Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS-130 Endeavour 6/2/2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Stargate wrote: »
    They kind of live that dream for us too i think !

Well Exactly Stargate! I never get tired of this song/video:They were flying for Me!:)

lord lucan wrote: »
    Think i'll pack it in,goodnight lads!:)

Night nite LL,:)2nd seperation burn success!
    Sorry for slow replys,internet connection is acting up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

ynotdu , Was popping in and out the past few days checking the forum status lol , been kind of busy , glad to see the forum is alive and kicking :)

Its almost 3am ynotdu , i gotta get some sleep :p

I`ll catch up with you over the weekend ok , i know your connection is slow tonight , if your staying up , have fun :D

Nite nite and thanks so much for your company tonight :D

Talk to you later !!

Night !!!!

ynotdu , Was popping in and out the past few days checking the forum status lol , been kind of busy , glad to see the forum is alive and kicking :)

Lol Stargate,more like we were hanging in there.130 was on Tokyo time which suited almost nobody in our tiny community and we are still in shock at the destruction of NASA.

Its like a Sports fan being told there will never ever be a season of Your sport again!

Night night Stargate ;-)

• Advertisement

ynotdu wrote: »
    Lol Stargate,more like we were hanging in there.130 was on Tokyo time which suited almost nobody in our tiny community and we are still in shock at the destruction of NASA.

Its like a Sports fan being told there will never ever be a season of Your sport again!

Its even worst than that , the SS and ISS i think are so much a part of us here on this forum ynotdu , just read back on previous threads , the destruction of NASA , an apt description indeed . What a pity .

Ok im outta here , sleep needed hahaha

nite , catch ya later :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

:D:D Love it!:D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Crew now in its final day in orbit due to land about 03:20 Irish time Mon morning. The weather not looking good at this stage for the first or indeed any of the landing opportunities.

KSC - 03:20 and 04:55
    Edwards - 06:25 and 08:00

I have work early monday morning so the Edwards opportunities would suit me just fine:)

Tee hee hee LL, There should be no shortage of candidates for THAT mission!:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Beeker wrote: »
    Crew now in its final day in orbit due to land about 03:20 Irish time Mon morning. The weather not looking good at this stage for the first or indeed any of the landing opportunities.

KSC - 03:20 and 04:55
    Edwards - 06:25 and 08:00

I have work early monday morning so the Edwards opportunities would suit me just fine:)

Beeker i hope none of the landing opportunities work out over the entire landing days until they finally get one more 'first' from the moody mare and have to bring it down on an overseas landing site!

Who cares what it might cost to get her home if Augustine/obama gets the kick in the teeth they deserve from her hoof!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

What are the international backup landing locations?

Shannon? :D

Trotter wrote: »

Full list here Trotter and Ya got it in one!:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Shuttle_abort_modes#Emergency_landing_sites

Any Boardsies in Co.Clare who wouldn't mind putting us up? We could go down and have an STS landing party.:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I can only imagine the craic if STS130 had to land in Shannon.. :D

The poor crew waiting to be treated like returning heroes in KSC getting the fright of their life when they're lined up at immigration control and some cranky Garda asks for passports..

Where'd ya arrive from?

Space..

Oh we've a smartar$e have we?.. You wait there now and I'll have a chat with you in a minute..

At least they could pick up some duty free!:D:D

Weather is looking poor for any attempt tonight. Windy at EAB and very cloudy at KSC. I'll be surprised if anything happens tomorrow morning.

as well as eight other webcams at KSC,Live view requires realplayer{free to download and watch}

Other webcams refresh every 90 seconds,might be worth saving to favourites to view processing of remaining flights
    http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/countdown/video/

I can only imagine the craic if STS130 had to land in Shannon.. :D

The poor crew waiting to be treated like returning heroes in KSC getting the fright of their life when they're lined up at immigration control and some cranky Garda asks for passports..

Where'd ya arrive from?

Space..

Oh we've a smartar$e have we?.. You wait there now and I'll have a chat with you in a minute..

Well it would be EXTRAORDINARY extraordinary rendition!!! Where's me axe?;):)

Very Funny LL ;)

• Advertisement

I hope its Cork Trotter ;)

Anyone staying up till 3:20am ? :D

Only the nightworkers and those in the USA SG!:D
    At least 45 minutes before that they will be given a GO/NO GO for the de-orbit burn if its a NO GO for the de-orbit burn at least 45 mins before then well no hope then for the first landing opportunity.

It's a good rule of thumb!:)

Don't think i'll be doing the whole show tonight. May hang around to see if they get a go for de-orbit burn.

Don't think i'll be doing the whole show tonight. May hang around to see if they get a go for de-orbit burn.

You just hear that LL? Weather looking good! and the shuttle training aircraft in the air to double check!

What a bunch of teasers!:)

NASA have just given a GO for the de-orbit burn due 23 minutes from now its coming Home!!!!!!!!!:):):)

The 2 minute 34 secs de-orbit burn has just gone swimmingly,no going back now, touchdown time to 03.20 monday 22nd of February Irish time,21st February 22.20 EST in the USA!

They will shortly have to go through the very dangerous heat of re-entry before they make only the 23rd night time landing of a Space Shuttle!
    Hey be with them!!!!!:)

There are only four more left before they are history:(

available to watch on NASA TV.

Spaceflight now.

Spacevidcast.

Beeline tv.

Endevour has just reached what NASA call 'interface' they have started the journey through Earths atmosphere at 25 times the speed of sound!!!:eek:

Phewwww some Audio from the crew of Endevour!was getting worried there, just ten mins to touchdown!

• Advertisement

Well guys if it was for TV coverage you's wanted,DONT be disapointed.
    TV only came through one minute 15 seconds before touchdown.15 seconds from the Orbiter flight deck windows and one minute of coverage from the ground.once on the ground it looked as if the Orbiter was on fire!,but NASA assured us "that is normal" and is due to the apu's shutting down:)

I make no apologies for saying welcome home Endeavour and thank you:)

Advertisement