Colbert Cupola.

• Advertisement

Hatch closed and into the last few hours of docked operations.
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20594.0;attach=202727;image

Advertisement