Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Masked Man wrote: »
    It's a ****ing tattoo. Why do people care? There's enough actual reasons to laugh at the Jets.

Not to mention Rex is already off sunning himself while most teams are doing their player evaluatons.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    What time is kick-off saturday and sunday?

Saturday 5th January
    Cincinnati @ Houston on Sky Sports 2 @ 9.30pm

Minnesota @ Green Bay on Sky Sports 2 @ 01.00am (Sunday morning)

Sunday 6th January

Indianapolis @ Baltimore on Sky Sports 1 @ 5.30pm

Seattle @ Washington on Sky Sports 1 @ 9.00pm

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ravens game is gonna be awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Hazys wrote: »
    Cos it's funny.

Its a white trash tattoo of his wife wearing the jersey of the QB he is trying to get rid of....very cringe and very stereotypical Jets behavior.

meh to me it's just a dodgy tattoo, but hey whatever floats your boat.

There's also no proof it's real/permanent or of when he got it so that kinda makes me care even less.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

pack...do noit make it close today

• Advertisement

Any pubs showing ravens game?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

dojojoe wrote: »
    Any pubs showing ravens game?

In Dublin...?

The woolshed and Peader kearneys, of the two, I'd recommend the woolshed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,075 ✭✭✭Guffy

galway... garveys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Vikes had a starter from Culinary Academy last night

Funny but Tony Gonzalez does it better :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

adrian522 wrote: »

I saw that, so sleazy lol

Poor girl getting perved on by everybody, NFL players, commentators, kids next to her in the stand...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

adrian522 wrote: »

Good banter between Dockett and McCarron last night, to that message McCarron replied:

@ddockett u better worry ab being in them playoffs, then going to king of diamonds homie.. #betterkeepdreaming like the rest of these dudes

@ddockett boy stop! U gotta better chance with them strippers then this way homie know that. better stop eating them wings and win. All love

@ddockett and talk to them and tell them to get me and I will come help y'all!

Aaron Murray posted that she should become a Georgia fan to which AJ replied:

@aaronmurray11 u don't win enough bud!! #15

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

I like his effort, 5star recruit:p, laughed a lot watching this

More on him here

Just looking back over some past drafts (I often do this when bored) and came across the 2007 with JaMarcus Russel, someone has had fun with the editor :pac:

2afd5e73bdee64d20de111398f413f57.png?1357772292

I just noticed the note beside Gaines Adams. Sad to see he passed away due to a heart condition :( Was he any good?

Interestingly, the second round draft pick that the Bears gave to the Buccs to get Adams was traded around several times and ended up with the Patriots who used it to get Gronk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Paully D wrote: »
    Just looking back over some past drafts (I often do this when bored) and came across the 2007 with JaMarcus Russel, someone has had fun with the editor :pac:

2afd5e73bdee64d20de111398f413f57.png?1357772292

I just noticed the note beside Gaines Adams. Sad to see he passed away due to a heart condition :( Was he any good?

Interestingly, the second round draft pick that the Bears gave to the Buccs to get Adams was traded around several times and ended up with the Patriots who used it to get Gronk!

He didnt live up to expectations for where he was drafted. I don't like calling a guy who passed away a bust so ill just say it was a very poor value pick.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000124079/article/rex-ryan-new-york-jets-still-talking-the-talk-after-610-season?campaign=Twitter_writers_jones
    "We're going to be the team that you don't want to play," the New York Jets head coach said. "(And show) that we are a dangerous football team. We're going to attack you from the minute that whistle blows (and) we're going to attack you on offense, defense and special teams. That's what I have to give the fans''

iSQzgXwTYlCUe.gif

The jets are mario balotelli of the nfl without the good parts

• Registered Users Posts: 15,266 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Jerry Angelo is getting an interview for the Jets GM job? :D

Please let him get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

So I'm gonna miss the Broncos Ravens game at the weekend. Does anyone know anywhere I can watch the whole game after its finished? I dont have sky so can't record from there. I plan to avoid the score, but if it's not possible I'll just follow it on my phone.

• Advertisement

ehm...yes....this is what this post originally contained

th?id=H.4671963171063710&pid=15.1&H=160&W=106

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

To be fair, he's basically describing the Jets from 2/3 years ago when they really were a team you didn't want to play, with the best defense around. They can probably get back there in a couple of years if they keep the few very good players they have and fill the obvious gaping holes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

They can be that next season with Revis healthy and a good defensive draft. Revis alone makes a team that likes to blitz as much as the Jets infinitely better because he can go man-to-man with any receiver on the face of the planet and win.

The offense on the other hand.. that's what's been the Jets' problem even in the AFC title game years.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Arawn wrote: »
    Junior Seau's results were released today. He had that CTE?? I think it's called
    Article three posts up from yours!!

Looks like the Steelers are now moral guides in the NFL after ditching Rainey due to an arrest :rolleyes:

Nice of them to cut him straight away but give Roethlisberger two chances.

Tomlin after Ben's arrest:

"I'm highly concerned for our franchise and for Ben personally, but I think at this time it's kind of appropriate to watch these things and let these things run their course."

So basically if you're a franchise QB it's fine to wait, but if you're a backup RB then bye bye. Talk about one rule for one and one for another. The amount of ''Oh the Steelers aren't playing around, great of them to get rid'' articles, tweets etc that I have seen are unreal. Looks like most have forgotten the blatant double standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    So I'm gonna miss the Broncos Ravens game at the weekend. Does anyone know anywhere I can watch the whole game after its finished? I dont have sky so can't record from there. I plan to avoid the score, but if it's not possible I'll just follow it on my phone.

Cancel whatever is stoping you from watching it live, get to a pub, enjoy.

Jaguars new GM says he can't envisage Tebow being there, even if released from the Jets. He's obviously cleared that up with Khan before taking the job then.

Looks like that could be the end of Tebow in the NFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Jaguars new GM says he can't envisage Tebow being there, even if released from the Jets. He's obviously cleared that up with Khan before taking the job then.

Looks like that could be the end of Tebow in the NFL.

You know I'm starting to pity Tebow, he's a good living, innocent oul Jesus loving sort of ejjit. Maybe he needs to start doing some serious cussing and disrespecting. Maybe carry a bottle JD around, fag hanging from the mouth, groupie on his arm. Wouldn't do any harm would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

You know I'm starting to pity Tebow, he's a good living, innocent oul Jesus loving sort of ejjit. Maybe he needs to start doing some serious cussing and disrespecting. Maybe carry a bottle JD around, fag hanging from the mouth, groupie on his arm. Wouldn't do any harm would it?

At least then the Lions would give him a job!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Agreed. I still think there is another great story in him like the one last season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement