Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Suh must be on negative wages. He doesn't get a pay slip, he gets a bill!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

any gif/clip of the hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Another $30,000 fine for Suh for a hit on Brandon Weedon. Bit harsh as he really seemed to do nothing wrong in this case

Thought the same until I rewatched it (hopefully its the one i'm thinking of). He puts his head down and hits weeden on the chin strap and the top of his chest. No need to do it, its just bad tackling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Thought the same until I rewatched it (hopefully its the one i'm thinking of). He puts his head down and hits weeden on the chin strap and the top of his chest. No need to do it, its just bad tackling.

Yea but he gets his hands to Weedon first & the helmet contact to chest looks minimal.

Suh must be on negative wages. He doesn't get a pay slip, he gets a bill!

He must be approaching $500,000 at this stage between fines n the money he lost while suspended. He is putting James Harrison to shame

• Advertisement

While I don't particularly like suh I do think he gets fined for some calls that other players would get away with because of his rep. Stamping/kicking players on the thanksgiving game against the pack really didn't help his reputation

• Registered Users Posts: 21,679 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

7Nq8CKG.jpg

There's the hit. Definitely not fine worthy, it was a late hit fair enough, but nothing more than a roughing the passer penalty.

thats not late?? isn there a qb has to take 2 steps thing or am i drunk making up ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Schuab benched, Keenum starts for Texans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Not benched, out with ankle injury. Bit of a difference!

• Advertisement

Arawn wrote: »
    thats not late?? isn there a qb has to take 2 steps thing or am i drunk making up ****?

No it's not late hit

No it's not late hit

not being smart, but are you saying no, it's not a late hit or no it's not a thoing, late hit.

Not benched, out with ankle injury. Bit of a difference!

My bad, totally missed that!

Arawn wrote: »
    not being smart, but are you saying no, it's not a late hit or no it's not a thoing, late hit.

:confused:

It's not a late hit, Weedon has just released the ball when Suh contacts him. Honestly I see nothing at all wrong with the play but just my opinion

:confused:

It's not a late hit, Weedon has just released the ball when Suh contacts him. Honestly I see nothing at all wrong with the play but just my opinion

I agree. Tbh to me thats a good hit!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Marshawn lynch eating a huge bag of M and Ms just before kick off tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Marshawn lynch eating a huge bag of M and Ms just before kick off tonight
    Skittles no?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Skittles no?

Perhaps ...

Perhaps ...

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

confused.png

Not disagreeing - but the NFL reasoning for a fine is not a late hit - it is that he made contact with the crown of the head, so if the discussion is to be held don't get bogged down on late hit - I agree it definitely wasn't a late hit and if I'm honest I can't see him lowering his head into the hit.

Feel a bit sorry for him as the only reason he got this fine is his previous actions - as I cannot see this as anything but a guy putting pressure on the passer - which is his job!!! - BUT I'm a Bear's fan so I don't feel THAT sorry...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Not disagreeing - but the NFL reasoning for a fine is not a late hit - it is that he made contact with the crown of the head, so if the discussion is to be held don't get bogged down on late hit - I agree it definitely wasn't a late hit and if I'm honest I can't see him lowering his head into the hit.

Feel a bit sorry for him as the only reason he got this fine is his previous actions - as I cannot see this as anything but a guy putting pressure on the passer - which is his job!!! - BUT I'm a Bear's fan so I don't feel THAT sorry...

I'd need to watch a proper video of it, but from that gif, it seems like there are 2 movements, the first is his head leading into Weedon, and second his his hand pushing Weedon to the ground. he should be leading with his hands, not his head, so with his reputation, he is going to be called up on it. but it is harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

bruschi wrote: »
    I'd need to watch a proper video of it, but from that gif, it seems like there are 2 movements, the first is his head leading into Weedon, and second his his hand pushing Weedon to the ground. he should be leading with his hands, not his head, so with his reputation, he is going to be called up on it. but it is harsh.

Yeah On the NFL.com website they had some clips and I can see where they were coming from - but if it had been Nick Fairly or Stephen Paea would there be a fine???

Has anyone watched league of denial yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Watching it tonight. I've read that it's very heaving going. Still probably something every fan should watch.

Link for anybody interested.

I'm about 40mins in, its well produced but it is eye opening. Paints the league in a bad light.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

The mayor of Toronto shows off his QB skills...

4DJK6E.gif

An obvious roughing the passer call there/late hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

The mayor of Toronto shows off his QB skills...

4DJK6E.gif

An obvious roughing the passer call there/late hit.

That's what would have happened if JaMarcus Russell came back into the league!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

That's what would have happened if JaMarcus Russell came back into the league!

That and a 9.2 on the Richter Scale. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

He's back up QB for the argos, isn't he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Interesting graph from @Jason_OTC ranking offensive lines in terms of value for money. He's a good follow on Twitter for anyone interested in salary figures etc.

http://overthecap.com/bargains-and-busts-ranking-team-offensive-lines/

According to his graph, Ravens have the worst ranked offensive line in the league thru 6 weeks with mid-spend, Broncos have the best but spend the most. Lions and Bills getting the best value for money.

offensive-line-spending.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement