Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

It seems the only way Browns can make the Superbowl is through inappropriate jokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

taidghbaby wrote: »
    With no interior o-line, and no TE's though!!

Who, the Colts? Allen and Fleener? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Who, the Colts? Allen and Fleener? :confused:

Allen out for the year and Fleener has not been overly impressive thus far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Allen out for the year and Fleener has not been overly impressive thus far!

Wow I completely missed the Allen injury. What happened? That's a real shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

I'm fcuking sick.

Yes he hasn't been overly impressive but you know it's there and he will be a success. No question. Great move from Indianapolis.

There is no guarantee they get who they want next year. Prob end up Manziel and he'll refuse to play.

I do agree with the "it's only a back" POV to an extent but when god knows how many Browns fans purchased their #33 jerseys (inc myself) and you have a 2-14 season to look forward to, it really makes it sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I'm fcuking sick.

Yes he hasn't been overly impressive but you know it's there and he will be a success. No question. Great move from Indianapolis.

There is no guarantee they get who they want next year. Prob end up Manziel and he'll refuse to play.

I do agree with the "it's only a back" POV to an extent but when god knows how many Browns fans purchased their #33 jerseys (inc myself) and you have a 2-14 season to look forward to, it really makes it sad.

The Browns fans seem really upset from everything I have read. They had really bought into Richardson

Where you pulling the 2nd win from by the way (assuming ye beat the Jags)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Just realised I have now have the Colts two marquee offensive players, Luck and Richardson, in my fantasy team. Someone get me a Colts jersey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Wow I completely missed the Allen injury. What happened? That's a real shame.

Season ending hip operation. Was just announced yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

I'm fcuking sick.

I don't want to make you feel any worse but his contract was front loaded too so he costs fek all to the colts over the next 2 and a bit years!

I don't want to make you feel any worse but his contract was front loaded too so he costs fek all to the colts over the next 2 and a bit years!

i seen the numbers. It's not too bad. Our cap situation is pretty decent anyway.

I just feel bad for this season. It's done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

i seen the numbers. It's not too bad. Our cap situation is pretty decent anyway.

You would hope so. Outside of Thomas & Cameron nobody deserves to be earning a chunk on that Browns roster !!!

D3PO wrote: »
    You would hope so. Outside of Thomas & Cameron nobody deserves to be earning a chunk on that Browns roster !!!

Very very Harsh on our defense. It's rather good except for half of the secondary. We went after Grimes very aggressively in the summer. He chose less money to go to Miami and he was prob right to. Looks to be in great shape and a stud again :(

Our cap situation is like that because Haden and Ward will be getting contracts soon as will our centre Alex Mack.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

TO. wrote: »
    The key to this is if they have more than 7 guys on the line the scrimmage.

That's was all but said in my answer.

2 Tackles
    2 Guards
    Centre
    TE
    WR (Covering the TE)
    WR on the other side of the formation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

D3PO wrote: »
    That's was all but said in my answer.

2 Tackles
    2 Guards
    Centre
    TE
    WR (Covering the TE)
    WR on the other side of the formation

Not sure why you would bother to come back to this now but I was clarifying it either way. I know you practically said it but saying how many should on the line backs up what you say as many might not know what you mean by a tight end being covered. But ok thanks for clearing that up for me. And my apologies for saying anything.

Just to add though if there was no TE and a 4 WR set, What I said and what you said gives someone an idea that a WR can also be covered and made ineligible if also covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Going to mess up plenty of fantasy teams though........Richardson is a top pick in almost every league.....but in Cleveland he had to do it all himself, he's going to have to share the ball in Indy

Going to mess up plenty of fantasy teams though........Richardson is a top pick in almost every league.....but in Cleveland he had to do it all himself, he's going to have to share the ball in Indy

On the flipside though, other teams knew he had to do it all himself in Cleveland and there were 8 men in the box when he got the ball. Won't be the case with Luck on the field too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

The Bogman wrote: »
    On the flipside though, other teams knew he had to do it all himself in Cleveland and there were 8 men in the box when he got the ball. Won't be the case with Luck on the field too

I agree with this. I actually think if he stays healthy he offers more value per game to fantasy owners than he did in Cleveland. Colts have a balanced offense the Browns don't and as Bogman said teams just stuffed the box as they knew what the Browns were going to throw at them with Richardson.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think Bradshaw is pretty useless now, dropped him in one league this morning,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

check these out, redesigned logos

http://imgur.com/a/yGJKk#RBiHov0

Browns one is excellent (as is the Titans and the Vikes)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

The Browns didn't even tell Richardson that he was traded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

A group of about a half dozen browns fans came out today and said that they will be boycotting the upcoming browns games......that's going to half the attendence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

It's actually nuts though for Browns fans. They're loyal enough and those who have season tickets for this season must be rightly pissed off given how uncompetitive they're going to be for the rest of the season. I know Richardson doesn't carry the team but it just shows that the board are pretty much writing off the rest of the season already.

TO. wrote: »
    I agree with this. I actually think if he stays healthy he offers more value per game to fantasy owners than he did in Cleveland. Colts have a balanced offense the Browns don't and as Bogman said teams just stuffed the box as they knew what the Browns were going to throw at them with Richardson.

Done a bit of reading about his fantasy value and all the articles I read are of the opinion that it can only be good for T-Rich's fantasy owners. Here's a couple of them from BR.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1779261-trent-richardsons-updated-2013-fantasy-value-after-being-traded-to-colts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1779422-fantasy-football-why-you-should-wait-until-week-4-to-trade-for-trent-richardson

All the NFL guys I follow on twitter are of the same opinion aswell:
    Tweet from Matt Miller
    'Also, quoting Trent Richardson's stats in CLE are pointless. He'll have bigger rushing lanes with real passing threat at QB.'

I hope to God he performs well, seeing as I have himself and Luck in my fantasy team!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Who's staying up for the match tonight?
    Have the cans in and opened already.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

So you're not staying up for it then?

Won't bother, bears on late Sunday, can't do more than one late game in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Il be watching it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I'll be up

Chiefs win on the road!

Eagles D was shameful last week

And Alex Smith makes few mistakes. Chiefs have weapons

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

should be a good game cant stay up to watch it sadly , have to be up early in the morning , i assume its on sky again tomorow evening around 5 o clock.

eagles are favorites ..... i would disagree think kansas are a reformed beast under andy reid and should win, have to go with the team on the run!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Yeah I reckon I'll watch the first half anyway! Really like this matchup I have to say :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

So you're not staying up for it then?

Won't bother, bears on late Sunday, can't do more than one late game in a week.

Yeah im still here only on my 5th for god sake:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement