Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I'll be up

Chiefs win on the road!

Eagles D was shameful last week

And Alex Smith makes few mistakes. Chiefs have weapons

Yeah i agree with you, went with the under as i only have one bet per game, it was a toss up between unders and the chiefs +3.

Lets get this party started.................

3-0 Kansas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

10-0 kc, vicks 95 passes without an int ends, got picked for 6

10-6, vck doing btter, broke off a run for 61 yards and a good throw to end it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Did I just see an ad with clay Mathews for Campbell's CHEESEBURGER soup?

Possibly bedtime if not...

Also dunno if I can watch Vick getting sacked much longer and still call it entertaining.

Did I just see an ad with clay Mathews for Campbell's CHEESEBURGER soup?

Possibly bedtime if not...
    you did
    Also dunno if I can watch Vick getting sacked much longer and still call it entertaining.

Both qbs are looking like tackling dummys

Arawn wrote: »
    you did

Both qbs are looking like tackling dummys

Yeah I'm off!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

So 5 more wins for Kansas City and the 49ers get their second round pick next year. Great Trade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

adrian522 wrote: »
    So 5 more wins for Kansas City and the 49ers get their second round pick next year. Great Trade.

Great Trade for both teams.

Considering Kansas traded a 2nd for Matt Cassel, they are doing a lot more in return this time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I really hate that kind of trade. Theoretically, if they were 7-8 going into week 17, and the playoffs were out of the question, would they really not tank that last game?

davyjose wrote: »
    I really hate that kind of trade. Theoretically, if they were 7-8 going into week 17, and the playoffs were out of the question, would they really not tank that last game?

The players certainly wouldn't do that, they are always playing for their job, or perhaps their next job. They certainly don't care about the team's picks in the next draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Hazys wrote: »
    Great Trade for both teams.

Considering Kansas traded a 2nd for Matt Cassel, they are doing a lot more in return this time around.

Im sure after 2010 leading them to playoffs with 27tds to 7ints KC would have been very happy with the decision.

The players certainly wouldn't do that, they are always playing for their job, or perhaps their next job. They certainly don't care about the team's picks in the next draft.

Yeah but the coaches might.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Im sure after 2010 leading them to playoffs with 27tds to 7ints KC would have been very happy with the decision.

I guess you're right. He was very good that year but very average overall.

Could happen to Alex Smith too. This year might be a flash in the pan but Smith seems to have a better resume pre-Chiefs than Cassel did.

davyjose wrote: »
    Yeah but the coaches might.

True enough I suppose. They'd want to get a guarantee that they'd be keeping their job though, which is never easy if you've failed to make the play offs. In the meantime, more defeats would make it more difficult to get another job elsewhere. But I'm sure it happens at times

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Hazys wrote: »
    I guess you're right. He was very good that year but very average overall.

Could happen to Alex Smith too. This year might be a flash in the pan but Smith seems to have a better resume pre-Chiefs than Cassel did.

Agree with that. I was just pointing out that its a bit early to judge (& bit harsh on Cassell) Personally I would have kept the pick & taken Geno but I guess with the talent they have on the team they are in win now mode

only in america.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/some-parents-of-the-kids-who-trashed-an-ex-nfl-players-house

TL;DR Ex pat has house broken into by 200-400 kids, they trash it all the while posting tweets, he reaches out online, parents of kids threaten to sue and firebomb him

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Doing a bit of reading up on NFL records and found out that the record for the longest field goal is 63m. 4 players hold the record, but the first one to do it was Tom Dempsey.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Dempsey
    So what I hear you say. Well, look at his right foot. His kicking foot.Tom_dempsey.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Guffy

Ya NFL eventually brought a rule in as to the shape a boot had to be because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

only in america.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/some-parents-of-the-kids-who-trashed-an-ex-nfl-players-house

TL;DR Ex pat has house broken into by 200-400 kids, they trash it all the while posting tweets, he reaches out online, parents of kids threaten to sue and firebomb him

:eek: That is unbelievable. I mean how do a couple of hundred kids break into a house and neighbors don't notice or call the cops? Couldn't believe when I read about some parents threatening to sue him for posting the pics of their children. I mean...hello! Your scumbag child is breaking the law you idiot.

:eek: That is unbelievable. I mean how do a couple of hundred kids break into a house and neighbors don't notice or call the cops? Couldn't believe when I read about some parents threatening to sue him for posting the pics of their children. I mean...hello! Your scumbag child is breaking the law you idiot.

the kids posted the pics themselves is what makes it even crazier.

Lol some are claiming it'll ruin the kids chances to get into college, if your super intelligent child puts photographic evidence online of themselves committing a crime I think that nest egg for college tuition is safe

the kids posted the pics themselves is what makes it even crazier.

Lol some are claiming it'll ruin the kids chances to get into college, if your super intelligent child puts photographic evidence online of themselves committing a crime I think that nest egg for college tuition is safe

And it also proves once again, how stupid kids nowadays have become.

And it also proves once again, how stupid kids nowadays have become.

very true. I will say fair play to the lone parent that made his kid go back. went over with him to make sure and apologize too

very true. I will say fair play to the lone parent that made his kid go back. went over with him to make sure and apologize too

I would say that would give you hope for humanity, but I think we all know that parent is in a very small minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

The Bogman wrote: »
    Doing a bit of reading up on NFL records and found out that the record for the longest field goal is 63m. 4 players hold the record, but the first one to do it was Tom Dempsey.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Dempsey
    So what I hear you say. Well, look at his right foot. His kicking foot.Tom_dempsey.jpg

what was he.... half man half horse??

what was he.... half man half horse??

No, he was born without any toes on his right foot. His teammates called him stumpy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

No, he was born without any toes on his right foot. His teammates called him stumpy.

Jesus i didnt know that sorry :eek: not good!!!

• Advertisement

With all the talk of running backs not sticking around in Cleveland... Peyton Hillis has been released by the Bucs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement