Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Revis and Sherman having a bit of a war of words on Twitter. Pro Football Focus covered the comparison between them already, good read:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/25/shutdown-corners-richard-sherman-v-darrelle-revis/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

No one can hold a candle to Revis. He is by a very large distance the best cornerback in the league, and that's not a swipe at those behind him - he's just that good. Sherman had a great year but if he's half as smart as he thinks is, then he knows he's not even close to Revis' calibre. He's as close to perfect as you can get in a defensive back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

No one can hold a candle to Revis. He is by a very large distance the best cornerback in the league, and that's not a swipe at those behind him - he's just that good. Sherman had a great year but if he's half as smart as he thinks is, then he knows he's not even close to Revis' calibre. He's as close to perfect as you can get in a defensive back.
    Better than doin? Or Leon sandcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Sherman had a great year but if he's half as smart as he thinks is, then he knows he's not even close to Revis' calibre.

For a man who miraculously escaped a drugs ban due to a technicality, Sherman has some gall comparing himself to Revis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

hgjzr.gif

Shamelessly stolen from the Rage thread over in cool pics and videos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

nerd69 wrote: »
    Better than doin? Or Leon sandcastle
    Man I can't wait to see sandcastles 40 time!! Fastest ever I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Man I can't wait to see sandcastles 40 time!! Fastest ever I'd say!

Looking forward to Rich Eisen's latest effort. Can he break 6 seconds?

So bored already without weekly football to discuss. I love the draft and the whole process around it, but it's just not the same.

Can't wait for my Ravens to open the season on September 5th. Who do you guys think it will be against? The candidates are the AFC North teams obviously, Packers, Patriots, Texans, Vikings and Jets.

Got to be Steelers or Patriots for me, what a great season opener that would be. I'm hoping it's the Steelers but would love a Patriots opener too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Hopefully Packers so we can beat Ravens by a good margin and lay down our marker for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

I think the Ravens V Steelers rivalry will pose too lucrative an opener to turn down. Pats is possible but anything else and i'd be surprised.

When do HBO normally make their Hard Knocks announcements? Would love to see the Eagles this year!

Also, @ Arawn. Your current post count is simply elite!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

According to Adam Schefter, the league is in talks to move the Combine to early March, free agency to April and the draft to May

Paully D wrote: »
    So bored already without weekly football to discuss. I love the draft and the whole process around it, but it's just not the same.

Can't wait for my Ravens to open the season on September 5th. Who do you guys think it will be against? The candidates are the AFC North teams obviously, Packers, Patriots, Texans, Vikings and Jets.

Got to be Steelers or Patriots for me, what a great season opener that would be. I'm hoping it's the Steelers but would love a Patriots opener too.

I agree, the biggest draw will be you guys against us Pats or the Steelers. My gut tells me it will be Ravens Vs Patriots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

TaosHum wrote: »
    According to Adam Schefter, the league is in talks to move the Combine to early March, free agency to April and the draft to May

I'd like that, it'll stretch out the off season...although saying that, complete non stories get blown up to fill the void of real NFL news, itll be 2x as bad if the off season is doubled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Not likely it's the Broncos anyways. We're rumoured heavily to kick Sunday Night Football off for the second season running with a Manning bowl in Metlife.

Steelers imo. Ideal curtain raiser.

spiralism wrote: »
    Not likely it's the Broncos anyways. We're rumoured heavily to kick Sunday Night Football off for the second season running with a Manning bowl in Metlife.

Steelers imo. Ideal curtain raiser.

Has to be a home game for us anyway doesn't it mate AFAIK, so no chance it can be the Broncos if that's the case. We're on the road in Mile High this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Has to be a home game for us anyway doesn't it mate AFAIK, so no chance it can be the Broncos if that's the case. We're on the road in Mile High this year.

Yeah, you're right actually. I've grown to expect Broncos v Ravens to be in Baltimore by now to be honest, we must have played there at least three times in a row before the playoffs last year! So..exact rematch it is then. Think that game is circled on the calendar..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Just reading on the combine thread about Hunt,just wondering are there many europeans currently playing in the Nfl?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Just reading on the combine thread about Hunt,just wondering are there many europeans currently playing in the Nfl?

It depeads what you mean Europeans, most of them moved to America very young like Janikowski and Osi Umenyiora

On the Patriots you have Sebastian Vollmer who is German. He moved to Texas in his late teens on a football scholarship.

Zoltan Mesko is Romanian but he moved to the states when he was 2 or 3 years old so i doubt he counts.

Hazys wrote: »
    Zoltan Mesko is Romanian but he moved to the states when he was 2 or 3 years old so i doubt he counts.

Until you enlightened me, I always thought Zoltan was Croatian for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Lawrence Tynes was born in Scotland

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Rochey18 wrote: »
    It depeads what you mean Europeans, most of them moved to America very young like Janikowski and Osi Umenyiora
    I guess guys who would identify themselves as european or similiar to Vollmer who played football in europe.
    He seems to be the main one that sticks out.

Until you enlightened me, I always thought Zoltan was Croatian for some reason.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoltan_Mesko_(American_football)

Definitely Romanian :)

Not European but the Nigerian Nightmare only took up football in College: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Okoye

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭robluvshandegg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_O'Donoghue Lads I never knew a full on Irish guy played in the NFL!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_O'Donoghue Lads I never knew a full on Irish guy played in the NFL!
    Me either, but maybe this is why:
    He is most famous for having missed a game winning kick against the Washington Redskins in the last game of the 1984 season that would have sent his St. Louis Cardinals to the playoffs, and also for missing three field goal attempts in overtime of a Monday Night Football game against the New York Giants during the 1983 season, resulting in a 20-20 tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭robluvshandegg

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Me either, but maybe this is why:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XnXzWWgdYs Found some footage of the aftermath of the 20-20 game. Some have called it the "Worst game ever played". Don't care if he missed a few, its just quality that an Irish guy went to the NFL and survived for a few seasons! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Raiders DE Jack Crawford, drafted last year, was born in London and Giants DT Markus Kuhn, also drafted last year, is from Germany, while Bjorn Werner, perhaps the top DE prospect in this years' draft is also German.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Hazys wrote: »
    Not European but the Nigerian Nightmare only took up football in College: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Okoye

this was hyperlinked on his wiki page, i want an emulator and this game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

That game is free to play online. Have played it many a time when board!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement