Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

I wish Manning wasn't so damn likeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

The catch in 2007 was a perfect example of a teams destiny, it was just meant to be. Like the Ravens this year, I posted in the Ravens thread that I thought it was gonna be their year when they got to the playoffs and it was. I'm a real big believer in sporting destiny. Sometimes teams can shape their own, but quite often it just seems to find them.

I wish Manning wasn't so damn likeable.

I agree, he's just too much of a unassuming, likeable bástard. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

mongoman wrote: »
    An element maybe, but that entire play was complete luck.

That's a stupid statement. There was an element of luck but Eli kept the play alive. Kept moving to try and lose the rushers and then the OLine decide to do their job and give Eli some help. He looks down the field and throws it directly towards Tyree. It's a rushed pass but its a damn fine one in the situation. Tyree brought the pass down with a good chunk of luck but it was a great effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

That's a stupid statement

Don't be ridiculous, it was a blessed play. It had luck written all over it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Your saying it was complete luck . It's not. To suggest it is, is silly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

How was it all luck? As a Pats fan Eli Manning showed us back then why he was dangerous and why we should never have under estimated him.What he did in the pocket to escape the sack he still does today on many occasions and did so in his 2nd shot in the Super bowl which he won also. Sure the Catch by Tyree had luck written all over it but the delivery was a good delivery.

It was a miracle escape and a lucky catch. That's my view on it and the more I watch it the luckier it gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

It was a miracle escape and a lucky catch. That's my view on it and the more I watch it the luckier it gets.

:pac:

Oh come on. Eli Manning has been escaping folk in the pocket like that ever since. In fact it is the one thing that separates him from his brother when they talk about what one can do and the other can't. Eli has proven on more than one occasion since 2007 that he can be very nimble in the pocket under pressure.

When I first saw it as a Pats fan I thought to myself jammy bastard but the more you look at that play and how Eli has gotten the Giants out of scrapes and won them another bowl you can see it wasn't just pure luck or a miracle.

• Advertisement

TO. wrote: »
    Oh come on.

Oh come on what? Oh come on change my opinion? Sorry, it was a lucky play and that's how I see it. At the end of the day I'm a 49er's fan, so as a nuetral I don't particularly give a crap who did or didn't win that superbowl.

Oh come on what? Oh come on change my opinion? Sorry, it was a lucky play and that's how I see it. At the end of the day I'm a 49er's fan, so as a nuetral I don't particularly give a crap who did or didn't win that superbowl.

How can you say that's 100% luck? How many other QB's would've evaded the linemen like that? There's an element of luck there but it's mostly Eli being quick on his toes in the pocket.

Saying Manning getting the pass off was a miracle is ridiculous at best opinion or not. Sure you might see it that way but you are wrong and to be honest and the majority would agree that Manning deserves the plaudits for the pass. As I said Tyree's catch was somewhat lucky but writing the whole play off as luck and using the word miracle is madness.

Also I am not here to change your opinion, nowhere did I say you had to or I was trying to make you. The "come on" thing is nothing more than a smart response just like "come on man" or 'Eh" or any of those that make do a double take on what someone said. But hey good man for making it something it wasn't.

Remember this vid?

Turns out Danny Amendola's Dad was one of the coaches who got run over by the cart and he is now suing the Cowboys. How awkward would that have been if the Cowboys had have signed Danny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Was Manti Teo'o's girlfriend driving the cart?

Suing for a million dollars. Ffs. :rolleyes:

Hazys wrote: »
    Was Manti Teo'o's girlfriend driving the cart?

:D

Suing for a million dollars. Ffs. :rolleyes:

Did you see what he is claiming for.
    Amendola’s suit claims personal injury to Amendola, as well as ‘great personal anguish and embarrassment’ to Amendola and his wife with the media attention the incident received.

The way of the world these days suing for way too much and for stupid reasons. He should have just asked for hospital bills to be paid for and a few grand to sweeten the deal. Madness he wants a 1m. I bet he wins also.

The way of the world these days suing for way too much and for stupid reasons. He should have just asked for hospital bills to be paid for and a few grand to sweeten the deal. Madness he wants a 1m. I bet he wins also.

Actually, I think I might need to file a claim myself, because I just had a bad dream about a runaway golf buggy. Which clearly indicates I must have suffered some sort of subconscious trauma, from watching that clip earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

deisedude wrote: »
    Have you seen the video of this Norwegian kicker and his unreal skills. Based on this video he was offered a trial at the circus/Jets

Lions have signed this fellow, Harvard Rugland. He will be competeing against David Akers for a spot on the team for the new season.
    Should be interesting to see if he'll be good enough to make the 53-man roster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Seems like he'd be a better punter. He'll need huge improvement on his run up for field goals.

If we're allowed sue for embarrassment, I should take Sam McCauley's Pharmacy to the cleaners for an incident involving them displaying home ovulation tests right beside home pregnancy tests when I was attempting to purchase the latter.

I'll NEVER live that down, the bastards.

If we're allowed sue for embarrassment, I should take Sam McCauley's Pharmacy to the cleaners for an incident involving them displaying home ovulation tests right beside home pregnancy tests when I was attempting to purchase the latter.

I'll NEVER live that down, the bastards.

And here you are on here telling us the same story. Yup defo never going to live that down now :D:D

O.K. I just seen something very strange. I was flicking around the channels moments ago and I swore I just saw Ocho taking part in a Pro Bull Riders 2013 competition :eek:. It was on the extreme sports channel (number 419 if you have Sky). He was competing under his real name - Chad Johnson.

O.K. I just seen something very strange. I was flicking around the channels moments ago and I swore I just saw Ocho taking part in a Pro Bull Riders 2013 competition :eek:. It was on the extreme sports channel (number 419 if you have Sky). He was competing under his real name - Chad Johnson.

Oddly enough he started back in 2011. He talks about it every now and again on his twitter. And isn't he actually back to being Chad Johnson again? Once the Pats dumped him he became Chad Johnson again as far as I know.

Oddly enough he started back in 2011. He talks about it every now and again on his twitter. And isn't he actually back to being Chad Johnson again? Once the Pats dumped him he became Chad Johnson again as far as I know.

Jaysus, I never knew he was involved in bull riding at all until tonight. Ya, he formally changed the name back after he left the Pats alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Seems like he'd be a better punter. He'll need huge improvement on his run up for field goals.

The run up is about the hardest thing about kicking in Football. The ball simply is not there until you start swinging your leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Just watching baseball on ESPN America and they are taking the coverage from FOX....heard the jingle and can't wait for the season to get going now, has me excited even though it's months away!!

You're all gonna hate me for this.

Miss football?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

You're all gonna hate me for this.

Miss football?

Loved Red Zone up until then, but that night was when I was really glad I had shelled out for Game Pass. What a great service it is for us fans.

Hard to believe that gameweek was 6 months ago mind, hopefully the 145 days until the NFL 2013 opener will go just as fast!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement