Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

DDC1990 wrote: »
    In more important news:

More important to whom confused.png

16 Games - every 4th game would be followed by a two week rest period. This would give teams two weeks to rest and recuperate banged up players. At the same time you are extending the season by an extra month without exposing players to increased games. In fact with such regular rest periods fitted in, I reckon you are going to increase the performance potential of every team straight away.

I really like that suggestion you made. Makes a lot of sense, unfortunately the NFL doesn't often do sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

I love BJ Coleman. For the record, I think he'll be the next big backup to step in for a game or two, look great, and get a trade somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

mongoman wrote: »
    More important to whom confused.png
    Its a joke, don't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

26 games would be crazy, I only mentioned it in jest. But my serious suggestion earlier, talked about keeping a 16 game season and stretching the season out by an extra month

Agree with that. It'd improve the safety aspect of things certainly.

Also find it hard to keep up/see all the games each week or he highlights.. less games per week or extra time would help out! Have Sky but not gamepass so get to see Packers most weeks via laptop or Sky Sports, Thurs nyt game and Monday night.. and then Redzone the rest. Any other highlights package available outside of Gamepass or would that be the best option?

Hard to suggest anything other than gamepass to be honest. It's fantastic. The condensed games feature makes it so easy to catch up on what you might have missed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

I love BJ Coleman. For the record, I think he'll be the next big backup to step in for a game or two, look great, and get a trade somewhere.

When I look at the Packers QB situation I think to myself they have a solid trio on there. I actually think Graham Harrell would fit in very well if Rodgers goes down. Big fan of Harrell. I also agree with you on Coleman like Harrell they have a future in the game. If they sit patiently behind Rodgers for a couple more seasons both of them will see their stock rise as a backup or a decent trade as a starter elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

nerd69 wrote: »
    Just watched Luke j on grudens qb camp pretty sure he's gna be a pro bowl player a lot of his career can't emphasise how impressive he was

I can't emphasise how ****ty it is that you didn't provide a link!

I've only seen 1 full QB camp this year, and that was Geno, where the feck are they???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

nerd69 wrote: »
    Just watched Luke j on grudens qb camp pretty sure he's gna be a pro bowl player a lot of his career can't emphasise how impressive he was

Only saw some of it, but Gruden was blown away by his game tape. He couldn't find anything wrong. "You could block out the sun, couldn't you?" was one of his quotes.

FWIW Joeckel seems like a very level-headed, well-rounded kid.

davyjose wrote: »
    Only saw some of it, but Gruden was blown away by his game tape. He couldn't find anything wrong. "You could block out the sun, couldn't you?" was one of his quotes.

FWIW Joeckel seems like a very level-headed, well-rounded kid.

Gruden is blown away by just about everyone. Guy can't say anything bad about people. Joeckel will be a star though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

TO. wrote: »
    Gruden is blown away by just about everyone. Guy can't say anything bad about people. Joeckel will be a star though.

He's definitely not afraid to call a few guys out. He did so with Luck last year. He might do it with a smile, but pretty much everyone on that show gets their tape scrutinised for mistakes.

Joeckel's was just a love-in.

• Advertisement

davyjose wrote: »
    He's definitely not afraid to call a few guys out. He did so with Luck last year. He might do it with a smile, but pretty much everyone on that show gets their tape scrutinised for mistakes.

Joeckel's was just a love-in.

Yeah I know he does that with every player and always picks the odd play or two and picks on them but again hardly over critical or proper scrutiny. More of a tut tut kind of moment. I like Gruden's QB camps but I like them because they give you a good insight into the player and Gruden goes through some very good points.

But there is not one Coach or Scout that will ever look at those tapes and changes his mind over what Gruden has said to them. Every one knows he is the nice guy and that scrutiny is soft compared to what is ahead of the players.

I would rather see a non happy go lucky coach do vids like that who picks apart everything about the player and see how the player responds to it. A coach who is not afraid to get down to the nitty gritty and ask the questions about their game others wont. But lets face it none of the players would ever agree to an autopsy of their game like that before the Draft.

I guess it is the coach in me that would rather see a more in depth break down of the players game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Gronkastic

26 games would be crazy, I only mentioned it in jest. But my serious suggestion earlier, talked about keeping a 16 game season and stretching the season out by an extra month

And wouldn't it make such a difference having that extra month of football.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    BJ Raji...BJ Colman...

They suck...

Ahem...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

A fierce rivalry was cast aside last night, when New York Yankee fans decided to sing 'Sweet Caroline'. Which is the anthem of their great rivals, the Boston Red Soxs. I thought it was a nice show of solidarity after the recent bombings in Boston.

5NXeqP.jpg

3udGNc0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I can't emphasise how ****ty it is that you didn't provide a link!

I've only seen 1 full QB camp this year, and that was Geno, where the feck are they???
    it was only the short 6 min long thing i cant get a link to them either it was much easier last year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

it was like 3 on youtube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I have the same phone as Andrew Luck! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Schedule released in a couple of hours! Fantastic...gotta start booking Mondays and a few Tuesdays off work!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Starting a new job as manager....my sunday night games are safe :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

So due to the way the games are set up.
    the only West Coast game after Titans @ Hawks is the Chargers...

However.. the following week in Metlife its Pats @ Jets on the sunday and then on the Monday its Vikes @ Giants also in Metlife

My wife is going to kill me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

So due to the way the games are set up.
    the only West Coast game after Titans @ Hawks is the Chargers...

However.. the following week in Metlife its Pats @ Jets on the sunday and then on the Monday its Vikes @ Giants also in Metlife

My wife is going to kill me

DO IT.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

SantryRed wrote: »
    DO IT.

I'm already looking at flights!

Fly to seattle on the thusday.
    Chill out for a couple of days...
    Go see game
    Do some road tripping and add in a stop in Vegas for a couple of days
    Fly to NYC

Patriots@ Jets
    Hooters
    Vikes @ Giants
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

SantryRed wrote: »
    DO IT.

You'll have to factor some college games too don't forget.

adrian522 wrote: »
    You'll have to factor some college games too don't forget.

Yep aim will be to pick one of those up somewhere along the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Yep aim will be to pick one of those up somewhere along the way

Rutgers on the Saturday night in NY. I did that 5 years ago, Rutgers on the Thursday night, then Giants on the Sunday. Was great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Go see game
    Fly to NYC

Patriots@ Jets
    Hooters
    Vikes @ Giants

Go see game
    Fly to NYC

Patriots@ Jets
    Hooters
    Vikes @ Giants

Heli, just to let you know. I cannot sustain the impact your posts are having on my wallet. :(

* puts head through new monitor *

You should see the costs of the travel Corvus, i wont be leaving Dublin for a long time when i get back!

My other option is to go to Tennessee the following week to see the 9'ers game however the wife is not so much for that..

I will be putting some serious planning in over the weekend on it, tickets for games dont go on sale til mid-july :(

• Advertisement

You should see the costs of the travel Corvus, i wont be leaving Dublin for a long time when i get back!..

I was going to get out my violin and start playing it for you. But I just realised I broke it over my head earlier.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement