Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiplayer game with friends

Options
  • 03-12-2009 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Anyone got a multiplayer game going with friends at the mo?????

I'm playing with 2 of my mates at the moment. Really really enjoyable and I'd suggest anyone who hasn't tried it should. The banter midweek between us all is great.

We ran Spain, Italy and England and put around 6 teams from each league into a hat and had a draw. I got Fiorentina, the others drawn were Valencia and Athletico Madrid.

MY SEASON
    Thought Fiorentina would be decent as I'd have Mutu, Gilardino and Jovetic. Only had around 10m to spend, I brought in Di Maria from Benfica and Van Nistelrooy. Di Maria proved to be a good signing but the horse let me down. Got some important goals but didn't tuck as many away as I thought he would.
    I got Lyon in the CL quals...disaster....drew 1-1 at home but beat them 3-0 on their patch so I was delighted. The group drew Arsenal, CSKA and Zurich. I went out after bad results against CSKA. Drew Benfica in the Europa, they beat me 4-0 at home, everything went wrong....reversed it 3-1 in the away leg but too little, too late.

I put in a really strong performance in the league until Christmas, then Jovetic and Gilardino got bad injuries which put them both out for around 3 months. My form dipped, everything was tough but I kept 5th spot for the majority of the season. 2nd last game I was home to Udinese who were in 4th, 1 point ahead. I lost 1-0 and lost out on a CL spot. Absolutely gutted.
    Sampdoria got relegated and I got straight in there with bids for Cassano and Palombo, 2 of my favourite players. Looking forward to next season...

LA LIGA
    In Spain, Valencia finished 6th. Athletico nabbed 4th spot so major bragging rights there for one of the lads, CL football next season. Valencia were challenging for the league until David Silva suffered a serious injury which put the brakes on, he's such an excellent player in it. Athletico were hovering 5th/6th all season and put in a late surge to take 4th comfortably, helped by no major injury problems and 2 great signings - Guiseppe Rossi and Marcos Senna.

Roll on next season!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I've never played multiplayer on-line, how does it work, must you wait till everyone is done with the days dealings to continue on.
    How long would 1 season take you and how long of a session would you play for
    Sorry for all the ceisteanna

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

Crosáidí wrote: »
    I've never played multiplayer on-line, how does it work, must you wait till everyone is done with the days dealings to continue on.
    How long would 1 season take you and how long of a session would you play for
    Sorry for all the ceisteanna

Tis no problem, you can play online, someone hosts the game and you can connect to it via their I.P address. What we do though is meet up and just use network cables/router and have some banter too. You do have to wait until everyone is done but there are options to put a 30/60 second countdown timer on it once a certain % of players has clicked continue. So if 2/3 click continue it counts down from 30 seconds and the game day moves on once the time is up.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DBraithwaite

is this played on your local game at home or on FM live ??

Just at home, local area network amongst ourselves. Great fun..

You can do it online too, we just prefer organising a night where we're in the same room as the banter is great if someone loses etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DBraithwaite

cashville wrote: »
    Just at home, local area network amongst ourselves. Great fun..

You can do it online too, we just prefer organising a night where we're in the same room as the banter is great if someone loses etc.

Is local if he's in a different hose 300 metres up the road?

• Advertisement

Is local if he's in a different hose 300 metres up the road?

No, you'd both need broadband access or a 300m cable!

Advertisement