Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

The fact that he even tries to put himself in the same category, just makes me laugh and move on quickly.

It's genius on his part tbh. He is starting young and getting his name out there. If he goes on to have a career similar it will be, I've told you all along I was just as good better. If he fails it was I was motivating myself to be like him.

It's edison vs telsa, one had great press and one was a genius

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Arawn wrote: »
    It's genius on his part tbh.

Self promotion is nothing new in the NFL and as they say, empty vessels make the most noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Self promotion is nothing new in the NFL and as they say, empty vessels make the most noise.

He's hardly an empty vessel. Last year Sherman was hugely impressive on probably the best secondary in the NFL. He's been in the league for two seasons and has 12 interceptions a lot of tackles a couple of return TDs

frostie500 wrote: »
    He's hardly an empty vessel. Last year Sherman was hugely impressive on probably the best secondary in the NFL. He's been in the league for two seasons and has 12 interceptions a lot of tackles a couple of return TDs

My quote referred to his blabber mouth and not his on field ability.

Has he got talent? Absolutely yes.

Is he on the level with Revis that he thinks he is? Not even close.

Would I put him in the Patriots secondary in the morning? Fúck yeah!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Revis still has to come back from an ACL tear. They're very different types of CBs, Sherman is the better playmaker, but assuming he comes back from his ACL tear and plays to the same standard, I'd take Revis any day, but Sherman had an amazing year last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Dead spin with a recorded conversation between Buddy Nix and Mark Dominik here, hard to believe they got caught out so bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

This is too good to confine to the NCAA thread. What if WWE's Jim Ross was a football commentator?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

TaosHum wrote: »
    Don't think the Fins would be interested. Traded away a number 1 receiver in Marshall, who still had 3 years left on his contract, for two third rounders last year because of his antics, so I don't see them going after another headache in Harvin.

Also Harvin, has hinted that he intends on holding out if he does not get a new contract. So not only will a team have to part ways with a draft pick for an injury prone player, but they will also need room for cap space, as he will want to get paid.

I'm adamant he is not going for more than a 4th because of his contract situation.

A 1st, 7th and future 3rd. Don't know how you got it into your head that he would go for a 4th max.

It's testament to how good he is that most Vikes fans are disappointed by that outcome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    A 1st, 7th and future 3rd. Don't know how you got it into your head that he would go for a 4th max.

It's testament to how good he is that most Vikes fans are disappointed by that outcome

I was wrong, but I still stand by that he is not worth what the Seahawks gave up considering they had to give up all those picks aswell as paying him $11m per year, for a guy with character concerns and who would have been out of contract after this season. Only reason I can see why they gave that much up is because they feel he is the missing piece to a Superbowl. The fourth round estimate was based on his contract, character concerns and previous deals on players in similar situations. If the Hawk's decided he was that much, then so be it.

If it works out, then fair play, they were right to do it. But if it doesn't and they are saddled with his big contract, then all those picks they gave up hardly seem worth it.

Time will tell.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Not sure if this has been posted before. Flacco being seriously down to earth at the airport.

• Advertisement

^ ^ ^

Despite doing bad things to us, I can't help myself liking the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Also, Random guy in a Munster polo shirt in that video :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Ray Lewis officially joining the ESPN monday night crew.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hopefully he's in the studio so I don't have to listen to him during games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

With Gruden telling us how amazing every player on the field is and Lewis telling us that is because of the great work of God I think an early night on Monday will be very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Find it very strange that rte are reporting about the cardinals electing their new leader

I'll get my coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

With Gruden telling us how amazing every player on the field is and Lewis telling us that is because of the great work of God I think an early night on Monday will be very welcome.

Disaster. To be honest i really like Gruden but i can't stand Lewis. Was hoping it wouldn't be the Monday night games :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Gruden is one of the main reasons i dont watch MNF, I only watched Pats games on MNF.

If Lewis is going to be on MNF also, i may have to skip the Pats' games too :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Also, Random guy in a Munster polo shirt in that video :P
    Sadly I can explain this, he is Irish and works for TMZ...not something to be proud of!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

kmart6 wrote: »
    Sadly I can explain this, he is Irish and works for TMZ...not something to be proud of!

It's you isn't it? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

It's you isn't it? :pac:
    I wish, at least I'd still be over there! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Is Hard Knocks returning this year lads? If so, any mention of who will be featured and when we'll hear more?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Paully D wrote: »
    Is Hard Knocks returning this year lads? If so, any mention of who will be featured and when we'll hear more?

Touch wood it'll be back but have found nothing online to give any hints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Paully D wrote: »

Last year according to wiki;
    On May 29, 2012, Miami Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin announced that the Dolphins would participate in the 2012 season of Hard Knocks.

Could well have another couple of months to wait before we hear anything. Love the show, cant wait for its return, regardless of who it is, who would you like to see? Personally I'd love to see the eagles and how Chip Kelly settles in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Hazys wrote: »
    Gruden is one of the main reasons i dont watch MNF, I only watched Pats games on MNF.

If Lewis is going to be on MNF also, i may have to skip the Pats' games too :mad:

Local comms on gamepass is a blessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Find it very strange that rte are reporting about the cardinals electing their new leader

I'll get my coat.

254596_514295845283775_1939661697_n.png

A much better effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

To be fair, there has to be some question marks over someone so old becoming a team's franchise player. Will he make it through a full season uninjured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Syferus wrote: »
    To be fair, there has to be some question marks over someone so old becoming a team's franchise player. Will he make it through a full season uninjured?

People complaining about a guy in his 70s being drafted to be the face of a franchise...

It's been a year, guys. Leave Brandon Weeden alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Early preview of the Ravens 2013-2014 team picture:

BFUjlaaCIAAwfQU.jpg

• Advertisement

That's brilliant Paully :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement