Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

people were actually making plays in the probowl....was weird

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I'm fairly sure the under/over line was something ridiculous like 90.5 pts for that game. Would've been counting your money a long way out.

A week of build up to the big one now. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The probowl was fairly decent last night. The 2nd half wasnt that great but its good to see it has life in it after the last few years.

It will be interesting to see what match ups they have in future seasons. Manning V Manning will definitely be one for the future. I doubt they would bother with Manning V Brady considering Brady hasnt turned up in years (2004 I hear).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Seems like it was better quality than it had been.

I think for some guys being able to play against team mates put i a bit more of a shine on it.

The biggest hits I saw on the highlights were teammate on teammate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Madden predicts a Broncos overtime win.......pure fantasy, but EA Sports' official Superbowl prediction has been correct 8 of the last 10 years.

• Advertisement

BizzyC wrote: »
    Seems like it was better quality than it had been.

I think for some guys being able to play against team mates put i a bit more of a shine on it.

The biggest hits I saw on the highlights were teammate on teammate.

Sacks, contested catches.......still only 80-90% but a vast improvement on previous years.

As for teammate v teammate.....nothing beats Derrick Johnson's hit on Jamaal Charles, then TJ Ward hitting Josh Gordon....and of course, Mike Tolbert absolutely running over Kuechly

The NFL.com teammate on teammate montage is here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Kinda disappointed I didn't watch it now.

Seems like it was actually a decent game.

Highlights certainly suggest that it was good natured but competitive.

Exactly what you want in an All Star game situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

14 years ago today:

BfQy9ipCIAAuX1P.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I watched the highlights of that game earlier!

• Advertisement

News came out yesterday of a lawsuit alleging that Eli had the giants staff recreate "game-used" equipment to give to collectors so that he could keep the originals himself.....one alleged item is the helmet he gave to the HOF that is supposed to be the one worn in his Superbowl win over the Patriots.

Of course these are just allegations (and from a collector that has previously been indicted for selling fake memorabillia)......but could be an interesting story to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Paully D wrote: »
    14 years ago today:

BfQy9ipCIAAuX1P.jpg

First Super Bowl I ever watched. Myself and the brother recorded it on a tape and watched it the next day after school.

That drive by the titans and McNair to get them to that' point was some drive.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Rams owner had bought land in LA, however some are saying the plot is just big enough for a stadium but nothing else..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen having a laugh as usual. Hilarious both of them.

BfUXOhNIUAAdJq0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

TO. wrote: »
    Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen having a laugh as usual. Hilarious both of them.

BfUXOhNIUAAdJq0.jpg

Sorry if this is blindingly obvious but are they wax-works?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Tristram wrote: »
    No!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Tristram wrote: »

No, but they are fecking legends in every sense of the word.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Superbowl eve! Tomorrow night we'll be inundated with first time watchers and the like! :) Also I'm loving some of the rubbish that was being fired about in the after hours thread about nfl. It's funny how some people can judge the sport without knowing very much about it!

Superbowl eve! Tomorrow night we'll be inundated with first time watchers and the like! :) Also I'm loving some of the rubbish that was being fired about in the after hours thread about nfl. It's funny how some people can judge the sport without knowing very much about it!

What happened in AH because I missed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

What happened in AH because I missed it?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057138633&page=2

Anti Super Bowl tread. Nothing new or exciting in it. People being annoyed by something that they have the option not to hear about or watch.

• Advertisement

HigginsJ wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057138633&page=2

Anti Super Bowl tread. Nothing new or exciting in it. People being annoyed by something that they have the option not to hear about or watch.

Thank feck I missed that shyte. Then again, they could have done with one of my famous, overly long, going on and on, stat filled, bore the arsé of ya posts....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Thank feck I missed that shyte. Then again, they could have done with one of my famous, overly long, going on and on, stat filled, bore the arsé of ya posts....:pac:

The reactions to it would have been fun to read :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Some hilariously uneducated and ignorant crap posted in that AH thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Knex. wrote: »
    Some hilariously uneducated and ignorant crap posted in that AH thread.

I find it pathetic, it'd be like us going onto a thread about rythmic gymnastics and trying to trash the athletes that compete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

After Hours is a septic tank at the best of times

The NFL honours awards is been shown later tonight in america but not here but its not live apparently as ive seen at least one winner announced on twitter.

tKCl3Lnew-york-jets-giants-bad-season-super-bowl-sunday-ecards-someecards.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That's depressingly funny from a Giant's fan's perspective.

Wonder will Peyton or Wilson continue the Eli and Smith trend of throwing picks, though? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

List of injuries this season by @JuddLegum:

BfajZhXCAAA_Vt-.jpg

The utter idiots like some in that After Hours thread who think that because the players wear pads that the game is soft really have not got a clue.

• Advertisement

bit of a train wreck over there!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement