Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-EU PhD student is NOTHING one in Ireland

Options
  • 03-12-2009 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi All, I am non EU PhD student at TCD. So, the story is as follows and I would appreciate your opinions on this:

My sister applied for Irish visa in Moscow to visit me in Ireland (Obviously we are not Russian). Today her visa application was refused on the ground that there is no sponsor in Ireland. What the F*** is it? Do not they understand that I am in Ireland and would like her to visit me. What am I? NOONE !!!! NOTHING!!! She has enough evidence to return to Russia before her visa expires as she is studying on the scholarship of Putin. Also I have enough evidence to support her financially if they are concerned about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭MGLman

Is there any legislation or international agreement tha is saying that "non-national student who is residing in that country longer than so many month/years are considered as a long term resident". I am curious about this beacuse in Ireland student is noone and time spend as student is not considered an a time spend in Ireland

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Thread locked. The immigration people here just apply the laws as it stands.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement