Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

bruschi wrote: »

what the rule should be there to prevent is tackles where the players launch themselves at the player with their helmet and make no effort to wrap their arms or take a person at torso level, much like Meriwether did when he was at the Pats. The amount of hits he made helmet to helmet was ridiculous and outright dangerous. Like this one here:

thats deserving of a fine, Bostiks one was so far from being like that they will ruin things if they fine for legitimate hits like that.

Meriweather strikes again.

lacey.gif

anothe cheap head shot where he dives full force at an opponents head. scummy player. am glad he is no longer in New England.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Somebody get a gif of the scumbag knocking himself out later in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Enjoy the karma.

MeriweatherOut_original.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Enjoy the karma.

MeriweatherOut_original.gif

Karma indeed and long overdue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Has he been fined yet?? I still amazed he wasn't called on either cheap shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Seattle broke the world record for loudest stadium. Was done last night on SNF
    The fan group attempting to set a Guinness World Records mark for loudest stadium says it has established a record during Sunday night's game between the Seattle Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers.

The decibel reading taken during a sack of San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick in the first quarter — following a one hour weather delay — was 131.9 decibels.

The crowd later bested the mark with a reading of 136.6 decibels after a third quarter interception.

The previous record for "loudest crowd roar at a sports stadium," was 131.76 decibels, set in 2011 in Turkey at the Ali Sami Yen Sport Complex Turk Telekom Arena during a soccer match between Galatasaray SC and Fenerbahce.
    http://www.kimatv.com/sports/12th-Man-sets-world-record-for-loudest-stadium-ever-223861921.html

130 decibals is the equivalent to standing beside a jet taking off from an aircraft carrier.

You could see Kaepernick last night using hand signals and I recall two timeouts being burned late in the game. The 12th man has an effect for sure

Heli, you're in for some time when you get there!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

mikemac1 wrote: »

Heli, you're in for some time when you get there!

Yep cant wait for it tbh,however given what the hawks did to the 9'ers i fear for the Titans!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

BUPSqf5IUAA9VNM.jpg

Unreal Picture from Last Night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Slow start for my Giants. Things just aren't going right for us. Wilson is giving up the ball up like a hot potato, Manning throwing ridiculous interceptions. Sunday is an important game against the Panthers who are also 0-2. Neither side can afford to lose 3 on the bounce at the start of the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

bruschi wrote: »
    Meriweather strikes again.

lacey.gif

I see he just got fined $42,000 Dollars for that hit. Considering his history of such hits, I'm amazed he escaped a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Just saw this on Twitter, I wonder who they're after
    Screenshot2013-09-18at225404.png

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Mother of God!
    Colts traded for Trent Richardson!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

phatkev wrote: »
    Just saw this on Twitter, I wonder who they're after
    Screenshot2013-09-18at225404.png

He is making a habit of this isn't he. Posted something similar last year (maybe it was Vontae Davis but can't remember)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

The Bogman wrote: »
    Mother of God!
    Colts traded for Trent Richardson!

I thought this was a joke fecking hell can't understand that from the browns surly its a late first there getting and Richardson looks **** hot to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

It would appear that the Jags and the Browns are going for an old style arms race at getting Teddy Bridgewater!!

What do the jags do now? Trade MJD!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Wow. First they don't use Richardson enough and then they trade him away. For a selection less than what they got him for last year most likely. They must really like being unsuccessful.

Crazy enough trade. That's one serious looking offence the Colts have now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Wow. First they don't use Richardson enough and then they trade him away. For a selection less than what they got him for last year most likely. They must really like being unsuccessful.

Crazy enough trade. That's one serious looking offence the Colts have now.

With no interior o-line, and no TE's though!!

Good move by the Browns tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

3.5 yards per carry and seems to have injury problems. It's not THAT shocking. Obviously it seems stupid because Richardson was hyped coming into the NFL and was selected 3rd but he hasn't delivered. I think its a bad move but not as horrifying as some will make it out to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Browns giving up on 2013 already it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

They did what??? Browns fans will have a sh*tfit no pun intended.

Good move by the Browns tbh.
    3.5 yards per carry and seems to have injury problems. It's not THAT shocking. Obviously it seems stupid because Richardson was hyped coming into the NFL and was selected 3rd but he hasn't delivered. I think its a bad move but not as horrifying as some will make it out to be.

He was the Browns best offensive player. All off-season we heard about how the Browns planned on giving him 350 touches this year.

Scored 12 TD's last year, a true 3 down back. I think it's an awful move by the Browns (yes I a huge T-Rich fan so could be bias)

Also nice of the Browns to give Brian Hoyer lots of help on debut!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

WOW, Irsay lives up to all his talk on twitter and actually pulls off a huge trade. If I'm honest I think its a bold move but I really like it, Richardson added to that offence with Luck calling the shots has massive potential. I think Richardson was judged unfairly on his efforts last season as he was struggling with injuries and teams loading the box against him, he should have much more freedom with the Colts.

Prisco isn't a fan http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/23719714/colts-trade-for-richardson-is-a-bold-but-bad-move

HigginsJ wrote: »
    He was the Browns best offensive player. All off-season we heard about how the Browns planned on giving him 350 touches this year.

Scored 12 TD's last year, a true 3 down back. I think it's an awful move by the Browns (yes I a huge T-Rich fan so could be bias)

At the end of the day a running back isn't an important position. When you have far more holes to fill then getting a first rounder for a running back is a good deal I think. 3.5 yard per carry so far in his career is pretty poor as well. He is stilly very young though.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

Willis McGahee passed a fitness test with the Browns too today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

What?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Browns are clearly going to try and start from absolute scratch next year, they've a rake of pick and will be able to move up for any QB they want so Bridgewater, Boyd or maybe even Hundley.

Looks like they'll be armed with 2 1st rounders, a 2nd, 2 3rds and 2 4ths for next years draft.

Browns are clearly going to try and start from absolute scratch next year, they've a rake of pick and will be able to move up for any QB they want so Bridgewater, Boyd or maybe even Hundley.

Looks like they'll be armed with 2 1st rounders, a 2nd, 2 3rds and 2 4ths for next years draft.

Only slight issue is that Lombardi is running the draft & he has a slightly patchy record (to say the least)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Didn't the Browns trade up for Richardson too?

EDIT: They sure did :pac:

Traded their 1st, 4th, 5th and 7th that year to move up one spot. What a joke of an organisation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement