Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend designer for company logo

Options
  • 03-12-2009 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend someone to design a company logo for an accountancy and tax consultancy business. The logo is to be used for the internet, website, print advertising and copmany stationery. Also, any indication on what that would cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Assuming you have a real budget(ie more that €99), then i'd recommend this guy, he's very good:
    http://fogradesign.com/index.php/portfolio/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

a logo is like a suit for your business... conveys all sorts of messages about your company... what would your client think if you turned up in a lidl suit as against a bespoke tailored jobbie? don't scrimp on cheese slices... it'll pay off in the short to medium term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭PatrickD32

p wrote: »
    Assuming you have a real budget(ie more that €99), then i'd recommend this guy, he's very good:
    http://fogradesign.com/index.php/portfolio/

artlovers.png

I should hope that didnt cost 99euro or more. Very Basic.

Alot of his work is very good however.

PatrickD32 wrote: »
    Basic does not equal bad.

170px-Nike%28c%29.svg.png
    97px-Apple.svg.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭PatrickD32

170px-Nike%28c%29.svg.png
    97px-Apple.svg.png

Never said it was bad, but 99+ would be expensive for something like that imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

artlovers.png

Alot of his work is very good however.

I disagree, ok, the presentation is terrible and the fonts a tad basic but the over all logo ticks all the right boxes and would work on all platforms imo. Its the idea that is sold in that design imo, i wouldnt have used a pallet for that design, i could take that idea and really run with it. Id say its worth every penny that was paid.

Never said it was bad, but 99+ would be expensive for something like that imo
    I don't want to comment on another designer's work without their consent, but I will take this as a more general point.

You can't value a logo design based on how simple it is to reproduce. I could redraw almost any famous logo in about than 10 minutes, does that mean they're only worth 10 euro?

If it answers the brief, fits the needs of the clients, from a business perspective as well as technical aspect, printing etc... then that is the core issue. Answering all those questions and delivering a good solid solution is key. We know very little about the brief, so it's difficult for us to say this is a bad solution. It's simple yes, but so are a great number of very successful logos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Franner1

Hi,

I am an experienced designer, who has recently started my own business.

Please visit www.printandweb.ie

If you quality work, you will have to pay for it but, I promise you not too much, and it will be worth it.

Kevin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Put a contest up on www.99designs.com - its the biz!

I now await the wrath of all the 99design haters...........lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Indeed. Basic is easier to remember and easier for branding. Just take a look at the top brands, most of them are very basic and easy to remember or reproduce.

As for the artlovers logo, an opportunity has been missed there imo. Flip the palette and use it as the 'A' with whatever minor adjustments are needed and your done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

what's basic about the artlovers logo?
    The mark represents both art and love (palette and a heart)... very nice solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

minikin wrote: »
    what's basic about the artlovers logo?
    The mark represents both art and love (palette and a heart)... very nice solution.

I took a good look at it, and it wasnt apparent right off the bat that it was a heart, let alone one with a pallet. Again, as i said, i thought the design was great, it could be presented better tho and tbh, I rekon it could be more interesting to look at also.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

Got someone to design a logo. Thanks for the replies.

Advertisement