Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

SantryRed wrote: »
    The worst part was we were late and missed the first TD, so as we show the guy our tickets and he tells us where to go, I didn't actually catch it when he said "maybe you should until after cannon". Was strolling down the stairs as this massive boom went off, I literally shat myself.

Jamie-Redknapp-001.jpg

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The unconferenced pro bowl ballot is a bad idea. The conference teams weren't the problem IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

As if it isn't already far to easy to like AD. He buys his offensive line snowmobiles to thank them for his MVP season. Legend!

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/10/adrian-peterson-snowmobiles-offensive-line/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

davyjose wrote: »
    As if it isn't already far to easy to like AD. He buys his offensive line snowmobiles to thank them for his MVP season. Legend!

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/10/adrian-peterson-snowmobiles-offensive-line/

That's really sound of him, nice to see him appreciate the crucial role they played in his great season last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

"Clock it! Clock it! Clock it!"

Oh wait, how about I just extend my hands and score a TD!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Just watched that three times. Awesome.

Hazys wrote: »
    "Clock it! Clock it! Clock it!"

Oh wait, how about I just extend my hands and score a TD!

A play which reminded me of Brady, the QB sneak master himself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

That's class, I like Stafford.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Peyton Hillis goes from watching Monday Night Football to playing in it

Great article on Hillis getting picked up by the giants, here's a snippet
    EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — Peyton Hillis was walking alongside a New Jersey highway looking for dinner. Cars zoomed past at 60 miles per hour as Hillis warily navigated the edge of the roadway.

If he looked out of place, that is because he was. It was Oct. 15; a day earlier, he had been tending to his 1,300-acre soybean farm in southwestern Tennessee. A five-year N.F.L. veteran who had been discarded by three teams in the last three years, Hillis assumed his football career was probably over.

Then the Giants summoned him for a tryout. He arrived in New Jersey with a pair of cleats and a small bag of belongings, half expecting a fleeting, 24-hour stay.

The Giants instead signed him to a contract and promptly had a car service drive him to a hotel. His room was spacious, but the hotel did not have a restaurant and Hillis did not have a rental car.

Storm in a teacup over Bryant's "Tantrum" the other night. Seems like he's just amped up, but fairly reasonable to me.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000271580/Dez-Bryant-sideline-sound

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Was going to post that, I'd have liked to see the bit with Witten in it though.

The "rant" at Romo, was just a teaching learning experience it seems, and Bryant was just expressing himself.

Seems like a good conversation.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

For anyone who goes to the woolshed to watch games, this may be of interest

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/dublin/woolshed-baa-grill-dublin/28695636?nlp=&CID=IE_CRM_1_0_0_302&a=1220

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Adam Schefter:
    Seattle making 11th-hour push to trade for Vikings Pro-Bowl DE Jared Allen, per multiple sources. Vikings also talking to second team.
    Seahawks and Vikings were trade partners last winter on WR Percy Harvin. Now trying to see if they can work out another trade.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Paully D wrote: »
    Adam Schefter:

wow, impressive set of DEs if they pull it off, but how can they afford him

wow, impressive set of DEs if they pull it off, but how can they afford him

Vikings have just waived a TE and signed a DE too, as announced by the team, so it looks like Allen's on the move.

The Seahawks have $2.6m in cap space remaining but Allen is owed $7.5m. USA Today's Tom Pelissero tweeted earlier that Allen is ''willing to re-do his deal for the right situation.''

Vikings have just waived a TE and signed a DE too, as announced by the team, so it looks like Allen's on the move.

The Seahawks have $2.6m in cap space remaining but Allen is owed $7.5m. USA Today's Tom Pelissero tweeted earlier that Allen is ''willing to re-do his deal for the right situation.''

Is a SB worth 5 million...

Jay Glazer says the Seahawks are not among the runners for Allen:
    Contrary to what is out there Seattle is NOT one of the teams in it for Jared Allen. Two others but Seattle is not talking to Vikes for him

A few of the usual sources reporting it will probably be Denver if anyone.

When Marshawn Lynch got drafted by Buffalo, he believed the Bills played in NYC. He thought he'd be sitting court side with Jay-Z every night instead he ended up in one of the most boring cities in America lol

Oh any excuse to show some beast mode:

BX1qVIACUAAL7rQ.jpg:large

Finally found a working link for The Marinovich Project and it didn't disappoint. Well worth a watch if you haven't seen it before:
    It is the life story of Todd Marinovich, a boy whose father made an extreme 18-year effort to turn his son into an NFL quarterback. His theory was if you did all the correct things mentally and physically to the boy as he was growing up, he would have a tremendous advantage over competing boys who did not start preparing to be quarterbacks until high school. He also knew that the boy had to have athletic ability as well.

To quote the father, Marv Marinovich, the question he was trying to answer was,

How well could a kid develop if you provided him with the perfect environment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Not to get all upset just because my team are being slagged as its a joke obviously, but the Vikings are 16th in points per game. The offense has been ok at times this year, its the defense that have been the let down. Any team with AP, Jennings and Patterson is going to see a goal line plenty

Oh any excuse to show some beast mode:

Phenominal run and what a stiff arm he used. One of the best I've ever seen. Loved seeing Hasselbeck way down the field doing some blocking for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Repeat of that game on MNF in a few weeks should be a cracker

Phenominal run and what a stiff arm he used. One of the best I've ever seen. Loved seeing Hasselbeck way down the field doing some blocking for him.

On a side note, Pete Carroll has to be the youngest looking 62 year old I've ever seen. The NFL must have some sort of anti-ageing thing going on :pac: Mike Carey is 64 :eek:

UTI1690837_r620x349.JPG?75d51d0aea2efce5189afce216053cbc530c46a8

WTF? :eek:

Broncos fans i guess

On a side note, Pete Carroll has to be the youngest looking 62 year old I've ever seen.

Funny you mentioned that because I was nearly going to say that in my last post. Carroll is the second oldest coach in the league after Coughlin. The guy looks like a man 20 years younger. I love his energy and enthusiasm on the sidelines, he hops about like a spring lamb.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

This was one of the videos linked at the end of it. I did lol I have to admit.

Broncos fans i guess

Think South Park is set in Colorado.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Think South Park is set in Colorado.

It is. The creators are also from Denver.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement