Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Percy Harvin looking for Megatron/Larry Fitz type contract according to "Source".

If that is correct I wouldn't drop a second rounder on him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000138844/article/minnesota-vikings-source-wants-to-keep-percy-harvin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

He's getting a huge contract one way or the other soon, his rookie deal only has a season to run. Anyone signing him will want more insurance than a season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well I don't think there are too many teams that would give him that sort of money, you'd want to have a contract agreed before you agree the trade to be honest.

He might get 10mil per year, about what he would be worth to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Wouldn't at all surprise me if this "source" is someone who wants to trade for Harvin, but wants to lower the Vikings asking price.

Wouldn't at all surprise me if this "source" is someone who wants to trade for Harvin, but wants to lower the Vikings asking price.

Could be, but I'd still want a long term deal pretty much worked out before trading for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,388 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

adrian522 wrote: »
    Could be, but I'd still want a long term deal pretty much worked out before trading for him.
    If a deal is worked out with him he isn't going anywhere and if he did it would cost a packet, most likely players and a lot of draft picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Reports today that Titus Young is to be cut by the Rams.

What a legacy he'll leave behind him those amazing 7 days or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Reports today that Titus Young is to be cut by the Rams.

What a legacy he'll leave behind him those amazing 7 days or so!

Source?

Not that I find it surprising if true.

Packers to release Charles Woodson according to NFL.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

TaosHum wrote: »

Source?

Not that I find it surprising if true.

Pro Football Talk were reporting it. Just saw an NFL writer speaking about it on Twitter.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

If young has deeper issues the league should do more than just saying goodbye

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Would really like to know what is up with Young

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Arawn wrote: »
    If young has deeper issues the league should do more than just saying goodbye

The Lions were pushing him to get help, but they can't force him to do anything. He's not the Rams problem and they must have decided they don't want him to be. What can the league do if the lad doesn't want help?

EDIT:
    "While the timing seems odd with Young seemingly just entering the picture in St. Louis, it is relevant to point out that in the time between the Rams claiming Young and today, former Detroit Lions seconday coach Tim Walton became the Rams new defensive coordinator. You can bet he was asked his opinion, perhaps even before getting settled into his new digs."

http://sidelionreport.com/2013/02/15/titus-youngs-second-chance-over-already/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Episode 1 of my boy JaMarcus Russell's comeback diary.

He is absolutely huge.

Sitting down to watch that now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Sweet Jesus he really has put on serious weight.

If he gets down to the ideal weight they want him he will be the weight limit in the ufc's heavyweight division. That is crazy big

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Otto Skadelig

Allegedly Titus young has failed his physical (knee issues)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

Episode 2 of the comeback

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

If he gets his weight down I think he will be signed up.

Just watched the second episode, surely his 40 time be better then 4.8 after he ran 5.2 with all that weight and his start was horrible.
    Great to see him going down this road instead of the road Ryan Leaf took.

Rochey18 wrote: »
    If he gets his weight down I think he will be signed up.

Just watched the second episode, surely his 40 time be better then 4.8 after he ran 5.2 with all that weight and his start was horrible.
    Great to see him going down this road instead of the road Ryan Leaf took.

It's a great story, I think everybody will want him to succeed because of the whole underdog story but how long will it last?
    Would he not start off with the CFL before going to the NFL where he will just be a backup surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

It's a great story, I think everybody will want him to succeed because of the whole underdog story but how long will it last?
    Would he not start off with the CFL before going to the NFL where he will just be a backup surely?

This article is very old but even adjusting for the 8 years intervening, CFL players make (relatively) very little. Back then a starting QB in the CFL could expect 150,000 to 300,000. He'd make way more as a back up, not to mention the quality of the players he'd be up against in the NFL would improve him much faster.

http://www.darrenbarefoot.com/archives/2005/11/how-much-do-cfl-players-make.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Starting to root for the guy. Hope he gets a shot.

He ran a 4.83 at his pro day pre-draft. If they get him below a sub 4.8 that is good going.

What was said about Russell pre-draft

Mike Mayocks comments are pretty accurate

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1005/nfl.jamarcus.russell.hype/content.1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

HigginsJ wrote: »
    What was said about Russell pre-draft

Mike Mayocks comments are pretty accurate

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1005/nfl.jamarcus.russell.hype/content.1.html

and thats why mayocks the man pete prisco was on the ball as well to be fair to him it show you the benifit of hindsight i think at least 1/3 of the teams would have jumped at the chance to take him

what players do ye think we could be looking at in a few years and saying i cant believe the hype around?

him i guess the most obvious at the moment is probably manti

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I hope the fat **** gets squashed on his first game back if he does make it.

I hope the fat **** gets squashed on his first game back if he does make it.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Such a waste of talent. On one hand I want him to succeed because I want to see how good he could really be. On the other hand I want to see him fail because I've never seen such a lazy waste of space who just took the money and ran!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

iv done a bit of a fa/combine preview over on the eagles thread although they are based on the eagles needs itd be cool to get some opinions from fans of other teams

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement