Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New or Second-Hand Clippers

• 03-12-2009 3:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭

My clippers has just given up the ghost (after at least 30 years), though thankfully I hadn't started clipping the horse. :) Half clipped horse would not be good :eek: So I'm on the lookout for a new or second hand clippers.

What brands are considered the 'best' or most reliable clippers? And what clippers would you recommend? And how much would I be looking at paying? I've no idea as I've not had to look for one in so long.

Also, what would the chances of managing to procure a second hand one? Is there anywhere that stocks them?

I'm travelling up to Newry next week for a conference, so I'd happily take a bit of a detour if I could get a clippers better value than down here. Does anyone know if there's a tack shop up there who stocks clippers at good value?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Martin252

I got a very good quailty clippers on E Bay 6 months for 150 euro the postage is what you need to be careful of. but u should have a look..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,636 ✭✭✭✭fits

I'm not much of an expert myself either.

I've been looking at buying a set recently and like the look of these ones. Specifically the cordless as I've no power on my yard.

http://www.agrisellex.co.uk/horse-clippers-1732-0.html

Think I'll leave the purchase until next year though, its been an expensive winter so far and its not over yet.

You're looking at €250 euro for a decent new set anyway. Ebay could be worth a look for a second hand set.

I'd highly recommend that store as well.

Plus, your man gives good discounts. Drop me a pm if you are interested

Advertisement