Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Peterson's first play of the season

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Funnily enough the Lions did really well against the run after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Suh up to his usual tricks I see. I'd be surprised if he gets away without a ban at this stage.

newsuh.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

already said he's facing action didnt they

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Suh up to his usual tricks I see. I'd be surprised if he gets away without a ban at this stage.

is it irony that I find it amusing you were the one arguing most about legitimacy of the cut block in the Niners/Vikings game! ;)

• Advertisement

bruschi wrote: »
    is it irony that I find it amusing you were the one arguing most about legitimacy of the cut block in the Niners/Vikings game! ;)

It wasn't a cut block. ;)

While on the subject of dangerous blocks, this has to be one of the most wtf plays I have seen in a long time. Rookie David Decastro manages to take out his team-mate Maurkice Pounce for the season.

pouncey_medium.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I watched it live, it was ridiculous theres no need for De Castro to be near there and even if there was he's not paying attention to the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

While on the subject of dangerous blocks, this has to be one of the most wtf plays I have seen in a long time. Rookie David Decastro manages to take out his team-mate Maurkice Pounce for the season.

pouncey_medium.gif

Jeez he should be up before the commission - if he did it to an opponent there be war!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

DeCastro is not a rookie ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

It wasn't a cut block. ;)

6hUUZw.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Chad Johnson tweeting he wishes to join Baltimore

271005.jpg

Nay!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Jeez he should be up before the commission - if he did it to an opponent there be war!!!

It looks clearly intentional there. But why would he do that to his own team mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

No photoshop...this is how Chip Kelly was calling plays from the sidelines

a96b387a19c111e383d722000a1f99fc_7.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

That is quality!

Lads a couple of questions.

I was highlights yesterday evening (forget which game)

They had a 4 WR set and a RB in the backfield, the commentator said they only had 4 eligible receivers, but surely the RB is eligible or am I missing something? I remember a while ago i watched some documentary and it may have been something to do with making sure one of the o-line didnt run deep the catch the ball?

Also how important do you think TOP is? I know the Titans are really focusing on it with their view being if you don't give the other offense the ball they cant score, it keeps your D fresher so that they when they do get on the field they are in better condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

That is quality!

Lads a couple of questions.

I was highlights yesterday evening (forget which game)

They had a 4 WR set and a RB in the backfield, the commentator said they only had 4 eligible receivers, but surely the RB is eligible or am I missing something? I remember a while ago i watched some documentary and it may have been something to do with making sure one of the o-line didnt run deep the catch the ball?

Also how important do you think TOP is? I know the Titans are really focusing on it with their view being if you don't give the other offense the ball they cant score, it keeps your D fresher so that they when they do get on the field they are in better condition.

The Running back is always an eligible receiver.

I cant really answer your question definitively without seeing the formation but one has to assume that it was a 3 WR 1 TE set with the TE covered on the line of scrimmage.

If hes covered then he is not an eligible receiver and it would mean that the 3 WR's and the RB were the 4 eligible receivers.

OR possibly the commentator made a mistake :cool:

As for TOP it is and always has been very important. Wear out the opponents defense and keep your defense fresh. Its self explanatory to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

D3PO wrote: »

If hes covered then he is not an eligible receiver and it would mean that the 3 WR's and the RB were the 4 eligible receivers.

The key to this is if they have more than 7 guys on the line the scrimmage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Reports indicate that Mark Sanchez's season is over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Jets will probably resign Tebow now, to remove the tiny bit of stability they now have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Simms and Quinn must be delighted.

• Advertisement

Could Miami have been the team that were trying to get Tebow to play a different position?......they are pretty light at TE and RB

Actually surprised that they haven't looked at Willis McGahee after last week's complete lack of a run game.

So is it time for concern yet with the Patriots........they may be 2-0, but they've just scrapped by two of the weaker teams they'll face this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Where?

Sanchez has said he's fine i think i read. Could be interesting.

Re the patriots. Doesn't matter what you win by as long as you win

Sanchez has said that he plans to try and rehab without surgery to try and be back by the end of the season.......

But that also brings up the question of why you would risk rushing back from an injury for the sake of a team that will most likely leave you on the bench and is expected to cut you after this season anyway.

Sanchez has said that he plans to try and rehab without surgery to try and be back by the end of the season.......

But that also brings up the question of why you would risk rushing back from an injury for the sake of a team that will most likely leave you on the bench and is expected to cut you after this season anyway.

he needs to play good to get money from another team

Arawn wrote: »
    he needs to play good to get money from another team

But it's pretty clear that he won't play.......I can understand trying to get back from an injury to impress potential teams......but I don't understand rushing back to sit on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Think its a case of rehabbing the shoulder to be in good shape for next season rather than having surgery and being 'damaged goods' as Neil Reynolds called it because teams are wary of his shoulder going into the next season and less likely to pick him up.

Some will say his performances warranted enough for him to be called damaged goods already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ever wondered what the most common score in the NFL is (probably not :pac:)?

http://www.sportingcharts.com/articles/nfl/what-is-the-most-common-score-in-the-nfl.aspx

23-20.
    A total of 57 games or 2.14% of the 2,668 games played from 2002-2011 have ended in a score of 23-20 making it the most common game score.

This score is most commonly reached when the winning team scores a two touchdowns (14 points) and three field goals (9 points) while the losing team scores two touchdowns (14 points) and two field goals (6 points).

Interestingly enough, no Superbowl game has ever finished with this score.

14035828b87cedbc86483fca1f3d34f1.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement