Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam Doran Rattled! - Keep your mouth shut comment!

Options
  • 03-12-2009 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

It was great to hear Liam Doran's comment on the radio this morning that those who dont know what they are talking about (regarding the 12 days for christmas proposal) should keep their mouths shut!

My initial reaction was absolute outrage at the cheek of him, however, my reaction turned to delight as I realised that the reason for his outburst is that the public's reaction is finally getting thru to both the Unions and the politicians.

For the first time in a long time it looks as if the government are going to stand up to the unions and we, the silent majority, might just win this time!

Go on Liam, rant & rave and get the public even more indignant than they already are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

It was great to hear Liam Doran's comment on the radio this morning that those who dont know what they are talking about (regarding the 12 days for christmas proposal) should keep their mouths shut!

My initial reaction was absolute outrage at the cheek of him, however, my reaction turned to delight as I realised that the reason for his outburst is that the public's reaction is finally getting thru to both the Unions and the politicians.

For the first time in a long time it looks as if the government are going to stand up to the unions and we, the silent majority, might just win this time!

Go on Liam, rant & rave and get the public even more indignant than they already are.
    Heard it on the radio a while ago and thought the same thing, I certainly hope the public mood is getting through to them. The cheek of them trying to hold the country to ransom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Who's Liam Doran and why is his opinion relevant ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Who's Liam Doran and why is his opinion relevant ?

Head of the INO.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭powerfade

What a fool, that is gonna rally all the private sector against this plan. I see Leo Varadkar is loving this already. He should be trying to shove this under the carpet and not make a bigger issue, than it already is. I feel he will regret those choice words big time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭GSF

Is Ireland a democracy or has Doran declared martial law?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭CityCentreMan

Ireland is a democracy and at long long last the people have won!

Up the people & stuff the unions!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

If this goes ahead, he can't blame the HSE and Govt. for the mess anymore!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

Its time to break this ridiculous union stranglehold once and for all. Too bad the men in charge don't have a fraction of the courage required to stand up to vile little cretins like Doran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Doran got a right shoe up the hole some time back in a previous dispute.

He disappeared under the radar and only resurfaced recently, well relatively recently.

Varadkar would be the man to see him off , what radio show was this on please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

I think it was a soundbite outside the negotiations, FB.

Duffeh replayed it a good few times alright.

The arrogance of these people is astounding.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

:mad:

This guy Doran really let the mask slip yesterday.

The downright cheek of the guy telling the taxpayer,yes, the taxpayer , the people who have pumped untoward millions into a behemoth, with the maw to swallow anything we can throw at it and not change a bit.

In the opinion of this guy, we should shut up and let him and his ilk bleed us dry while waffling on about how hard public 'sehvants' work.

Now some undoubtedly do, but to me it shows how far removed these guys like Doran are removed from reality,and how little concern he has for the people who pay for these 'sehvices'.

He has treated John Q Taxpayer with utter contempt but sure, what's new about that.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭funnyname

Back off and keep your mouth shut.

Him and the rest of the union leaders are the ones who should do this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

:mad:

This guy Doran really let the mask slip yesterday.

The downright cheek of the guy telling the taxpayer,yes, the taxpayer , the people who have pumped untoward millions into a behemoth, with the maw to swallow anything we can throw at it and not change a bit.

In the opinion of this guy, we should shut up and let him and his ilk bleed us dry while waffling on about how hard public 'sehvants' work.

Now some undoubtedly do, but to me it shows how far removed these guys like Doran are removed from reality,and how little concern he has for the people who pay for these 'sehvices'.

He has treated John Q Taxpayer with utter contempt but sure, what's new about that.:mad:

+1 Doran is a grade A clown, he keeps sidestepping the simple facts that the state cannot afford to maintain current public service pay levels by shouting from his ivory tower that nurses do a vital job and their salaries should not be touched - he doesnt realise the work of the nurses is appreciated and is not in question, the states ability to pay their wages is the issue.

of all the union leaders he takes the biscuit for his militant views, plus he doesnt eve have a beardicon13.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Let him at it.
    He has to be heard to be doing something. Reality bites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭danman

He doesn't have a beard?
    How are we suposed to take him seriously? I thought a beard was a prerequisite to championing the cause of your brothers. (sisters)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

LOL don't know why the INO are involved in this dispute, the reason the nurses don't have the resources they need is a bloated HSE in the background and by making this stand he is helping to ensure the status quo?

This Article makes interesting reading is continuation of waste like this what Liam Doran is fighting for? Do the Nurses want resources that could be better used on the frontline wasted on a bloated overpaid bureaucratic management class in the HSE?

Advertisement