Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postman didn't deliver letter so I have to collect!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I wouldn't worry about it too much in the city.... havn't come across any such people who deserve it to be honest. If postman couldn't deliver to ours at home (rural) he'd have no problem calling around later that evening after work if he was driving past. That's the sort of decency that deserves it. If people are pretty much operating "work to rule" every day then leave them be!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

foto joe wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about it too much in the city.... havn't come across any such people who deserve it to be honest. If postman couldn't deliver to ours at home (rural) he'd have no problem calling around later that evening after work if he was driving past. That's the sort of decency that deserves it. If people are pretty much operating "work to rule" every day then leave them be!

Yeah, I'd agree. IF they do a good job and you want to - then do!
    I know my Mum thought our postman was great (he's go down to a nearby shop to drop in a package for us, as he knew we shopped there), but gave the money to the binman out of fear (see earlier poster mention 'accidental' dropping of rubbish following a non-donation!).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

My grandmother used to leave a 6 pack of beer in the snow bank for the snow plow crew and they'd do her drive way all winter :P

That was 30 years ago though...

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

If you have a regular Postie and you are happy with the service I think it is only right you give a little pressie. You will always come across one that is not interested or in too much of a hurry to make an effort but I've always found that the Postie's are generally good.

Back 20 years ago the Bin men had a rough job and were poorly paid. Nowdays it is all wheelie bins and you never see them so I don't bother with them. I am presuming that their pay has improved also but I suppose it is still a tougher job than most as they are out in the elements.

Advertisement