Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS-130 Endeavour 6/2/2010

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

lord lucan wrote: »
    Lol,Ynotdu is going to go mad at everyone bragging about how many launches they've seen!:p:p:p

Hope we all have the t-shirts too?!:D

I had My chance,I blew it!:(

Hi everyone
    I would just like to introduce myself,as my ID implies I too am a Space Shuttle Enthusiast.I was 12 on the wonderful Sunday morning when columbia first flew and I have followed it now for 29 years.Delighted to see so much interest and great people on here.Looking forward to contriputing as much as I can while here.I will be heading to sts 131 in May,it will be my sixth launch

Regards

Hi.ya 12april1981...................Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 125 My favourite for EVA's and crew bonding:),it being the first after Columbia and the last before retirement that did not have the 'safety net' of the ISS,the crew were hilarious,a real end of term feel to it.
    They gave so much 'lip' back to mission control and improvised so much that eventually JSC said in a mock exasperated voice "Ah do what you's like"!:)
    Massimino ripping the handle from Hubble for me the highlight as well as Megan who was controlling his robotic arm warning him about the thether being beteen his legs,I cant repeat what he said back but i never heard so much laughter during an EVA.
    The five Spacewalks which lets face it can be like watching paint dry were more like a comedy routine!:)

So YES photo's please as well as being 'our man in Florida' for launch.
    It is a heavy burden you have taken on by breaking your silence,Nerds and Geeks are terms of endearment,a badge of honor in fact!:D
    There is NO escape for You now until wheelstop on 131!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭12april1981

Its my honour to be "your man at the cape"
    And a big HI to the gentleman from this board who lit the fire for me with his reports in the 80s.I have come a long ways since then..ie Hugh Harris is a friend of my wifes and I but your reports many recording I stilll have are gems and precious to me Thank you Sir !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

lord lucan wrote: »
    Lol,Ynotdu is going to go mad at everyone bragging about how many launches they've seen!:p:p:p

Hope we all have the t-shirts too?!:D

Tut Tut Ynotdu , im with you :D:D:D:D that LL and Beeker pif !!;)

Trotter wrote: »
    12apr1981, you may well be able to make a lot of kids very happy.. I'm going to be desperately cheeky and ask if you might read this?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055823962

I'm a primary teacher and with some generous help from the locals on this forum, I'm working on trying to contact an astronaut for a very short Skype linkup!

Sorry to knock the thread off topic.. Couldnt resist.. He who dares and all that :D

Best of Luck Trotter !!!!!!!!! Great ideas you have there :)

• Advertisement

Hi everyone
    I would just like to introduce myself,as my ID implies I too am a Space Shuttle Enthusiast.I was 12 on the wonderful Sunday morning when columbia first flew and I have followed it now for 29 years.Delighted to see so much interest and great people on here.Looking forward to contriputing as much as I can while here.I will be heading to sts 131 in May,it will be my sixth launch

Regards

Hiya 12april1981 welcome aboard ;):p:)

Its my honour to be "your man at the cape"
    And a big HI to the gentleman from this board who lit the fire for me with his reports in the 80s.I have come a long ways since then..ie Hugh Harris is a friend of my wifes and I but your reports many recording I stilll have are gems and precious to me Thank you Sir !!!!!

Hugh Harris? please tell us more?

Stargate wrote: »
    Tut Tut Ynotdu , im with you :D:D:D:D that LL and Beeker pif !!;)

Yeah i bet they never got to the cape at all SG!:D

I have been lurking around their house's still no T-Shirts put out to dry that i could steal:(

just the sounds of Mr&Mrs Beeker playing around dressed as Astronauts! <shocking but in a strange way fascinating>

LL just keeps filling his NASA mug with Coffee{on sale for a euro at Aldi}

1981 will put them back in their place!!!!!!:D:D:D

Pfft indeed:)

Meanwhile another 'last' for the Space Shuttle programme performed in UTAH on Feb 24th.It was the final test of the Solid Rocked Boosters engines to ensure the safety of the four remaining,Fair play to NASA!!!!!and all it stands/stood for!
    http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/behindscenes/final_motor_test.html

also i forgot to mention that the STS-130 crew wished "All the best" to FOUR members of Mission Control who's final shift EVER for NASA ended at Endeavours touch down.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Here is a good shot of the reentry taken from above by Soichi Noguchi aboard the Station.

turn.jpg

Advertisement