Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World's Strongest Beer - Tactical Nuclear Penguin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭kerno

Yeah i saw that the other day.. Its mad aint it..
    Say it tastes like piss tho..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Freeze-distillation has been used for centuries. It's not exactly revolutionary, as they claimed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,185 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Also, I wouldn't really consider it as beer since it has, in effect, been distilled.

Like to try it, all the same!!:D

I still reckon, Sam Adams's Utopias is still the strongest - that, AFAIK, is fermented to 27% abv

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I still reckon, Sam Adams's Utopias is still the strongest - that, AFAIK, is fermented to 27% abv
    The Yanks like to think so. But they're wrong. And TNP won't be the world's strongest for long either. Details.

OP, does whiskey make you go >< ? That's usually even stronger. And a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

BeerNut wrote: »
    The Yanks like to think so. But they're wrong. And TNP won't be the world's strongest for long either. Details.

OP, does whiskey make you go >< ? That's usually even stronger. And a lot cheaper.
    I drink Jameson as my usual :) Just interested to try TNP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,185 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

BeerNut wrote: »

Also, essentially, distilled. Is Utopias not actually fermented to its final strength?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Yeah, Utopius is fermented using a series of yeasts.

Utopias is still classified as a spirit in Ireland -- anything over 22% ABV is, regardless of the production method. So it depends on where you want to draw the line, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

see they have a prospectus, seeking investment. I'm going to have a scan later.

Or, for those with a spare £230 and a short attention span, there's the video.

• Advertisement
Advertisement