Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Suh is not even the best DT on his own team, never mind the best in the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

A little quirk of today's game: The 2012 Mr. Irrelevant completed a pass to the 2013 Mr. Irrelevant. Chandler Harnish to Justice Cunningham.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

FYI I'm a fan of the

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReHx0uFj3rJnQ_qDOGGOGygzYvipKds75eDOgb-sT0Iq8NwX6CBw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Clowney is the best DE in the world in my opinion Ware was considered though

Jaysis. Has a whole college season to play before going into the NFL and then a rookie year.

• Advertisement

Jaysis. Has a whole college season to play before going into the NFL and then a rookie year.
    Watch this space

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

youtube highlights, influencing peoples opinions since 2006

Hope to see plenty more of this in the Reg Season

NFL Banned custom facemasks.
    Link
    I liked them, added some character to some of the players. And a bit of extra recognition for them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Watch this space

The space we're watching isn't the same space that'll be there in 4 or 5 years though. Stepping up from college to the pros is huge. It's like going from League 1 to the Premier league. Especially if you're a lineman. This guy is playing against people who'll be accountants and computer programmers 2 years from now.

• Advertisement

Did anyone else see the Sanu to Green pass for a 73 yard TD for the Bengals against the Redskins in week 3? On the first play of the game too!

Also Daltons first pass was a pick 6 where the Redskins defender caught the ball in the Bengals end zone!

I've also figured out how to stop the zone read! You just need the Bengals defensive line playing to a very high standard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Did anyone else see the Sanu to Green pass for a 73 yard TD for the Bengals against the Redskins in week 3? On the first play of the game too!

Also Daltons first pass was a pick 6 where the Redskins defender caught the ball in the Bengals end zone!

I've also figured out how to stop the zone read! You just need the Bengals defensive line playing to a very high standard!

Seems like a random post to me.......was it on hard knocks this week?

It was more because of poor defense than anything else, Sanu is the bengals option QB, the Redskins were defending against the run/screen.

The Bengals have a good shot this year, Eifert has been remarkable in the practices I've been to, and it's a well known fact that James Harrison now wants to break anyone wearing a Steelers jersey (which is a good way to win popularity in Cincinnati.)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Mad to think there is a grand total of 17 Rugers alumni members on both the Buccs and the Pats teams right now. They had a big barbecue after practice at Gillette yesterday and posed for the family photo beforehand.

82HvQY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Thats pretty amazing. Where would the next biggest group if alumni hail from?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ray Lewis' house is for sale for $1.1m if anyone wants to buy it? :) Pictures below:

http://www.estately.com/listings/info/3-foxcreek-court

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Paully D wrote: »
    Ray Lewis' house is for sale for $1.1m if anyone wants to buy it? :) Pictures below:

http://www.estately.com/listings/info/3-foxcreek-court

That is one ugly house for 1.1m!

That is one ugly house for 1.1m!

Saying it's ugly actually does it justice. :eek:

Seems like a random post to me.......was it on hard knocks this week?

It was more because of poor defense than anything else, Sanu is the bengals option QB, the Redskins were defending against the run/screen.

The Bengals have a good shot this year, Eifert has been remarkable in the practices I've been to, and it's a well known fact that James Harrison now wants to break anyone wearing a Steelers jersey (which is a good way to win popularity in Cincinnati.)
    Nah I'm just watching some games from last year I didn't see first time around!

Saints / Panthers from week 17 at the moment! Jimmy Graham isn't in the top 100 players my arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Saints / Panthers from week 17 at the moment! Jimmy Graham isn't in the top 100 players my arse!

Best TE in football imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Tristram wrote: »
    Best TE in football imo.

Tight call between a fit Graham or Gronk, I'd probably plump for Graham as well. Think the pair are head and shoulders the best in the game at the moment (no disrespect to Tony Gonzalez)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Well TG is in the league 17 years so I'm not shocked two lads 14 years younger are above him tbh.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Are you only considering TE's in terms of receiving or in terms of run blocking/pass blocking as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

adrian522 wrote: »
    Are you only considering TE's in terms of receiving or in terms of run blocking/pass blocking as well?

Grahams blocking is a bit underrated to be honest. There's a consensus that he can't block, when he can. Not as good as Gronk obviously. There's very little between them overall imo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Gronk has to prove his health. Until then Graham has to be considered the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Saw this in another forum and thought it was a pretty cool throwback...could you imagine this happening in today's NFL!

The Time Matt Millen Punched The Patriots' General Manager In The Head

ku-xlarge.jpg
    This is the last time Matt Millen "hit" on something

http://deadspin.com/5901978/the-time-matt-millen-punched-patriots-general-manager-pat-sullivan-in-the-head

RE: Grahan & Gronk.....

5QfaEr.jpg

6dsxxp.jpg

Gronk has played in 3 less games, scored 13 more TD’s despite been targeted less. He has a much superior reception success rate, averages nearly 2 yards more per reception and he has fumbled the ball less. And on top of all that, he’s a much superior blocker than Graham. Graham has 10 more receiving first downs and that’s it.

That said, they are undoubtedly two fantastic players, but will either last as long as the great Tony Gonzalez? Personally I can't see it and I'm more worried about Gronk right now. 5 surgeries in the off-season is not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Gronks stats win out but worth remembering that Graham only played football for 1 year in college, he's had a much harder progression to make and is probably at least a year behind Gronk in maximising their potential

As long as this man is back fully fit for the 1st reg season game. I'll be happy

Jason-Pierre-Paul.jpg

As long as this man is back fully fit for the 1st reg season game. I'll be happy

It would be great but doubtful. Think he'll be bit part player for the 1st few weeks

• Advertisement

It's crazy how young the Gronk is. If he stays fit he will surely rival TG's career. Interesting stat on TG is that he has only fumbled the ball 6 times in 1242 receptions :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement