Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I hate when teams low ball another team in a trade for their criminal but talented player, thinking its a steal of a deal, but i love when it starts to blow up in their face, just like what the Cowboys did with Pacman and Tank Johnson a season or two ago, its another reason to dislike the Jets.

Funnist part of this story:
    An early morning DWI arrest won't stop whoever ghostwrites Braylon Edwards' official Twitter page from getting to work.

The message from the Jets receiver sometime around 8:00 a.m. ET, just a few hours after Edwards' arrest:
    "GoodMorning World...Winning is the goal, perfection is the aspiration, & dedication is the key to unlock the door #LetsWork."

Actually, the key to unlocking the door is bail money.

UPDATE: The tweet was deleted shortly after we put up our post.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/21/braylon-edwards-twitter-ghostwriter-doesnt-read-the-post/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭boccy23

raven136 wrote: »
    Reports say Braylon Edwards was arrested for DUI early hours on Tuesday morning.BAC double the limit.

Can anyone say Idiot.

Could be in big trouble with Schoolmaster Goodell. Not exactly his first incident.

Amazing how many football players are caught DUI. With all their money you'd think they could afford a driver! Or one of their posse, like Turtle, would do it.

Reggie Bush out for 6 weeks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ab7664/article/saints-bush-expected-to-miss-six-weeks-with-broken-leg?module=HP_headlines

Saints O hasn't been anywhere like it was last season. I wonder how they'll fare through this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Andy Reid has named Michael Vick starting QB. I'm very surprised. If McNabb ends up having a good season there is going to be such a ****storm in Phili about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,133 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is so sick, makes the Maroney trade a horrendous error now. We signed Danny Woodhead off the Jets practice squad on Saturday, he is supposedly a Faulk type. Some guys were raving about Woodhead, I really hope they are right.

I'm not sure about this but I think I remember reading that Edelman got a lot of reps as 3rd down back at Training Camp.

cooker3 wrote: »
    Andy Reid has named Michael Vick starting QB. I'm very surprised. If McNabb ends up having a good season there is going to be such a ****storm in Phili about it.

The Eagles fans had zero respect for Mcnabb. As far as I'm concerned, they're the reason he's not there now. They were bleating on for Vick to start in Philly ever since he got there. They got their wish. Any complaints now and they have nobody to blame ... knowing Philly fans, they'll find someone though!!!

davyjose wrote: »
    The Eagles fans had zero respect for Mcnabb. As far as I'm concerned, they're the reason he's not there now. They were bleating on for Vick to start in Philly ever since he got there. They got their wish. Any complaints now and they have nobody to blame ... knowing Philly fans, they'll find someone though!!!

The Eagles fans have zero respect for almost everybody that plays for them.

eagle eye wrote: »
    The Eagles fans have zero respect for almost everybody that plays for them.

Except Vick, it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

davyjose wrote: »
    Except Vick, it seems.

I dunno, maybe their lovely, friendly fans find something to empathise with in a convicted criminal as QB:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

cooker3 wrote: »

My easiest prediction of the season...this is going to end bad. Vick blows hot and cold, he's hot at the moment but as soon as he starts to struggle the Philly fans will be on his back.

That leaves them with Kolb who Reid has basically given up on after 2 quarters. The guy must be overflowing with comfidence now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

''If Vick doesn't win, it's going to be tough to go back to a cold Kolb. ''

I love Kolb. Well, at least his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Posted it elsewhere but might as well post it in the "wacky" thread

http://plixi.com/p/46478824

Great headline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Andy Reid is trying to save is job. The only reason in my eyes Vick has the starting role. Reid is on very thin ice and by putting Vick in there it keeps the fans off his back for a while. They should have found a way to properly use both of them. Vick wont win them a Bowl or get close to one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Have to say im glad the Packers have already gotten the Eagles. Vick being named can only inspire them to be more confidnet in their man now.

eagle eye wrote: »

I didn't see him play but is this justifiable? Only been 2 weeks.

Have to say im glad the Packers have already gotten the Eagles. Vick being named can only inspire them to be more confidnet in their man now.
    Yeah especially all those guys on the team who love dogs.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Free Game Pass this weekend for all us in the UK and Ireland.

Think it might be just for Sunday but I'm not sure exactly but I signed up anyhow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Bruuuuuuuce starting for the Raiders

The team seems to respond to him, looks to be the correct decision

Free Game Pass this weekend for all us in the UK and Ireland.

Think it might be just for Sunday but I'm not sure exactly but I signed up anyhow!

Mate of mine said there could be a catch about taking your money for an extended week, be careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Yep. Read the terms and conditions

I signed up last year and the first I knew that I had renewed for this season was when I viewed my credit card statement.

I hold my hands up, I didn't read the terms, my fault.
    All the same, the NFL UK forums had many like me, I certainly wasn't alone.

You have to opt out, if you don't they just sign up you and use your credit card

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Does anyone watch the NFL - Total Access on Sky Sports?

Now I know not many will be too bothered by what im going to say but its annoying for myself. I have watched for past 2 years regularly and so far this season, I tend to see more than I miss but im always waiting for a Packers segment or report they barley ever get a mention in the programme. Last few years it was all just because of Favre and a few injury updates and jsut a quick menton to say who they are playing but never any indeth discussion or analysis of the team, previus or upcoming matches.

Rant over.

EDIT: Anyone notice any other teams that get over-shadowed or other teams that seem to be plastered over the programme, Cowboys being one, ever single week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

The Bills have released Trent Edwards.

Must be comfortable with Ryan Fitzpatrick after the game he had yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

And how will this affect the new CBA? Like 18 full on games a season means they will want more money which is understandable and bigger squads too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Cutting Trentative isn't a shock for me. He was given a couple of games to show something but has been abject. We will be picking number 1 and a QB is on the cards. Ryan Fitz isn't the answer. I best start watching some college games to see who's decent, though I find college play to be painful to watch at times.

God damn Spiller is some player though. I'd like to think he'll be around if we improve to challenge for playoffs in a minimum 3 years. I always prefer to build my team inside out (QB, OL, D) before skill guys like Rbs and WRs (like the Vikes did) but hopefully he'll bring some more joy to this year.

Singletary fires Jimmy Raye. My first thought when I heard about his was that its an attempt to save his own hide.

Raye's reaction to this says it all.
    "I was carrying out the head coach's wishes," Raye said. "I was doing what I was brought here to do under his philosophy he wanted installed. I tried as best I could to carry that out with the quarterbacking and the personnel that we had. I didn't come in and say, 'This is my offense, and I'm running this, and if you don't like it, you can get somebody else.' I was doing what was given me to do."
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ae9194/article/raye-says-he-followed-singletarys-wishes-for-49ers-offense?module=HP_headlines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Bruuuuuuuce starting for the Raiders

The team seems to respond to him, looks to be the correct decision
    most Raider Fans are happy that Gradkowski has the starting slot. He's not the big arm QB that Davis wants but Campbell has shown hes not comfortable leading this group so Grad deserves the nod. We are much more competitive for this decision. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement