Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS-130 Endeavour 6/2/2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

153212main_ksc_022110_sts130_landing_grab1_425.jpg

NASA TV showed the crew leaving the crew transport vechicle to do the traditional inspection of the Orbitor.
    Charlie Bolden was there as well as some othe big-wig.the crew virtually ignored them.
    after the inspection the crew made a few comments each before boarding the Astrovan.ALL of their comments were directed to the people who got them up and down safely.

They had nothing to say about the 'higher-ups' least of all "thanks";)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Well done Ynotdu! you were the only one on boards for the landing. I had to sleep through it due to work early this morning. Glad another one is safely home.:)

Beeker wrote: »
    Well done Ynotdu! you were the only one on boards for the landing. I had to sleep through it due to work early this morning. Glad another one is safely home.:)

Beeker I was only returning the compliment other boardsies done for me when i missed the launch and 1st EVA!:)

Cheers!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Good shot of the APU's venting behind the OMS pod.

sts130landing3.jpg

sts130landing5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

ynotdu wrote: »
    Charlie Bolden was there as well as some othe big-wig.the crew virtually ignored them.

What is their issue with him?
    Sorry, dont know the backstory.

What is their issue with him?
    Sorry, dont know the backstory.
    I would say they are showing their discontent with NASA's future. $ more shuttle flights and then thats it. No future US manned spaceflight planned.

NASA taking a step backwards, Astronauts not impressed, Beeker not impressed:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

Hauk not impressed >_<

20101847.jpg

20101850.jpg

20101846.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

A belated welcome home Endeavour from me. Just catching up with the mornings events. Another text book re-entry,hardly a blip on the Orbiter which makes their retirement all the more sad.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

How amazingly proud of yourself would you be if you were the one sitting in the seat and radioing in "Endeavour, Wheel Stop"..

What an achievement..

How sad will it be when the final 'Wheel Stop' is called in. Unreal. Just as I was feeling in the know enough to post in this forum too. Sad. I know sweet FA about anything other than shuttles and rockets. I may find me another forum :P

Nick Patrick gives Endeavour a little pat well done following arrival.:)

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20612.0;attach=203529;image

Trotter wrote: »
    How amazingly proud of yourself would you be if you were the one sitting in the seat and radioing in "Endeavour, Wheel Stop"..

What an achievement..

How sad will it be when the final 'Wheel Stop' is called in. Unreal. Just as I was feeling in the know enough to post in this forum too. Sad. I know sweet FA about anything other than shuttles and rockets. I may find me another forum :P
    Don't worry Trotter there are no experts here just a lot of people with a love of the programme and vehicles. All comments and insights are welcome:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

ynotdu wrote: »
    NASA TV showed the crew leaving the crew transport vechicle to do the traditional inspection of the Orbitor.
    after the inspection the crew made a few comments each before boarding the Astrovan.ALL of their comments were directed to the people who got them up and down safely.

They had nothing to say about the 'higher-ups' least of all "thanks";)

ynotdu Thanks for all the info :D Nice to see her back safe ;)

I would say they are showing their discontent with NASA's future. $ more shuttle flights and then thats it. No future US manned spaceflight planned.

NASA taking a step backwards, Astronauts not impressed, Beeker not impressed:mad:

Stargate NOT impressed :mad:

Don't worry Trotter there are no experts here just a lot of people with a love of the programme and vehicles. All comments and insights are welcome:)

Well said Beeker ;)

Yeah Beeky.

ONE GIANT LEAP BACKWARDS not even one small step forwards for mankind:mad:

footprint+on+moon+from+NASA.jpg

Hope Armstrongs boot that left this imprint is available to give Augustine/Obama a good root up the hole!

What an achievement..

Trotter at the suggestion of Lord Lucan on a previous STS flight there WILL be a nostalgia thread beginnining just after wheel stop on 133!:D

Stargate wrote: »
    ynotdu Thanks for all the info :D Nice to see her back safe ;)

Yeah Stargate,where did ya send her this time??

oh it's nice to see Endeavour back also ain't it?;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭12april1981

Hi everyone
    I would just like to introduce myself,as my ID implies I too am a Space Shuttle Enthusiast.I was 12 on the wonderful Sunday morning when columbia first flew and I have followed it now for 29 years.Delighted to see so much interest and great people on here.Looking forward to contriputing as much as I can while here.I will be heading to sts 131 in May,it will be my sixth launch

Regards

• Advertisement

Hi everyone
    I would just like to introduce myself,as my ID implies I too am a Space Shuttle Enthusiast.I was 12 on the wonderful Sunday morning when columbia first flew and I have followed it now for 29 years.Delighted to see so much interest and great people on here.Looking forward to contriputing as much as I can while here.I will be heading to sts 131 in May,it will be my sixth launch

Regards
    Great to have you here!! Like yourself I was just about to turn 13 for STS-1. I have also followed each and every flight since then. 6 launches! in the great words of the famous Monthy Python " You lucky lucky bast£$d" I have been to two myself STS-41D in August 1984 and STS-126 in November 2008. Which flights were you at?
    Looking forward to your reports and photos from STS-131. Again great to have you here:)

Thank you very much Beeker.I dont know how I missed this board over the years,better late then never.I have been to both of Dan Tani mission (got a invite Myself and my wife will never forget it)amazing.sts 125..118,119 and I think it was sts122...we got caught this week,for sts 131,had our flights booked,and found out 48 hours later,not to worry,we will get there in May..Have many many photos that Id love to share with you if I can figure out how ?:DHave been watching the Shuttle and Tank blaze over us here in kerry every since sts 112 in 2000

Thank you very much Beeker.I dont know how I missed this board over the years,better late then never.I have been to both of Dan Tani mission (got a invite Myself and my wife will never forget it)amazing.sts 125..118,119 and I think it was sts122...we got caught this week,for sts 131,had our flights booked,and found out 48 hours later,not to worry,we will get there in May..Have many many photos that Id love to share with you if I can figure out how ?:DHave been watching the Shuttle and Tank blaze over us here in kerry every since sts 112 in 2000

12apr1981, you may well be able to make a lot of kids very happy.. I'm going to be desperately cheeky and ask if you might read this?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055823962

I'm a primary teacher and with some generous help from the locals on this forum, I'm working on trying to contact an astronaut for a very short Skype linkup!

Sorry to knock the thread off topic.. Couldnt resist.. He who dares and all that :D

Great stuff! I know there are a few nerds here like myself who would love to see your photos:):) Try Imageshack http://imageshack.us/ to upload them.

Yeah Dan Tani flew on STS 108 Dec 2001 and launched to the ISS on 120 in Oct 2007 returning on 122 in Feb 2008. Best of luck with 131:)

Hi Trotter

It would be my plesure to try and help you in any way I can..Its a great project your trying to get going there.I will contact the Astronauts that I am acquainted with..Tani.Johnson,O Conner,Mcbride and will see what I can do.If they can at all they will.

Regards

Good Lord :) We'd be absolutely delighted! I have access to the normal school broadband, so Skype in the classroom would be my only option there, unless Beeker would like to play too and I could combine a little idea he had, with the possibility you've mentioned. I'll drop you a PM so as not to take this thread off topic. Thanks again.

Good Lord :) We'd be absolutely delighted! I have access to the normal school broadband, so Skype in the classroom would be my only option there, unless Beeker would like to play too and I could combine a little idea he had, with the possibility you've mentioned. I'll drop you a PM so as not to take this thread off topic. Thanks again.
    Sounds great, My contact will hopefully come good in the next few days so we might have a full crew of astronauts to talk to.:) Will stay in touch through PM

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I have been to two myself STS-41D in August 1984
    :eek: So was I! Small world and all that.:)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    :eek: So was I! Small world and all that.:)
    Good stuff, I viewed from Titusville August 30 1984. I was 17 at the time and could not believe my luck to be there. I had got a lift from Atlanta, by car just to see it. It was fantastic.:)

• Advertisement

Lol,Ynotdu is going to go mad at everyone bragging about how many launches they've seen!:p:p:p

Hope we all have the t-shirts too?!:D

Advertisement