Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zooplus.ie Delivery times?

Options
  • 03-12-2009 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I just made my first purchase from zooplus.ie (some Cat's Best Okoplus which I couldn't find in local shops) and am wondering how long it will take to be delivered? I assumed they'd tell me this at the time of/after purchase, but it didn't mention it anywhere. Also, I assume delivery is during working hours? I live in south county Dublin. Anyone else out there buy from them and can give me a guide time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

They use a courier so it's down to them really, not Zooplus. I've gotten items 3 days after ordering and it's also taken over 2 weeks for some stuff to arrive as the courier couldn't find my address.

I get the stuff delivered to work now, they can always find it and as most deliveries are during working hours I'm always there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

2-3 days - ordered food on Monday so expect a DHL delivery docket today - they are quite good at coming back the following day

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭CamillaRhodes

Toulouse wrote: »
    it's also taken over 2 weeks for some stuff to arrive as the courier couldn't find my address.

:eek::eek::eek: OMG!!! 2 weeks?!?! Would they not call you and ask for directions?!? Really hope it doesn't take that long, wouldn't bother with it if that's the case.

3 days sounds a bit more ok. I'm home anyway during office hours so hopefully they'll CALL if they have problems finding the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I know, that's the question I asked the courier when he finally did ring. Apparently they don't supply numbers with deliveries so it took the courier that long to track down my number. Now I don't believe for a second that it took Zooplus that long to hand it over as the delivery guy was a bit of a muppet so like I said, it's really down to the courier they use. I know they weren't using DHL when I ordered that particular item and I did make a complaint to them about the couriers they were using.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

It can take anything from 4 to 7 days ..ish. Only downside when ordering from them is you can't afford to be in a rush but their cheap prices make it worth while. Although like with pretty much the majority of delivery crowds you might get a phone call last minute and you're expected to be home 24/7 so it's good to have a drop off point when you're ordering.

So far had no probs. though the lads that deliver round here are pretty decent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 aspender

Stuff ships from Germany. You can use the tracking number in the dispatch email on this site:

http://www.dhl.de/content/de/de.html

Stick your tracking number in the Sendungsverfolgung box.

I've ordered twice (made a third order today) and both times it has taken about 7 days. Both times the final delivery was made by An Post, not DHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jack Daniels I

I ordered a cat tree and food from zooplus recently. The first half of the tree and food came within 3 days. I waited over 2 weeks for the second half. I sent various emails and I got told it would be delivered on a certain date and it never arrived. I think the courier service is very poor, but zooplus seems to be good. Also the goods were damaged when I recieved them, again this is probably due to courier. I kept goods because I couldnt be bothered sending it back after all the hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

I order from Zooplus about once every six weeks and I've never had a problem. Occasionally they make a mistake with the order and forget to include something, but if you contact them they'll always credit your account for the missing item no problem.

They used to use GLS for the free shipping to Ireland, but have recently moved to DHL, both couriers have always delivered OK to me. It's only the smaller items that get delivered via An Post, at least in my experience.

Oh, 5-7 days is standard, I always order well early these days!

Blueprint wrote: »
    It's only the smaller items that get delivered via An Post, at least in my experience.

My last order was a 13.5KG bag of Orijen and that came via An Post. I've just ordered a large double cage for my car, so I'll see how that comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

aspender wrote: »
    Stuff ships from Germany. You can use the tracking number in the dispatch email on this site:

http://www.dhl.de/content/de/de.html

Stick your tracking number in the Sendungsverfolgung box.

I've ordered twice (made a third order today) and both times it has taken about 7 days. Both times the final delivery was made by An Post, not DHL.

Ah thanks for this!!!

I ordered from zooplus.co.uk on Monday evening and my parcel just arrived :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

dont order from zooplus.ie, order from zooplus.co.uk

they both come from the same place and have free delivery only one is about 15% cheaper.:rolleyes:

TechnoPool wrote: »
    dont order from zooplus.ie, order from zooplus.co.uk

they both come from the same place and have free delivery only one is about 15% cheaper.:rolleyes:

best of check on both sites, i did this recently and .ie came out cheaper - for the first time in 4 orders ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Bookkeeper09

I ordered(first order) some stuff from zooplus.co.uk on a monday night and received on friday morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

In my experience lately, the only thing still cheaper from the UK site is the big bag of Orijen dog food. The big multi-packs of Bozita wet food and their Acana Grasslands kibble are the same or slightly cheaper on the IE. site. I always check first though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I just ordered my first item from Zooplus. It's a kennel. After looking at a few places that sell kennels here I was surprised at how expensive a lot of places are so I checked on there and they're at least half the price for the same thing. Hopefully it'll come before the week is out.

Hmmmm, still no delivery (it's almost 4pm on Monday) and I ordered on Wednesday afternoon :confused: I've just used the last of the current cat litter I've had until now (my pair go through a lot of the stuff) and it really sucks to have to go out and buy more crap, expensive stuff when I've already ordered (and, I assume, paid for) stuff from Zooplus. Bit annoyed about this, actually, if I'd known the delivery would take so long I wouldn't have bothered. It's a bit deceptive of them to have a .ie domain but not tell you that they're shipping from overseas and it will take a long time to arrive :mad:

Hmmmm, still no delivery (it's almost 4pm on Monday) and I ordered on Wednesday afternoon :confused: I've just used the last of the current cat litter I've had until now (my pair go through a lot of the stuff) and it really sucks to have to go out and buy more crap, expensive stuff when I've already ordered (and, I assume, paid for) stuff from Zooplus. Bit annoyed about this, actually, if I'd known the delivery would take so long I wouldn't have bothered. It's a bit deceptive of them to have a .ie domain but not tell you that they're shipping from overseas and it will take a long time to arrive :mad:

I think you are being unrealistic. A simple click on the help section would point you to:

http://www.zooplus.ie/content/help#27

which clearly says:
    How long does delivery take?

After an order is shipped from our warehouse, which is usually completed within 48 hours of the order’s receipt, it usually takes three to four working days for it to arrive.

Wednesday afternoon to today = 3 working days at best

aspender wrote: »
    I think you are being unrealistic. A simple click on the help section would point you to:

http://www.zooplus.ie/content/help#27

Fair enough, I didn't go through the help section (I didn't realise I needed 'help', since most websites I've ordered off online will give you a guideline for delivery at the time of purchase.)

But 48 hours + 3-4 working days = a week at least. That's a long time to wait for cat litter. I know a lot of people on here seem very loyal to Zooplus, but I don't think I'll be bothering again :(

That is the downside is that it can take even a week for stuff to come, because it's cheaper than so many other places though it is worth ordering stuff well in advance if possible.
    Stuff like litter and food has a good shelf life so people can stock up. It is a pain though. Mind you even a letter from Germany can take that long or longer to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

+1 - it's cheaper & saves the hassle of going out & dragging big heavy bags of stuff home. I always put my order in for food about 2 weeks before I reckon it will run out 'cos I'm not paying over the odds for it.

• Advertisement

So my delivery arrived yesterday evening, by An Post (SDS), so it was exactly a week from ordering til delivery. Not as bad as 2 weeks, but I guess I just didn't expect to wait so long.

Will keep it in mind if I order again (we'll see how good this bloody cat litter is ;)

My order came in 4 days so my first dealing with Zooplus is a good one. The kennel is great too, happy days.

Are zooplus using an post now to do all their deliveries?

I got three of my four boxes delivered by An Post on Wednesday this week, order put in last Tuesday, DHL delivery note for the last box on Friday. looks like they are using a combination of the two

Mine was DHL anyway. Maybe An Post for smaller packages?

the three boxes An Post delivered where 2 * 18kg bags of James Belloved and 24 800 gram tins of Rinti dog meat - not the smallest of items - mind you not as big as a kennel

Paul91 wrote: »
    the three boxes An Post delivered where 2 * 18kg bags of James Belloved and 24 800 gram tins of Rinti dog meat - not the smallest of items - mind you not as big as a kennel

My sister got a kennel from them last week and An Post delivered it so I guess it doesn't go on sizes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭animalcrazy

The first time I ordered from Zooplus I hate to contact them and see where my package was. It was a week and a half and I heard nothing. When I messaged them they told me I needed to clarify me details, and that the courier would contact me and be out soon.

Thankfully, the courier rang the next day and I got my package. They said they couldn't find my address. I wonder if I never contacted them would I have ever gotten my package?

I've ordered from them again Friday night and I'm hoping I'll have the things I ordered for my rabbits before Christmas. They sent me an email saying that they spilt my order into two packages, and two different couriers will come with each package. I don't know why it was spilt, I only ordered a rabbit cage and some treats.

I've a feeling this is going to be a lot of hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Clare Bear wrote: »
    My order came in 4 days so my first dealing with Zooplus is a good one. The kennel is great too, happy days.

Which kennel did you get? I've been thinking of getting one for our retriever but a few people on here have said their retriever chewed the kennel up!

I ordered some stuff from zooplus.co.uk a week ago - so expecting it today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Got my giant crate today. We ordered it last monday night so a week to the day.

It's HUGE, he loves it and the quality is good (not amazing but it will do what it says on the tin)

Advertisement