Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

mikemac1 wrote: »
    The Norweigian YouTube sensation is available

Get him in!

The Packers have already worked him out as they are not sold on Mason Crosby. He looked good in pre-season so I'd say someone will pick him up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Not the NFL, but awesome all the same.
    A&M Consolidated High School was down 41-38 to Copperas Cove HS with one second remaining. All they needed to do was make some sort of stop on the kickoff. What happened? They ended up doing this weird train dance, attempted an onside kick for some reason, then somehow managed to not lay a finger on a single ballcarrier (we counted two of em’.) What we also counted, was the nearly 40 seconds it took for the play to resolve, whereby A&M broke it up the sideline and, to quote the guy with the camera, “Oh my God.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Final cuts complete and three teams have four QB's on their 53

Redskins, Jets, Raiders

Just a bit unusual.

Surely there must be moves to come yet

Unusual nowadays alright. Once upon a time, the Pats had a 4th string QB called Tom Brady and the rest as they say is history.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Pat White made the team :o

Also Jets could have 40 qbs and they still wouldn know what to do with em

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

last football free Sunday until February, Boom :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Cleveland have also decided on their kicking battle, and cut both kickers :P

Well the Raiders are carrying two punters :pac:

Final cuts complete and three teams have four QB's on their 53

Redskins, Jets, Raiders

Just a bit unusual.

Surely there must be moves to come yet

Redskins aside, the old saying applies.

"When you have 4 quarterbacks, you don't have 1."

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

last football free Sunday until February, Boom :)

This time next week Red Zone will be in full swing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Where's the best place to buy NFL gear online? Looking at hoodies, t shirts etc, the jerseys aren't the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Where's the best place to buy NFL gear online? Looking at hoodies, t shirts etc, the jerseys aren't the best.

I like here, but you'd want to be buying a few things together for the shipping charge. I bought some nike made Bears hoodies from there last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Jets signed Brady Quinn apparently!

Pretty sure I suggested they should do this last year and then set up a QB boyband!

taidghbaby wrote: »

Pretty sure I suggested they should do this last year and then set up a QB boyband!

Cut Tim Tebow. He's not good enough.

Sign Brady Quinn whose most notable NFL achievement is being Tim Tebow's backup.

Jets™

taidghbaby wrote: »

Err Geno Smith, Mark Sanchez, Graham Harrell, Matt Simms & Brady Quinn.

I know we were joking when they had Smith, Sanchez, Garrard, McElroy & Simms early in the year but this is mental. They must be planning to dump Sanchez this week

Harrell was cut for Quinn

Arawn wrote: »
    Harrell was cut for Quinn

Just saw that. massive upgrade to be fair :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

I seen Brady Quinn against the Colts last year! It wasn't pretty!

HigginsJ wrote: »
    They must be planning to dump Sanchez this week

Too much dead money if they cut Sanchez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Yes, dead money of 8.25 million if released

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Tebows NFL career isn't looking good. Not one team seems to have shown any interest in him. And according to NFL.com he wants to play QB and isn't interested in going to Canada. Does that not show a bit of arrogance and an Ego ? It's obvious he isn't a NFL quality QB.

In other news nobody cares about. I have a dog who thinks it's a wolf but it's just a dopey dog

• Advertisement

I'm wondering did Tebow get into our boards Top 100

I'm pretty sure he was in there last year

There is always one troll :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Tebows NFL career isn't looking good. Not one team seems to have shown any interest in him. And according to NFL.com he wants to play QB and isn't interested in going to Canada. Does that not show a bit of arrogance and an Ego ? It's obvious he isn't a NFL quality QB.

Isn't there a contractual issue regarding him playing in Canada? Open to correction on this but something along the lines that due to some complex arrangements with the nfl, the Montreal alouettes have a kind of gateway right over Tebow, so that if he plays there he can only play for them, and they aren't interested.

I remember it came up when Tebow expressed interest in going to the bears, as trestman was behind the Montreal deal and had dealings with Tebow in the past. The bears, needless to say, didn't want him either. Feel bad for him but many players more talented than him gave had shorter, lower profile and less lucrative careers and with less potential for future earnings and publicity for life after football. So TS for TT.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

From Peter King's interview with JJ Watt:

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/04/jj-watt-unplugged/
    Ireland

“I went to Ireland with my best friend for 10 days this offseason. What was weird was maybe 15 or 20 people recognized me. Once, we’re in Dublin, and we were just walking down the street and somebody looked at me and I was just dressed like a normal person. That was the goal for Ireland, to just go somewhere where nobody knew who I was. Somebody came up to me and was like, ‘Do you play football?’ So I said, ‘Maybe.’ And he said, ‘You’re JJ Watt, aren’t you?’ I said, ‘How do you know that?’ He said, ‘I love football. I wake up and watch it every weekend.’ This is cool. It’s so crazy to see the game growing. But, the best part of Ireland was relaxing. It was the whole trip—being able to just sit back and look at the scenery and enjoy it.’’

24hours people

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Otto Skadelig

Probably been posted elsewhere, but Sky Sports 4 are replaying Super Bowl XLVII at 3. Nice warm up for tonight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Old news at this stage but they belong under wacky. Possibly weird too

sillaydonkay.gif

jacobyWOOPS_medium.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

• Advertisement

This is a fantastic article chronicling the last 18 months of the New York Jets. The article title sums it up, but it's pretty damn funny.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9638428/the-new-york-jets-nfl-hell

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement