Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air rifles for high power training?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Sparks wrote: »
    Ironically, I bet you it'd be restricted over here...

Well it does unmistakably resemble an assault rifle aesthetically. It will ring the quintessential assault rifle bell in people's heads. And so it highlights the absolutely ridiculous nature of legislating on the basis of aesthetics.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

Nice looking air rifle but the air cylinder could easily be mistaken for a 'bloop tube'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Would definitely turn a few heads anyway. Given that it's an air rifle surely it should be easier to get than say a rimfire or even center fire equivalent; of which there are a few around.

I'm loving the name on it, "Air 15". Class:cool:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

This is merely another example (albeit a pretty extreme one, it being a full-on 'Olympic' type firearm from one of the most recognisable and well regarded manufacturers in the field) of the idiocy of trying to legislate for 'types' of firearms on the basis of appearance or cosmetic features.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭freddieot

+1 Rovi. Typical that one would have more chance of getting a double barrel shotgun than one of these. All that's missing is the big sniper scope :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The terror of black rifles is still here.
    Otherwise known as Idonlikedelookadat-itis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

considering the 'real' version would most likely be used for foxing if someone here licensed one this 'version' would not be much use for practice.

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

That looks very much like a taliban sniper variant of the AK-16 assault machine death grenade blaster combat machine killer system. No way you would get a licence for it. I hear they fire puppies with integrated thermo-nuclear nanotech warheads.

It's colour is also undesirable.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Tricky1127

I asked could i get a licence for a rifle (Bolt Action) that fires a 7.62 nato and was told no way.! that an "army type bullet"............ok so can i get a .308 win instead then? Yes thats more like it..!!!! Now i ask Ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭freddieot

A 308 :eek:
    I can't even get a licence for a 50 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I can see it now:

...but Carl Bernosky has one.

Super: Sounds like a dodgy Russian drug dealer to me, Application refused.

Advertisement