Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survey

Options
  • 03-12-2009 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭

Hi need to run a survey directed at learner drivers.
    Can I ask in the Learner Driver Forum for the input of the learner drivers?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

PM the forum Moderators, it's up to them to make the desicion on whether or not it is suitable for their forum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭DrivingInfo

BuffyBot wrote: »
    PM the forum Moderators, it's up to them to make the desicion on whether or not it is suitable for their forum :)

I done this, go into confrontation with him! and he banned me.

This mod is on a power trip.

I have helped people on that forum for a long time and unlike him I am Qualified to do so.

If I was wrong fair enough......BUT for him to ban me when he is not happy is wrong and he should not be given that power to abuse.

Are you saying the Mod banned you for sending a PM, or you got banned for something else?

Are you saying the Mod banned you for sending a PM, or you got banned for something else?

No to be fair to him he gave me an infraction for posting the survey before they got back to me. But I feel this was very heavy handed.

The reason I posted the survey: I felt they were ignoring my PM (I was waiting for 3 hours if I remember correctly). I could be wrong but it was funny the way I got an infraction after posting but no reply before.

Just to point out one of the mods was helping me in a manner I can only say was professional, it was when the other mod jumped in things got out of hand.

This survey is VERY VERY important and if it needs to be changed to suit the charter then fair enough.

I think the infraction and ban should be lifted so that I can change the survey and get the help I need.

Regards

Infractions are nothing but a PM in a different form: i.e. nothing to get majorly upset about.

As for 3 hours? I do hope you're kidding. All the moderators are volunteers, and aren't expected to be here 24/7. If you had no reply after 48/72 hours, then I'd be more concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

@ donegalfella

I understand the charter!
    I did not know the mods didn't get paid. So i do apologize for expecting a quick response.
    I did not send to everyone because If someone said yes and someone else said no! what do you do?
    YOU were helping me with your post and did point me to something I could do. It was when alan jumped in things got out of hand.

I got the first infraction on the 06-07-2009 but yet i am a member since 14-07-2006 "that's 3 years no infractions" ??????????????????????????????? why is this?
    I think! that this is, in its self, proof that someone has a personal issue with me and every chance they get they give an infraction knowing it will be only be a matter of time and I will get a ban (permanent by the way).

I am Qualified to teach people to drive, and YES! I do get to the point with people who are giving out information which is dangerous and the proof is where I called an ADI an idiot for doing same (i did get an infraction for this and it was justified as I should have been more professional).

So I have a question!
    Are you or Alan Qualified to teach people to drive? Because ye give out advice all the time.
    If you are ADI do you not think that anyone giving out information on the learning to drive forum give the correct information (even more important when it is about driving on the road and not theory)?

Just so you know I have looked at the Questions and believe these would be fine.
    1. Do you buy online?
    2. Do you know of the card payment types below?
    3. If you buy online what form of payment do you use?
    4. Do you know what PayPal is?
    5. Which form of payment system would you prefer to us?
    6. Do you know you can setup a PayPal account with a 3V Card?
    7. Do you have a Drivers Learner Permit?
    8. Do you think driving lessons are expensive (€30 to €45)?
    9. Would you use the internet to get information before you would use books, DVD or CD-Rom?
    10. Do you think video is a good means of learning?

JUST A NOTE:
      In business if you are in a place of power and not getting rewarded you are more likely to abuse that power because you have nothing to lose..

1. Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

TBH, I think donegalfella's post sums it up nicely, and I don't think there is any need for me to overturn the desicion.

Your comments in the post above demonstrate that you certainly do have an attitude that cannot be conducive to the smooth running of a forum, and as such I can quite understand the local Moderators frustrations in this situation.

2. Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭DrivingInfo

TBH, I think donegalfella's post sums it up nicely, and I don't think there is any need for me to overturn the desicion.

Your comments in the post above demonstrate that you certainly do have an attitude that cannot be conducive to the smooth running of a forum, and as such I can quite understand the local Moderators frustrations in this situation.

With respect.

You are only saying this because I have valid points in the above and when someone like me who knows what he is talking about stands their ground, it is not liked.

Thank you for you time.

3. Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's not about being liked, and the fact that you can't see what part you (and your approach) has played in bringing you to this point demonstrates more to me than any amount of text can do.

I'm sorry that you're unhappy with the desicion of the Moderators. However, that doesn't mean that it was the wrong desicion.

4. Advertisement
    This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement