Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

To be fair I don't think Stafford is a no 1 pick quality qb and in that regard he's a bust but he's still bette than a lot of the qbs out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Hes no more of a bust than Sam Bradford or Alex Smith oreven Eli before theGiants D won him a super bowl.

Horrible excuse for sports journalism that was. Stafford is a young QB with well above average talent, on a horribly coached team.

Regardless of which, for the "journalist" to imply he's a bust no matter how the rest of his career pans out is simply embarrassing.

As for Jim Schwartz, the man must be extremely well connected with the media to be deflecting so much sh!t Stafford's way, because he is the worst coach in football by some distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Last years Super Bowl is on a Sky Sports 4 right now for anyone interested

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

kmart6 wrote: »
    Last years Super Bowl is on a Sky Sports 4 right now for anyone interested

Brilliant, cheers. Perfect way to usher in Christmas :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Watched The League a few years ago but then forgot about it.

Have watched most of season 3 in the last few days and it's better then I remember :D

They get NFL players on it too. Brent Grimes, MJD and Sidney Rice were in Series 3 Episode 1 dancing & singing

It's on Netflix or the usual download places ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Watched The League a few years ago but then forgot about it.

Have watched most of season 3 in the last few days and it's better then I remember :D

They get NFL players on it too. Brent Grimes, MJD and Sidney Rice were in Series 3 Episode 1 dancing & singing

It's on Netflix or the usual download places ;)

First few seasons are good but its been downhill after. They kind of changed the Andre character slightly so that he is just too ridiculous to be believable, and it dirupted the whole dynamic. The last season is better than the one before it to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

First few seasons are good but its been downhill after. They kind of changed the Andre character slightly so that he is just too ridiculous to be believable, and it dirupted the whole dynamic. The last season is better than the one before it to be fair.

It does provide some good laughs alright but the last season there was **** all talk in regards to FF bar the first two and last episode really

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Arawn wrote: »
    It does provide some good laughs alright but the last season there was **** all talk in regards to FF bar the first two and last episode really

To be fair if it was all Ff, nobody would watch it, but lots ound people I know have gotten into it without knowing about football

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Rodgers to start on Sunday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz0VFa_4JwM

Nmandi to retire today as a Raider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Langdon Alger

I think dallas are in safe hands this weekend

kyle_orton_drunk31.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Bears to make an announcement at 7pm irish time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    What about? I can't think of anything they'd been needing to announce...

Apparently they're getting loads of these ready, fairly gas!

20131104220949.jpg

My guess is that Cutler has signed a new deal.

Billy86 wrote: »
    What about? I can't think of anything they'd been needing to announce...

It didn't go into detail it just said on Twitter that the bears are making an announcement at 2pm ET which is 7pm irish time.

It didn't go into detail it just said on Twitter that the bears are making an announcement at 2pm ET which is 7pm irish time.
    Ah ok, I've been too lazy to get on Twitter so far! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Bears re-sign Robbie Gould to 4year extension. Big news alright :P

Peter King reckons the Bears plan on tagging and trading Jay Cutler.

Paully D wrote: »
    Here's a funny scenario - if the Skins lose Sunday and the Texans win, the Rams get the #1 pick. I reckon they get a third + conditional for Bradford at least and if so... I think they'd be crazy not to take Bridgewater and trade Bradford, with a journeyman like Clemens, Orton, J Campbell or Cassel at backup (if Ted is as good as advertised - I do admit I don't see many NCAA games). I don't hate Bradford, but he's a 6.5/10 guy in my mind and that team has been building some serious talent in recent years.

Of else they get #2, take Clowney and maybe trade Chris Long for a decent return this year or next. I like RGIII (he was injured this year) but the Rams have REALLY made the most of that trade. There's a pick of it somewhere, it's insane what they've done with it.

They also have the #15 (I think?) pick on top of that as of right now.

• Advertisement

A 3rd & conditional sounds very fair for both sides :)

http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Sam%20Bradford&Position=QB&Team=Rams

Bradford was drafted before the rookie cap and has cap hits of over 17 and over 16 million for the next two years. No franchise would agree to take that on, there will have to be a lot of negotiating first. Could prove a stumbling block though Bradford has an injury record so that won't help him

If the Rams could free themselves from this they could do great things in free agency.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Here's a funny scenario - if the Skins lose Sunday and the Texans win, the Rams get the #1 pick. I reckon they get a third + conditional for Bradford at least and if so... I think they'd be crazy not to take Bridgewater and trade Bradford, with a journeyman like Clemens, Orton, J Campbell or Cassel at backup (if Ted is as good as advertised - I do admit I don't see many NCAA games). I don't hate Bradford, but he's a 6.5/10 guy in my mind and that team has been building some serious talent in recent years.

Of else they get #2, take Clowney and maybe trade Chris Long for a decent return this year or next. I like RGIII (he was injured this year) but the Rams have REALLY made the most of that trade. There's a pick of it somewhere, it's insane what they've done with it.

They also have the #15 (I think?) pick on top of that as of right now.

Rams will stick with Bradford even if they land the #1 pick IMO. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't even trade out of #1 and just picked Jake Matthews, who I think they will definitely take now that Jake Long has done his ACL. I think with Robert Quinn and Chris Long they have more pressing issues than Clowney. I'd be surprised if the Rams didn't go OT with that Redskins pick anyway.

This was the first year that they really gave Bradford any sort of serious help, both at the O-line position and trading up to get Austin, and in fairness to him he was putting up very good numbers before he went down injured. 1,687 yards passing, 14 touchdowns and four interceptions for a rating of 90.9 through seven games which would have had him on course to significantly beat his previous career highs.

OT with their first pick, probably secondary with their second.

Ooooh yes... keep forgetting the rookie cap changes! I'd guess he'd even take a 50% drop and renegotiate, based on incentives in year one mind. If it falls that way of course.

Never been a fan of spending big in FA myself though, especially after what Ted Thompson has done through the draft as a Packers fan (and the Rams have been drafting excellently recently too). For me it's more of a stop-gap market unless you can get a bargain like GB did with Charles Woodson. Otherwise I'd keep that cap space for when the current guys on rookie contracts need renegotiating.

Nmandi to retire today as a Raider.

Seems like only yesterday he was the hottest free agent in football and he had his pick of offers to choose from.

I thought he'd be in the league for years and years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

If the Rams get the 1st or 2nd pick, they're defo trading them. Even if it is only a space or two. Bridgewater and Clowney are definitely going 1 and 2 at this moment in time.

Seems like only yesterday he was the hottest free agent in football and he had his pick of offers to choose from.

Not
    For
    Long

Dan Graziano of ESPN summed it up his Eagles move pretty well I thought -

''Nmandi wasn't a bad player for the Eagles, but he was brought in to be, and paid to be, an excellent one''

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Bradford's not worth the money they pay him. Yards per attempt is far too low. Bill Barnwell had a piece on Grantland recently about the Rams' future and wrote a fair bit about Bradford. Worth reading (can't link to it, on my phone).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I think they'll definitely tag him but I don't know who would trade for him though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

matthew8 wrote: »
    Bradford's not worth the money they pay him. Yards per attempt is far too low. Bill Barnwell had a piece on Grantland recently about the Rams' future and wrote a fair bit about Bradford. Worth reading (can't link to it, on my phone).

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/86384/setting-the-rams-on-a-path-to-redemption

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement