Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS-130 Endeavour 6/2/2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Beeker wrote: »
    If anyone is up in the morning early {like us who have to work:(} the ISS will pass over at 07:08, clear skies hopefully.:)

Sunday mornings and Irish people dont mix very well Beeker!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

ynotdu wrote: »
    Sunday mornings and Irish people dont mix very well Beeker!:D

I'll be having my STS-130 fry-up at that stage then it's NASA TV on the laptop for the next 3 hours.:D

Lord Lucans STS-130 breakfast{which he stole during his trip to view STS-129!}
    I think they recommend You re-hydrate them LL,frying it might might damage yar health/Laptop!:D

space-shuttle-food-items.jpg

Re-hydrated sausages!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

2010-1607-m.jpg

• Advertisement

IMG_5209x.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Lord Lucans STS-130 breakfast{which he stole during his trip to view STS-129!}
    I think they recommend You re-hydrate them LL,frying it might might damage yar health/Laptop!:D
    There is a shop in York I saw (when I lived there) which sold 'space' food like this. It was a kind of toy/joke shop, but I looked on the back of the box and indeed it came from NASA.

Kevin

NASA TV came on air 20 mins late and report that due to a 'minor'issue fueling will start 30 minutes late but should not affect the launch time of 09.39 UTC/04.39 EST.the late fueling start should not affect the launch time NASA deliberatly builds delay times into the countdown.

for anybody just casually interested google NASA home,click multimedia,click 'other viewing options' You will see windows Media player{best for fullscreen}and that is the truth,it is!:)

Kevster wrote: »
    There is a shop in York I saw (when I lived there) which sold 'space' food like this. It was a kind of toy/joke shop, but I looked on the back of the box and indeed it came from NASA.

Kevin

Hi,ya Kevster well ya know the Yanks would do anything for a buck!:pac::pac::)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Have I missed this or what? Just noticed now, haven't read through the thread yet :(

edit

Just looking at NASA TV and the shuttle is clearly not in space, so I guess I'm okay :p

Any chance of a brief summary of when it takes off and what direction I should look? I'm in S/W Dublin.

Will it actually be visible, yeah ?

• Advertisement

Dave! wrote: »
    Have I missed this or what? Just noticed now, haven't read through the thread yet :(

No Dave you hav'nt.launch not due until just before 10 AM sunday morning in Ireland, 09'39 but for those who can watch the buisness of fueling,get to see some great live and unusual images of the Orbiter/tanks/pad as well as an early indication of a scrub if sensors show fueling is showing an abnormality.

as the preps continue the various Volunteer crews who check everything Ice build ups etc are reported on,You get to see the crew leaving for the Shuttle on the 'Astrovan' once given the all clear,then get to see them being helpep into their launch posistion,final closing of the crew hatch and checks for air leaks,

Then finally the Astronauts are all alone waiting for lift-off on a controled bomb!:)

EDIT: Dave no there is no chance of seeing it in Ireland,It is too late after sunrise in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

EDIT: Dave no there is no chance of seeing it in Ireland,It is too late after sunrise in Ireland.

Ahh damn :(

I suppose I'll follow it on NASA TV then !

You say the ISS will be visible just after 7am, that should be fairly conspicuous right? Worth setting the alarm for? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

If you follow @twisst21 on twitter you get updates on when the ISS is passing overhead. On topic, I'm watching Spacevidcast broadcast of NASA TV, as it is in hi def and runs a few seconds ahead of NASA.

01'40 NASA just reporting that both Liquid Hydrogen and Liquid Oxegen are on 'fast flow' into the tanks which means no problems have been found in valves etc So still looking good:),
    I do these updates mostly for My own reasons,ie to read back on, at some further stage:),i have found it interesting on the STS 127-128-129 threads to be able to do so.

Nightwish thanks for the link for the faster NASA TV coverage.:).
    Twitter i dont use as it looked for my actual email account password when trying to follow someone i wanted to.I know it is easy just to create a new email account but that was enough for me NOT to like or trust Twitter:eek:

Oh and Dave it was Beeker gave the sighting time for the ISS later this morning ;-)

@02.30 NASA update weather still 80% GO but some concern that some clouds are thicker in nature to the north of pad than expected.
    All Emergency landing sites are still GO.

01'40 NASA just reporting that both Liquid Hydrogen and Liquid Oxegen are on 'fast flow' into the tanks which means no problems have been found in valves etc So still looking good:),
    I do these updates mostly for My own reasons,ie to read back on, at some further stage:),i have found it interesting on the STS 127-128-129 threads to be able to do so.

Nightwish thanks for the link for the faster NASA TV coverage.:).
    Twitter i dont use as it looked for my actual email account password when trying to follow someone i wanted to.I know it is easy just to create a new email account but that was enough for me NOT to like or trust Twitter:eek:

Oh and Dave it was Beeker gave the sighting time for the ISS later this morning ;-)

@02.30 NASA update weather still 80% GO but some concern that some clouds are thicker in nature to the north of pad than expected.
    All Emergency landing sites are still GO.

@03.13 the planned 2&one half hours built in hold began.this will allow the final inspection team to head towards the shuttle{as i said ALL volunteers as NASA does not insist on an employee going right up to a fully fueled STS.}

after their report all being well the closedown crew and Astronauts will head towards the pad.

@03.47 NASA reported both tanks fully fueled,proably the most uneventful fueling i have ever heard ;-) NASA now gone into a mode that electrical signals cannot be sent to the Orbiter for the safety of the final inspection crew.

@05.15 GO for launch has dropped to 60% due to weather.Only problem is at KSC were those thicker than expected and low down clouds are becoming a real concern.crew have been informed,and live pictures of the crew suiting up have just started from the crew quarters.

@05'50 the crew left their quaters,dont think NASA TV meant to catch the angle but security had a HUGH rifle,actually looked like a Bazooka!!!!!!

they have a few stops on the way so total journey time to Endevour is approx 25 mins.
    Final inspection team are leaving the pad.
    So now it's just the Astronauts and closedown crew.

The Astronauts due for lift-off at 9.39 AM are currently getting into their seats,Still a good chance it will Launch as planned.
    Last night time launch and only four Shuttles remaining before retirement.
    can be viewed on NASA,s homepage via NASA TV.or Spaceflight now,or Spacevidcast.

The International Space station is due to pass over Ireland at 8 minutes past Seven,It always pass's from west to East.

Go on ya know ya want to!!!!!!

The Astronauts due for lift-off at 9.39 AM are currently getting into their seats,Still a good chance it will Launch as planned.
    Last night time launch and only four Shuttles remaining before retirement.
    can be viewed on NASA,s homepage via NASA TV.or Spaceflight now,or Spacevidcast.

The International Space station is due to pass over Ireland at 8 minutes past Seven,It always pass's from west to East.

Go on ya know ya want to!!!!!!

Won't see much here,feckin' fog.:mad:

lord lucan wrote: »
    Won't see much here,feckin' fog.:mad:

Good Morning LL!:),Yup same here but only descended in the last half hour,thought i had a chance to see it:mad:

Some Spectaculor shots of the pad lit up by spotlights overnight as fueling was going on,dont suppose i will ever see it again!

enjoy the rehydrated sausages!:)

just as i'm typing the weather at KSC is not being upgraded,the weather plane is just taking off, We can hope!:)

Morning Ynotdu!

Weather sounds like it's gonna make this launch a bit touch and go.:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Good morning all space nerds! No ISS here due to fog but Endeaviur looking good for launch!:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

70% nogo due weather at this stage:(

Morning Beeker.:)

Weather currently 70% no go.:(

Beeker wrote: »
    Good morning all space nerds! No ISS here due to fog but Endeaviur looking good for launch!:)

Good morning Beeker!:)
    Your more of an optomist than Me about the weather:)

Good morning Beeker!:)
    Your more of an optomist than Me about the weather:)
    Lots of time for it to clear. Wait for the fat lady to sing:D

were did you's get the 70% NO GO guys? a blog or the 'voice of NASA'
    I missed some commentry but last i heard was a 40% NO GO?

It was mentioned on Spaceflight now from info they got from Kathy Winters at the weather desk.

Voice of NASA................ {in my head}:D

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20369.0;attach=195634;image

Endeavour being sealed up,hope it's the first and only time for STS-130.:)

• Advertisement

when the onboard computers take over 20 million decisions per minute, this piece of crap i keep loosing picture and audio!:mad:

wonder can i salvage some ram from the fleet!

Advertisement