Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

I don't understand NFL, isn't it dying out yet? It's so boring.

nice productive comment buddy thanks for the input

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

You really must be a particularly stupid kind of Troll, to come into this forum to try and stir. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

NFL is on the rise dude. Deal with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Trolls like that are too stupid to even stay underthe bridge. Back in my day trolls made an effort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

This is Brilliant what Nebraska guys did for this kid:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

I must be having my period or something, because I'm welling up like a little girl watching that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I must be having my period or something, because I'm welling up like a little girl watching that.

My fiancée was in tears watching it.

story behind it??

Arawn wrote: »
    story behind it??

Jack has Brain Cancer Story here:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9142300/jack-hoffman-7-scores-nebraska-cornhuskers-spring-game
    In a game full of talented collegiate football players, a seven-year-old made the biggest play.
    Jack Hoffman, a young brain cancer patient, started hanging around the Nebraska football team last year thanks to a connection with former running back Rex Burkhead

Burkhead then helped start "Team Jack," which became a support system for the child as he went through various surgeries.
    In the spring football game, the squad decided to truly make him part of the team. A play called for Hoffman to get the ball on a 4th-and-1 from the 31-yard line. He took the handoff from starting quarterback Taylor Martinez and ran 69 yards for a touchdown
    After scoring, he was carried off the field by seemingly the entire roster, which cleared both benches to greet him in the end zone.

Hoffman's run was easily the most emotional moment of what was otherwise a normal intrasquad scrimmage. Interestingly, the young running back ended up leading the game in rushing yards.

After the game, the only thing he said about the play was that "it felt awesome."

This single play showed why we love sports, as it brought everyone together for one special moment.

Joe Flaco is to play Johnny Unitas in an upcoming film called "Unitas We Stand"

Some family members like the choice

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158038/article/joe-flacco-will-portray-johnny-unitas-in-upcoming-film

Others less impressed

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158090/article/flacco-is-embarrassing-choice-for-film-says-unitas-grandson

How they passed on Keanu Reeves is beyond me :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Thankfully it's only the under the helmet stuff.

Some of the ads Flacco has done are pretty horrendous.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

547643_440352622711372_61101543_n.jpg

^ ^ ^

Picture should have shown Sherman intercepting the missile with his big mouth, rather than his hands. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

There were videos a few weeks back about Jamarcus Russell and his training in an attempt to make a comeback.

April 10th pro day has been cancelled but he is available for private workouts with teams.

Dropped from 310 to 290 but still has a ways to go yet

Undefeated on Film4 right now. Film4+1 in 40mins if you want to see from the start.

i know its unlikley but is there anywhere to watch grudens qb camp online

bucs willing to give the jets there 1st(13 overall) at least for revis if they can get that plus one or two more picks even in the later rounds they have to take it. theres no way revis resigns with them now there after shooting themselves in the foot i think they have to take what they can get at this stage unless they actually believe the can compete this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

nerd69 wrote: »
    i know its unlikley but is there anywhere to watch grudens qb camp online

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Does anyone know if they'll be showing Gruden's QB camp on ESPN America? I remember seeing one or two last year, but can't find anything to suggest it'll be showing here this time. While I can live without Chucky's incessant love for every participant, I do find it interesting to see how the QBs come across!

• Advertisement

deise_boi wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they'll be showing Gruden's QB camp on ESPN America? I remember seeing one or two last year, but can't find anything to suggest it'll be showing here this time. While I can live without Chucky's incessant love for every participant, I do find it interesting to see how the QBs come across!

Yea they should be. I'm keeping my eyes peeled

Ex-Bears WR Sam Hurd is nearing a plea deal in his federal drug trial.

"A plea of guilty is in the works," Hurd's attorney said. Hurd's trial is currently set to begin Monday in Dallas. Were Hurd to actually go to trial and get convicted, he'd be facing 10 years to life in prison, as well as a $10 million fine. Hurd turns 28 in two weeks.

desean jacksons punt return vs the giants a few years back gets voted the greatest play of all time on nfl network must say im pretty shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

David Tyree against the Pats in Superbowl for me. Not only because of the catch but Eli escaping the sack alone was awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

David Tyree against the Pats in Superbowl for me. Not only because of the catch but Eli escaping the sack alone was awesome.

Probably one of the luckiest plays in NFL history.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

True there are many technically better plays but from a fans perspective it doesn't get much better than that.

nerd69 wrote: »
    desean jacksons punt return vs the giants a few years back gets voted the greatest play of all time on nfl network must say im pretty shocked

I share your shock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

mongoman wrote: »
    Probably one of the luckiest plays in NFL history.

Most of the big plays have an element of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

Most of the big plays have an element of luck.

An element maybe, but that entire play was complete luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement