Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS-130 Endeavour 6/2/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

What a gorgeous view!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Yeah great video this time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Out over the Pacific now ...heading for the coast of south America @ 2:15am :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Beeker wrote: »
    Yeah great video this time!!!

Beeker better video of Endevour,but not the ISS in all its glory as previous flyarounds,dont You think?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20594.0;attach=202875;image

• Advertisement

Need more biscuits Beeker lol :rolleyes:

Sunset in 6 minutes ....cool ;)

Getting ready to move away
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20594.0;attach=202881;image

Stargate wrote: »
    Need more biscuits Beeker lol :rolleyes:
    Think i'll go for some Cadburys Rich Tea:)

Cupola visible now but the windows look covered:(

Apparently they're covered because of the RCS jets on the Orbiter,safety precaution unfortunately.:(

• Advertisement

Think i'll go for some Cadburys Rich Tea:)

pass em round beeker come on lol

lord lucan wrote: »
    Apparently they're covered because of the RCS jets on the Orbiter,safety precaution unfortunately.:(
    Shame there would have been a great view from in there:(

Just a quick question lads ? are any of you tracking with a dedicated tracking programme or just using

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/tracking/
    http://www.heavens-above.com etc

I use 2 programmes NOVA FOR WINDOWS and WXtrack
    They are brill :D

I use neither Stargate,but Your first love is Astronomy is'nt it? be great if You and people who just got telescopes{say at xmas} wrote about the thrill of what you's spot to those of us that live in light polluted areas and a telescope would just be a waste of time.
    You's are lucky because so long as there is a clear sky and yar in the mood no need to wait for launch dates etc!

Shame there would have been a great view from in there:(

There's a minimum distance the Orbiter should be away from the ISS before they can be opened,not sure what it is though.

Wonder what the feeling onboard the ISS AND the SS is like now , mixed feelings i`d imagine ?

Just a quick question lads ? are any of you tracking with a dedicated tracking programme or just using

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/tracking/
    http://www.heavens-above.com etc

I use 2 programmes NOVA FOR WINDOWS and WXtrack
    They are brill :D
    http://www.lizard-tail.com/isana/tracking/

ynotdu wrote: »
    I use neither Stargate,but Your first love is Astronomy is'nt it? be great if You and people who just got telescopes{say at xmas} wrote about the thrill of what you's spot to those of us that live in light polluted areas and a telescope would just be a waste of time.
    You's are lucky because so long as there is a clear sky and yar in the mood no need to wait for launch dates etc!

I would`nt say that ynotdu :D Id say Spaceflight and Astronomy are equal LOL
    Not forgetting my other love of course hahaa

Wonder what the feeling onboard the ISS AND the SS is like now , mixed feelings i`d imagine ?
    You bet!! They all know its nearly the end of an era:(

Roger that Beeker , i have used that too :D nice !!

You bet!! They all know its nearly the end of an era:(

So true Beeker , so so true :(

• Advertisement

Ok my friends I have anearly start tommorrow so I must get to sleep now. Talk to you all again.. Good night!:)

Hitting south america now !!

Rapid sunset.:)

I'm sure most of the astronauts onboard Endeavour whilst being professional are acutely aware that it's the last time most of them will ever go to the ISS.:(

Ok my friends I have anearly start tommorrow so I must get to sleep now. Talk to you all again.. Good night!:)

Goodnight Beeker!:)

Nitey Nite Beeker , thanks for all your great imput , its always a pleasure having the ol gang here LOL sleep well , dont leave the bed bugs bite , :D

Night nite Beeker:)

Yeah guys i also noticed the real sadness in the crews voices as they said what used to be just polite goodbyes,they at times sounded close to choking up.Still they at least got to follow their dream and after they find a new career will proably feel like the luckiest people alive:)

ynotdu wrote: »
    Night nite Beeker:)

Yeah guys i also noticed the real sadness in the crews voices as they said what used to be just polite goodbyes,they at times sounded close to choking up.Still they at least got to follow their dream and after they find a new career will proably feel like the luckiest people alive:)

They kind of live that dream for us too i think !

They will be over Cork in 5 mins ;)

Think i'll pack it in,goodnight lads!:)

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    Think i'll pack it in,goodnight lads!:)

Nite Nite LL , sleep well , thanks for all the info and pics etc tonite !!
    Talk to you soon , Take Care !! ;)

Advertisement