Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Eddie Lacy wins Offensive Rookie of the Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Sheldon "Defensive Rookie of the Year" Richardson, suck on that Warren Sapp

phatkev wrote: »
    Sheldon "Defensive Rookie of the Year" Richardson, suck on that Warren Sapp

The right choice.

Paully D wrote: »
    The right choice.

without a doubt, wasnt the flashiest player stat wise,but he put in the performances every single game. excellent against run and if he can improve his pass rush he will be a real pain in the ass!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Ron Rivera wins coach of the year. Delighted for him.

and Kuechly got DPOY good night for the Panters

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

LeSean McCoy named FedEx Ground player of the year

kmart6 wrote: »
    Joke!

Which one ? Shady ?

what do ye think of Kuechley gettin DPOY personally i think there is a about 5 or 6 players more deserving than him

• Advertisement

Your 2014 Hall of Fame class: Michael Strahan, Derrick Brooks, Walter Jones, Aeneas Williams, Andre Reed, Ray Guy, Claude Humphrey.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Which one ? Shady ?
    Boards went a bit crazy on me there....the DPOTY, harsh on Mathis not to get it considering the year he had as the Colts number 1 pass rusher getting all the other teams attention!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

You could have gone for Sherman, Thomas, Quinn, Mathis, Bowman or Kuechly but to be honest Kuechly would be my sixth choice out of those.

matthew8 wrote: »
    You could have gone for Sherman, Thomas, Quinn, Mathis, Bowman or Kuechly but to be honest Kuechly would be my sixth choice out of those.

I'd throw Watt and Revis into the mix as well but players on a loosing team dont stand much of a chance

JJ Watt was the best defensive player in the league despite the Texans awful season. Just proves that if your team is poor you're unlikely to get deserved recognition.

Kuechly wasn't even the best MLB in the league, that was Bowman.

Andy Reid should have been coach of the year too, IMO.

So Strahan is in the HOF, Sheldon is DROY, and Warren Sapp is still a bankrupt moron. Yeah, all is right in the world today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

phatkev wrote: »
    So Strahan is in the HOF, Sheldon is DROY, and Warren Sapp is still a bankrupt moron. Yeah, all is right in the world today.

Warren Sapp is a really unlikable person.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Kuechly got it because of that 24 tackle game, I would guess.

Obviously he was quality, bit I think the posts above are spot on. 5-6 guys more deserving, really.

Knex. wrote: »
    Kuechly got it because of that 24 tackle game, I would guess.

Spot on. I mean that performance was impressive but yeah it was late in the season thing so it was people's minds.

Red Crow wrote: »
    Warren Sapp is a really unlikable person.

Is he that unlikable ? His a football life episode cast him in a very good way. He didn't try to hide anything and I gained a respect for him after it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is he that unlikable ? His a football life episode cast him in a very good way. He didn't try to hide anything and I gained a respect for him after it.

Yes, he goes around calling people 'retards', doesn't give a sh1t about his kids and tries to cause trouble and controversy every time he gets near a mic. He was a heck of an NFL player but he is an awful person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Andy Reid should have been coach of the year too, IMO.

idk Belichick or Chip Kellly for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Delighted to see Ray Guy in. Punting deserved the recognition in the hall. No Marvin is a massive wtf moment though, he's arguably the best receiver of all time not named Jerry Rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Thank feck I missed that shyte. Then again, they could have done with one of my famous, overly long, going on and on, stat filled, bore the arsé of ya posts....:pac:

Woulda liked to have seen it myself, some people just cant get away with that sort of ignorance :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Peyton won opoy and mvp, not unprecedented, but shows what a great season he had.
    Missed out on unanimous mvp by 1 vote from Jim Miller who voted for Brady.
    Seems a bit silly, the pats overcame a lot, but it certainly wasn't all Brady.

Only a rubbish sideshow compared to tonight though

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

dub_skav wrote: »
    Peyton won opoy and mvp, not unprecedented, but shows what a great season he had.
    Missed out on unanimous mvp by 1 vote from Jim Miller who voted for Brady.
    Seems a bit silly, the pats overcame a lot, but it certainly wasn't all Brady.

How dare Miller for going and voting for Brady, jaysus I mean the cheek of it all. So Brady remains the only unanimous MVP in history and who gives a fúck? There's nothing creditable about the award or the process, because it's nothing more than a meaningless popularity competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

How dare Miller for going and voting for Brady, jaysus I mean the cheek of it all. So Brady remains the only unanimous MVP in history and who gives a fúck? There's nothing creditable about the award or the process, because it's nothing more than a meaningless popularity competition.

I agree. Manning not being a unanimous choice is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

davyjose wrote: »
    I agree. Manning not being a unanimous choice is a joke.

Which wasn't my point - the awards are the joke.

Which wasn't my point - the awards are the joke.

I know ;) they need a revamp IMO

• Advertisement

davyjose wrote: »
    I know ;) they need a revamp IMO

I will say the HOF is going the same way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement