Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

TaosHum wrote: »
    According to Forbes, the Most Valuable NFL teams are:

1. Cowboys
    2. Patriots
    3. Redskins
    4. Giants
    5. Texans
    Stunned that the Texans are fifth. Houston is a huge city, but outside of that city theres almost no market share. Texas is ALL Cowboys.
    In fact Afaik they have the smallest market in terms of area of all teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

davyjose wrote: »
    Stunned that the Texans are fifth. Houston is a huge city, but outside of that city theres almost no market share. Texas is ALL Cowboys.
    In fact Afaik they have the smallest market in terms of area of all teams.

The market are may well be small, but considering the Texans have never had to blackout a game, there is a staple and consistent fanbase in the area. With the state of Texas being football mad and the fact they are putting out a good product, I can see why they are up there.

Hell, you could throw a team into San Antonio and it would probably succeed also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

TaosHum wrote: »
    The market are may well be small, but considering the Texans have never had to blackout a game, there is a staple and consistent fanbase in the area. With the state of Texas being football mad and the fact they are putting out a good product, I can see why they are up there.

Hell, you could throw a team into San Antonio and it would probably succeed also.

Yeah there is history there too, with the old oilers team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

davyjose wrote: »
    Yeah there is history there too, with the old oilers team.

Ah man i just remembered i had an oilers rubber in school (ah the memories):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

764dak wrote: »

I can't stand when fast food brands use professional athletes to promote their product.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I can't stand when fast food brands use professional athletes to promote their product.

Don't worry, Joe and Colin are laughing all the way to the bank.

Don't worry, Joe and Colin are laughing all the way to the bank.

And so they should be. Its more from an advertising point of view that its annoying. Do people actually believe pro athletes go near this kind of stuff? Same with Subway and their recent ads with Tommy Bowe and the likes.

Do people actually believe pro athletes go near this kind of stuff? Same with Subway and their recent ads with Tommy Bowe and the likes.

Looking at the seemingly deteriorating levels of human intelligence. I have no doubt that a lot of dummies out there, probably do think McDonald's is key component of Joe and Colin's diet.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

And so they should be. Its more from an advertising point of view that its annoying. Do people actually believe pro athletes go near this kind of stuff? Same with Subway and their recent ads with Tommy Bowe and the likes.

They do though especially in the off season. Just check out all the players twitters and instagrams in the off season and there is plenty of pics of players with fast food. It may not be part of their staple diets but there is plenty of pro athletes who eat fast food every now and again. Besides people who eat what they believe famous people eat are idiots anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

wasn't flacco out getting mcnuggets when the story of his contract broke??

TO. wrote: »
    They do though especially in the off season. Just check out all the players twitters and instagrams in the off season and there is plenty of pics of players with fast food. It may not be part of their staple diets but there is plenty of pro athletes who eat fast food every now and again. Besides people who eat what they believe famous people eat are idiots anyways.
    Usain bolt was constantly in mcdonalds during the olympics

Arawn wrote: »
    wasn't flacco out getting mcnuggets when the story of his contract broke??

He was, but it was the offseason.

He was, but it was the offseason.

aye i remember that was just pointing out that pro athletes do go near that stuff

Adrian Peterson has a room full of junk food in his house, saw it on E:60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Mark Sanchez, Kellen Clemens and Mark Brunnell ordered pizzas for themselves on the Jets Hard Knocks.

Sure we all remember the players eating burgers in front of fans at a pre season open practice.

Or Sanchez eating a hot dog on the sidelines and getting a telling off from Jets management

Ok they do eat junk food but I still find the link between sports stars and junk food advertising puzzling.

Ok they do eat junk food but I still find the link between sports stars and junk food advertising puzzling.

why??? you eat junk food?? have a **** ton of money so we can use you for advertising, manning owns 21 papa johns sher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Didn't Rafa Nadal eat a burger during a grand slam match once? Usain Bolt eats McDonald's during Olympics.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

764dak wrote: »
    Didn't Rafa Nadal eat a burger during a grand slam match once? Usain Bolt eats McDonald's during Olympics.

Chad Johnson used to go on at length about how much he loved eating McDonald's and how it didn't matter if you trained right. Hardly 100% serious though.

Bigger problem with that ad: what's in the bet for flacco? He already owns the food. If he wins the bet he still owns it but gets nothing and if he loses kaepernick gets the food. Have I missed something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Well said Chris Collinsworth :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I'm just going to leave this here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

What a throwaway he was from Tampa.

Leading the league in INT's for a 6th(?) rounder.

Imagine Talib and Revis as a CB pairing.

Banks looks alright however, so can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Adrian Peterson has a room full of junk food in his house, saw it on E:60

To back this up, when I met him today ha seeked my advise on whether or not kettle chips were the way to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

madalig12 wrote: »
    To back this up, when I met him today ha seeked my advise on whether or not kettle chips were the way to go!

Cliffhanger we are all dying to know what you told him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

He prefers orange peanuts.

Random FF thing, but taking Reggie Bush in the 5th round of my league is looking like a bloody steal as he generally gets around the same amount of points as my other RB AP.

I think the lions will be a tough team this year tbh, bush and belle are a great combo for them in the backfield

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

TO. wrote: »
    Cliffhanger we are all dying to know what you told him :D

He had two bags of walkers salt an vinegar an was wondering what kettle chips were. i said they were thicker and cruchier an said the walkers were same as lays. think he took one of each. He was really nice. We congratulated him on his play the evening before an he thanked us very much. A real gent.

Has this thread turned into a food thread? Because every post I've read lately is making me fecking hungry. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

He had two bags of walkers salt an vinegar an was wondering what kettle chips were. i said they were thicker and cruchier an said the walkers were same as lays. think he took one of each. He was really nice. We congratulated him on his play the evening before an he thanked us very much. A real gent.

Fantastic story :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement