Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Brett Favre is in better shape now than he has ever been and check out that Santa Beard.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-03-04/brett-favre-muscles-jacked-santa-photo-retired-green-bay-packers

ReDCsB0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

looks like hes getting ready to anounce his surprise return to football:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

TO. wrote: »
    check out that Santa Beard.

7YHLrT.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

mikemac1 wrote: »
    When a player retires the team no longer has to pay the salary money however all the guranteed money immediately becomes due

Say Aaron Rodgers decides that he's finished with football now. He retires. That means that the Packers will have to take a hit of ~$50M next season? That's crazy tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Red Crow wrote: »
    Say Aaron Rodgers decides that he's finished with football now. He retires. That means that the Packers will have to take a hit of ~$50M next season? That's crazy tbh.

Why would they need to pay him that? What way is his contract setup?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Finnegan officially released

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Actually it seems Finnegan released himself! Met with the Rams brass today and went though options including pay cut and release and then he told everyone on twitter he's leaving, apparently how the Rams found out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

nerd69 wrote: »
    looks like hes getting ready to anounce his surprise return to football:D

He'd probably still do a better job than a few guys in the league

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

HigginsJ wrote: »
    He'd probably still do a better job than a few guys in the league
    He's probably younger then Brandon Weedon as well :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Impressive half court shot by Jim Harbaugh

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Whats more impressive is Harbaugh's entire wardrobe consists of one pair khakis, a 49ers shirt and hat....49ers pay the man!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Hazys wrote: »
    Impressive half court shot by Jim Harbaugh

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Whats more impressive is Harbaugh's entire wardrobe consists of one pair khakis, a 49ers shirt and hat....49ers pay the man!!

they didn't call him Captain Comeback in Indy for nothing: ice in the veins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

B.j raji must be kicking himself, turned down a deal this time last year averaging 8 million annually for the contract, looks like he'll settle for a one year 4m prove it deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Old news at this stage as it happened last week but I see John Lott got let go by the Cardinals after 7 years as strength & conditioning coach.

I think most fans couldn't name the coach who holds this job at their team, I can't anyway

Lott built a name for himself for his work at the combine :)

nfl_g_lott_200-e1330451153217.jpg?w=180

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Would I be right in saying that 75% of football supporters on boards support a team in the AFC?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes and that team is the Patriots!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Raf32 wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying that 75% of football supporters on boards support a team in the AFC?

Nfc North for me

So I'm reading through the thread and then outta nowhere I read this....

Raf32 wrote: »

5GV2w7.gif

I don't think it's anywhere near 75%. If you look at the who supports who thread, there are loads of Pats fans there that haven't posted in years.

Now if you count regular posters in the forum, I think the number is way, way south of 75%.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I don't think it's anywhere near 75%. If you look at the who supports who thread, there are loads of Pats fans there that haven't posted in years.

Now if you count regular posters in the forum, I think the number is way, way south of 75%.

Ya 75% was a bit too high but so much support in the AFC, a rake of us destined for heartbreak with how good the NFC is :pac:

In terms of regular posters I'd say between the Ravens, Patriots and Broncos you wouldn't be far off 75%.

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    In terms of regular posters I'd say between the Ravens, Patriots and Broncos you wouldn't be far off 75%.

I'd also throw the Colts fans in there.

On the other hand there are a good chunk of Giants fans on the forum too, and fair few packers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

I notice that John Fox was meant to have been extended by the Broncos after beating the Pats some 6 weeks ago, it was well reported. No extension has since materialised. Silence deafening there?

Getting the feeling there could indeed be trouble on the horizon there and this article makes good points:

http://cover32.com/broncos/2014/03/06/why-havent-the-denver-broncos-extended-john-fox-something-could-be-brewing/

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

I get the feeling this won't be going ahead as advertised :pac:

Saints-Charity-Cruise.268.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

spiralism wrote: »
    I notice that John Fox was meant to have been extended by the Broncos after beating the Pats some 6 weeks ago, it was well reported. No extension has since materialised. Silence deafening there?

Getting the feeling there could indeed be trouble on the horizon there and this article makes good points:

http://cover32.com/broncos/2014/03/06/why-havent-the-denver-broncos-extended-john-fox-something-could-be-brewing/

Wait, the Broncos switched hotels the night before the Superbowl?

I never heard this before now. Not saying it affected the final result but that sort of thing is disruptive for sure

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Wait, the Broncos switched hotels the night before the Superbowl?

I never heard this before now. Not saying it affected the final result but that sort of thing is disruptive for sure

Yeah, the overwhelming talk is that the coaching staff couldnt control the players who partied way too hard and they needed to be sequestered to not end up sneaking out.

Yeah, the overwhelming talk is that the coaching staff couldnt control the players who partied way too hard and they needed to be sequestered to not end up sneaking out.

Fcuk me, that's disgraceful. Any ideas who the culprits were? Find it hard to believe these guys could still be Broncos.

davyjose wrote: »
    Fcuk me, that's disgraceful. Any ideas who the culprits were? Find it hard to believe these guys could still be Broncos.

Most of the team apparently. Media hasn't named names but strong rumours have persisted and stories along the lines of players being bleary eyed and nearly asleep in press conferences that week are out there. Hillman was thrown out of a strip club hammered earlier that week and all the players were out on the piss til 3 am on at least one occasion that week. Then there's Von Miller getting turned away from the club the Hawks were partying in that night in disguise. On the back of that, the players being sequestered out in Newark is very suspicious, especially given that Fox is known to be a bit of a soft touch with players.

Most of the team apparently. Media hasn't named names but strong rumours have persisted and stories along the lines of players being bleary eyed and nearly asleep in press conferences that week are out there. Hillman was thrown out of a strip club hammered earlier that week and all the players were out on the piss til 3 am on at least one occasion that week. Then there's Von Miller getting turned away from the club the Hawks were partying in that night in disguise. On the back of that, the players being sequestered out in Newark is very suspicious, especially given that Fox is known to be a bit of a soft touch with players.

I'm kinda glad they lost now. I feel horrible for Denver fans, but fcuk that sh!t, those guys don't deserve to have rings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Two years ago today Peyton was released by the Colts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement