Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Chargers @ raiders has been moved from 1:25pm est next Sunday to 11:30PM est due to the mlb playoffs as the As and raiders share the same venue. The game will be shown on nfl networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

http://vimeo.com/70205706

I can't find the English version of the first video.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/01/report-ravens-acquire-eugene-monroe-in-trade-from-jaguars/

Looks like Eugene Monroe is in the progress of becoming a Raven, pending a physical. seems like a decent deal for both teams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I like the signing, fills a big need for years to come for the price of a few low round picks. He is just 26

Another Jag Daryl Smith was signed in the offseason and has been doing a great job at middle linebacker

If the Jags are happy to let their few talented players go then Ozzie Newsome is keen to go for them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Huge trade for the ravens I think he alone will make a big difference to there o don't mind this from the jags side either provided they got a decent return

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Irish guy on the Ross Tucker podcast today named Sam Monson.

Works as an analyst for Pro Football Focus

Pretty cool and I suppose unexpected for someone living in Ireand to get such a job, fair play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

mikemac1 wrote: »

Pretty cool and I suppose unexpected for someone living in Ireand to get such a job, fair play :)
    You should follow him on twitter! Knows his sh1t!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

taidghbaby wrote: »
    You should follow him on twitter! Knows his sh1t!

Cian Fahey (@cianaf)too. Another Irish American football expert. Been following him on twitter for a good while now. Writes for BR, FBG and has his own website. Always liked his pieces, he goes into serious depth in some of them.
    Link to his website:
    http://presnapreads.com/

The Bogman wrote: »
    Cian Fahey (@cianaf)too. Another Irish American football expert. Been following him on twitter for a good while now. Writes for BR, FBG and has his own website. Always liked his pieces, he goes into serious depth in some of them.
    Link to his website:
    http://presnapreads.com/
    Yeah follow him too! Goes into a lot of depth alright!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

There's a Cian Fahey in my fantasy league, wonder if its him

• Advertisement

I see Matt Flynn has lost the number 2 job at the raiders, since leaving the pack he's picked up nearly 10million for riding the pine pony

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

phatkev wrote: »
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/01/report-ravens-acquire-eugene-monroe-in-trade-from-jaguars/

Looks like Eugene Monroe is in the progress of becoming a Raven, pending a physical. seems like a decent deal for both teams

First time the Ravens have ever traded for a player during mid-season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Arawn wrote: »
    I see Matt Flynn has lost the number 2 job at the raiders, since leaving the pack he's picked up nearly 10million for riding the pine pony

Has anyone ever got paid so much for doing so little? :pac: Wonder would the Packers resign him as a back up when he gets cut from the Raiders.

Has anyone ever got paid so much for doing so little? :pac: Wonder would the Packers resign him as a back up when he gets cut from the Raiders.
    Another ex raiders qb hot a hell of a lot if money for doin f all

Difference between being a first round pick and matt flynn tbf!

Arawn wrote: »
    Difference between being a first round pick and matt flynn tbf!

True

Mike McCarthy should be getting a good chunk of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

mikemac1 wrote: »

Sam plays in the IAFL also for the Rhinos. Very knowledgeable chap and all round nice guy.

I like Cian stuff also don't know but he writes solid articles and very knowledgeable also.

Its awesome to see guys who know the sport so well make names for themselves in the media. They are ten times better than some of the sh1t thats out there right now.

Interesting stat of the day (from twitter)! mark Sanchez is 6th on the list of all time passer ratings for QB's in post season play!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Another one from this week I found interesting/amusing/typical. Since 04 the cowboys have been 2-1, seven times, each and every time they've fallen to 2-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Another one from this week I found interesting/amusing/typical. Since 04 the cowboys have been 2-1, seven times, each and every time they've fallen to 2-2.

Ha. That's gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I was listening to the rich eisen podcast last night and they mentioned that the broncos are averaging more points than some teams have scored TOTAL. That's scary stuff to think after only four weeks. Should the '72 dolphins start to worry ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I was listening to the rich eisen podcast last night and they mentioned that the broncos are averaging more points than some teams have scored TOTAL. That's scary stuff to think after only four weeks. Should the '72 dolphins start to worry ?

nope, they'll be beat. The injuries will eventually pile up

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Having the best offense and winning Superbowls do not go hand in hand. Nobody knows that more than us Pats fans. The 2007 and 2012 Pats teams, had the 1st and 3rd all time scoring offenses. But they didn't win the Superbowl though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Josh Freeman released by the Bucs.

Just looking at the year he was drafted there, apart from Stafford who went first - that has turned out to be a horrible QB class (Sanchez (1st Rd), Pat White (2nd Rd), Stephen McGee (4th) etc).

Funnily enough, the only other QB who is starting or close to a starting QB is Browns Brian Hoyer who went undrafted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Josh Freeman released by the Bucs.

Just looking at the year he was drafted there, apart from Stafford who went first - that has turned out to be a horrible QB class (Sanchez (1st Rd), Pat White (2nd Rd), Stephen McGee (4th) etc).

Funnily enough, the only other QB who is starting or close to a starting QB is Browns Brian Hoyer who went undrafted.

Bucs should be ashamed of how they have handled Freeman this year. How all this stuff got out into the public domain is mystery but it clearly was an intended smear campaign inside the organisation.

I wish him the best of luck. He clearly had the talent to succeed in this league & hope he uses this as motivation

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Bucs should be ashamed of how they have handled Freeman this year. How all this stuff got out into the public domain is mystery but it clearly was an intended smear campaign inside the organisation.

I wish him the best of luck. He clearly had the talent to succeed in this league & hope he uses this as motivation

yeah disgraceful carry on, they asked him not to come to a team meeting this week then tried to let on he skipped it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Yeah, the Bucs carry on during this whole Freeman thing has made them look ridiculous.

Regarding Freeman, he'd be a very good addition for a lot of teams. I'd expect he will have a lot of interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Paully D wrote: »
    Yeah, the Bucs carry on during this whole Freeman thing has made them look ridiculous.

Regarding Freeman, he'd be a very good addition for a lot of teams. I'd expect he will have a lot of interest.

Raiders possibly best fit?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement