Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

kmart6 wrote: »
    MVP for Peterson.....a lot closer than a lot of people were making it out to be!
    Delighted he had such a good year I was worried a qb would get it again

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

nerd69 wrote: »
    Delighted he had such a good year I was worried a qb would get it again
    Considering how close it was I don't think if it had been shared it would have been unfair on either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

kmart6 wrote: »

Wilson won the Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year award. That was voted for by fans, I assume it is the one voted for by the AP that Griffin won that is classed as the rookie of the year award? :confused:

Yes, that's what all these awards were, nothing to do with fan voting which will never be a true reflection!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭jj1

I just downloaded a Kindle Book about Drew Brees for free on amazon in case anyone is interested. It's called - Coming Back Stronger: Unleashing the Hidden Power of Adversity.

Disclaimer: I don't know if it's any good whatsoever but it's american football related with Drew Brees on the cover & there's a long offseason ahead after tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Glad to see Peterson win the MVP, the speed of his return from the ACL injury and his level of performance has just been phenomenal. And then he oh so nearly smashed the long standing season rushing yards record.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Ok I've gone from hating Richard Sherman for pretty much no other reason, then him being a loud mouth, OTT trash talker, to actually thinking he's a hero.

His reaction to the Niners fan ("He's too fat and slow, he's a punk and on Drugs") was brilliant, he just laughed.

Seems like a funny guy.

Hilarious video, though it would have been funnier if he hadn't told them who he was :P

EDIT: Also the man who is "working" in NC is also brilliant :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Why is Rogers even in that photo :confused:

I wasn't watching it but I'd imagine it was himself and Farve who presented the award!

• Advertisement

Amazing the "fans" that turn up to the superbowl don't even recognise one of the best corners in the league.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Amazing the "fans" that turn up to the superbowl don't even recognise one of the best corners in the league.

One of the best corners in the league? Is that you Richard?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

Pretty funny they dont even know who he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

In all fairness, other than the main QBs and defensive stars, would you really know what all players look like? They are wearing helmets when on the field like.

I think I would no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

adrian522 wrote: »

Why wouldn't he be? 8 interceptions, 3 FF and a sack.

You mad bro? First team all-pro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Hard to deny that he was the best in the league this year. No matter how detestable he is.

SantryRed wrote: »
    In all fairness, other than the main QBs and defensive stars, would you really know what all players look like? They are wearing helmets when on the field like.
    Biggest issue with marketing players when they are covered majority of the time!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

He knows how to market himself at least, thought his finger wagging against the Falcons was hilarious ...

• Advertisement

Rochey18 wrote: »
    I think I would no problem.

This exact discussion came up on another forum I look at when people were laughing at the guys for not recognising Sherman. I think you'd be surprised who you do/don't recognise when they're in a different setting, outside of team colours. i.e. how many of these faces do you recognise? I got 20, which I would consider pretty poor for a sport I spend so much time watching! I'm just poor with faces in general.

qgXDFAM.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I'd very rarely recognise non-Raider players, obviously big name ones I would. Even I'm not sure I'd be 100% on Raider ones.

I watch gaelic football so much, I would watch highlights of every game every weekend. I still wouldn't know them.

Alot of NFL players get no coverage, probably more so on the west coast.

Chargers for my team would be Donald Butler. I would be surprised if people know what he looks like.

Im talking about top 20 players for each team I think I would know. Also players like Nate Washington, only reason I know him is because Super Bowl and he signed with Titans in free agency.

Most players get no media coverage in the NFL, would only get local.
    Everyone here I would think all know the top 25-50 players in the NFL, because they get coverage.

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Im talking about top 20 players for each team I think I would know.

All of the guys posted above are at least top 20. Most of them top 10, with a few top 5...!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I got 20, which I would consider pretty poor for a sport I spend so much time watching! I'm just poor with faces in general.

Fair play. I won't embarrass myself by saying how many I got. Worse still I haven't a notion who some of these guys are.

Need more of whatever channel has the players introduce themselves

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Fair play. I won't embarrass myself by saying how many I got. Worse still I haven't a notion who some of these guys are.

Need more of whatever channel has the players introduce themselves
    Think that only happens on SNF

Those who play Madden have a big advantage.

Ye totally agree, top 20 is a bit much, Went over top.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I'm getting about 15, genuinely wouldn't know 10 if I didn't play Madden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I know most of them from idly thumbing through free agents for my fantasy team on ESPN.com.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement