Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ChicagoJoe

Alfred Morris may give the Bears some problems. He’s not an easy guy to tackle. He’s low to the ground, he runs hard and he’s got enough speed to generate explosive running skills. If we can get the offense settled in quickly, Cutler might be able to hurt Washington’s secondary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Packers with a highly rated O Line, what's happening to the world? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Fun fact: Andrew Luck has as many 4th quarter wins as Aaron Rodgers.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_career.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Unsurprisingly our expensive o-line sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

davyjose wrote: »
    Fun fact: Andrew Luck has as many 4th quarter wins as Aaron Rodgers.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_career.htm

Not sure about the accuracy of the Brady stats there. He has 32 regular season 4th quarter game winning drives and 6 playoff 4th quarter comeback winning drives. For a total of 38.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

be9f4ba439d911e388d322000a1f8fcc_8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

McAfee repping for all the punters/kickers out there....

816568675.gif?1382318507

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

kmart6 wrote: »
    McAfee repping for all the punters/kickers out there....

816568675.gif?1382318507
    Helmet to Helmet.

Big fine on its way?

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Helmet to Helmet.

Big fine on its way?

He'll take it. Becoming a cult hero in Indy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

bruschi wrote: »
    Meriweather strikes again.

lacey.gif

anothe cheap head shot where he dives full force at an opponents head. scummy player. am glad he is no longer in New England.

I think I should just start up a 'I hate Meriweather, he is an absolute scumbag on the field' thread. I never liked him in New england, and he is fast, if not already there, becoming my least liked player ever.

comes out after then and says "I feel like every hit that I took was a legit hit. I wasn't trying to be dirty. I wasn't trying to hurt nobody. I didn't launch with my head. I used my shoulder like they told me to do. Everything I did was a pointer from them (league officials).... You've just got to play. There ain't nothing I can do about it. I just go out there and play."

He managed to get 2 illegal hits in one game, again.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000266828/Brandon-Meriweather-illegal-hit-in-third-quarter

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000266841/Brandon-Meriweather-illegal-hit-in-fourth-quarter

Hey Brandon, here's a tip for you to not get fines. Stop launching yourself off the ground leading with your helmet aiming straight for your opponents face. Dickhead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

bruschi wrote: »
    I think I should just start up a 'I hate Meriweather, he is an absolute scumbag on the field' thread. I never liked him in New england, and he is fast, if not already there, becoming my least liked player ever.

comes out after then and says "I feel like every hit that I took was a legit hit. I wasn't trying to be dirty. I wasn't trying to hurt nobody. I didn't launch with my head. I used my shoulder like they told me to do. Everything I did was a pointer from them (league officials).... You've just got to play. There ain't nothing I can do about it. I just go out there and play."

He managed to get 2 illegal hits in one game, again.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000266828/Brandon-Meriweather-illegal-hit-in-third-quarter

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000266841/Brandon-Meriweather-illegal-hit-in-fourth-quarter

Hey Brandon, here's a tip for you to not get fines. Stop launching yourself off the ground leading with your helmet aiming straight for your opponents face. Dickhead.

From windycitygridiron.com in their notes from the game:

"Brandon Meriweather's expulsion from the league as football's Raffi Torres can't come soon enough. I'm not even sure he's actually trying to play football anymore, as his bell-ringing of Brandon Marshall in the end zone at play's end was just flat-out gratuitous. When he was here we assumed he didn't know what he was doing; it's pretty well confirmed either he has no idea what he's doing after this long in the league or he does know what he's doing. I don't know which is scarier."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

From windycitygridiron.com in their notes from the game:

"Brandon Meriweather's expulsion from the league as football's Raffi Torres can't come soon enough. I'm not even sure he's actually trying to play football anymore, as his bell-ringing of Brandon Marshall in the end zone at play's end was just flat-out gratuitous. When he was here we assumed he didn't know what he was doing; it's pretty well confirmed either he has no idea what he's doing after this long in the league or he does know what he's doing. I don't know which is scarier."

Meriweather must have some neck on him,he is actually gonna do more harm to himself then others if he keeps this up,surley e has been warned agains doing this by the redskins coaches and medical staff

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Helmet to Helmet.

Big fine on its way?

Nothing illegal about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

kmart6 wrote: »
    Nothing illegal about it!
    That post was massively tongue in cheek :P

I know he wasn't defenseless or it wasn't a hit with the crown of the helmet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Bryant McKinnie traded from Baltimore to Miami. Compensation not disclosed. I'd be happy with a 7th and delighted with a 6th

He'll enjoy the nightlife and strip clubs in Miami anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Bryant McKinnie traded from Baltimore to Miami. Compensation not disclosed. I'd be happy with a 7th and delighted with a 6th

He'll enjoy the nightlife and strip clubs in Miami anyway!

Pick one city you absolutely would not want him to be in and it would be Miami. That will prove to be a disaster.

I was so disappointed with him this year after his run in the playoffs, but I should have know better than to expect him to be professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

This... This is why the internet is both the best and worst thing in our lives. It gets funnier every time I watch it...
    816734107.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

I just saw the end of NFL Live. Jets have brought in David Garrard and have released Brady Quinn.

764dak wrote: »
    I just saw the end of NFL Live. Jets have brought in David Garrard and have released Brady Quinn.

He has attempted more comebacks than Farve!!

Not sure how to post a gif on here but here is link to some good ones from the weekend. The one where some guys head butts Kapernick who still has his helmet on is funny

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1819555-best-gifs-from-sunday-nfl-week-7

• Advertisement

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Not sure how to post a gif on here but here is link to some good ones from the weekend. The one where some guys head butts Kapernick who still has his helmet on is funny

Here ya go....

6wBFhW.gif

And here's another from the link you put up....

4R2DFQ.gif

Love when Jim goes off on one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

This one of Alex Smith faking a hand off to nobody is another stonewall classic. The way he holds it there for a split second as if he has a chance of still fooling the defence is priceless. You can almost hear him think "Oh sh*t!" before he takes off and runs it in. The NFL is just ridiculous sometimes.
    AlexSmithFakesNoOne.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 30 elarkin

http://dailysnark.com/vontae-davis-prepared-tom-brady-broncos/

This is very funny! How Vontae got this wrong is beyond me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Meriweather actually appealed his suspension, he seriously can't think he'll win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Arawn wrote: »
    Meriweather actually appealed his suspension, he seriously can't think he'll win

I'd say they gave him a 2 game suspension as opposed to a 1 game suspension thinking that he would win on appeal and only get a 1 game suspension in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

It was hilarious. It was likea cartoon where someone is running with dust rising up and just being on the spot

A fantastic play considering how tough Eli can be to bring down on occasion

HigginsJ wrote: »
    A fantastic play considering how tough Eli can be to bring down on occasion

Didn't nearly every one of our lineman, have a hand on him before the Tyree play in 2007. And still couldn't bring him down. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

safe_image.php?d=AQCclzJDLctdnSkG&w=376&h=376&url=http%3A%2F%2F1o983vok8t81oeev33de64c8nq.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F10%2FScreen-Shot-2013-10-22-at-10.38.24-AM.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement