Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Fck sake

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    But if your two year old son dies in a awful tragic way , how can his mind be in the right frame of mind to play football ?
    Everyone deals with things differently!

Great words from Torrey Smith, knows exactly what this is like and how to deal with it, certainly more than anyone here...
    Playing after tragedy is therapy. Staying home doesn't change what life has thrown at you Playing in their honor is rewarding for the family

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Peterson's half brother was murdered the day before the combine as well. Can't imagine I'd be able get through that.

And his brother was killed by a drunk driver when he was 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Absolutely disgusting. :( The man has dealt with more tragedy than anyone ever should, and then this happens. Things like this really make you lose all faith in humanity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Police have confirmed that APs' son has died. Got chills when I read the news. Terribly sad.

The poor wee kid, RIP.

The chicken shít responsible for this, really needs to suffer a slow, lingering and very painful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

kmart6 wrote: »
    Great words from Torrey Smith, knows exactly what this is like and how to deal with it, certainly more than anyone here...

Brett Favre had one of the best games of his career the night after his dad died.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Bit of a difference in your dad dying and your son being beaten to death

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

I read a couple of articles saying that AP only found out he had this son a couple of months ago and the first time he met him was on when the child was on life support.

I don't know how true that is but even still very sad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Either way, whether Peterson decides to play or not, it'll be the correct decision. He'll know if he's in the right place or not to play and whether it'll be good for him and the team.

If he plays massive respect to him, I know I wouldn't be able for it as much as I'd wish I could.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Photobomb

benbomb.gif

<3 Zoltan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

BWfbjpECEAAb8rL.jpg

This is what happens your playbook with Matt Castle at QB.

original.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

^^^ I'd read nothing into this. He's probably just focused on the game and didn't notice Tom!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Davy I have a PHD in body language analysis, and I can 100% confirm Amendola hates Brady!

You got all that from Edelman blanking Brady!? You're good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

davyjose wrote: »
    ^^^ I'd read nothing into this. He's probably just focused on the game and didn't notice Tom!

I don't think anyone is trying to make a big deal out of it. Just amusing is all.

What does Brady say there to Amendola? Easy to know I wouldn't make a good lip reader :pac:

"Why are you wearing Julian's jersey?"

• Advertisement

All white guys looks the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

My best guess would be "Nice job Danny"

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭robluvshandegg

Cool graphic showing the height and weight of every player in the NFL. Credit to Zeiros on Reddit.

ScreenShot2013-10-15at11.10.18AM_original.png?1381860703

ScreenShot2013-10-15at11.10.11AM_original.png?1381860719

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

My best guess would be "Nice job Danny"

For the last time Tom, my name is Julian! Fúck your handshake!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Paully D wrote: »
    Cool graphic showing the height and weight of every player in the NFL. Credit to Zeiros on Reddit.

I can see Holliday's and Osweiler's dots :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Paully D wrote: »

Who is the 6ft8 340lb defensive end?? Is Ropati Pitoitui still in the NFL? (You'll remember him from Jets Hard Knocks)

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Who is the 6ft8 340lb defensive end?? Is Ropati Pitoitui still in the NFL? (You'll remember him from Jets Hard Knocks)

Clifton Geathers (Eagles). A 6th rounder in 2010 and has had short stints with the Browns, Dolphins, Colts and Cowboys to date. This was him at the combine :eek:

97549633.jpg.6403_display_image.jpg?1271455475

Pitoitua is currently with the Titans after joining them from the Chiefs in the offseason. 6ft8 and just under 300lbs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

He's doing pretty well actually and has pretty much limited Wimbley to a few snaps per game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Another $30,000 fine for Suh for a hit on Brandon Weedon. Bit harsh as he really seemed to do nothing wrong in this case

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement