Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Yikes, Roddy White's younger brother was shot and killed last night. Very sad.

Double yikes, team mate Julio Jones' brother was also shot last night and had to have his arm amputated :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,902 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Listening to teddy bridgewater on the rich eisen podcast right now.
    I hope he does well in the league as he seems a good guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

holy crap eli mannings real name is elisha manning how is this not more well known

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

nerd69 wrote: »
    holy crap eli mannings real name is elisha manning how is this not more well known

What else did you think it could be? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Knex. wrote: »
    What else did you think it could be? :pac:

eli on its own is a name. romo is no longer the easiest target in the nfc east:D

• Advertisement

nerd69 wrote: »
    eli on its own is a name. romo is no longer the easiest target in the nfc east:D

Giants OLine made Eli the easiest target long ago :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Huuuuuuuuuuuge blow to the Cardinals...

Maybe Goodell is ramping it up a notch- watch out Ray!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Is it possible that Washington might have violated the substance abuse policy again? As far as I know, he was on his 3rd suspension for same last season, so one more would result in a years suspension.

Though Rice obviously deserves a significant suspension, Washington has had numerous strikes against him so it may have been a cumulative thing either. Rice will get nothing near a years suspension. 2-4 games likely for Rice IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

It's substance abuse. Can you believe how anyone can be so stupid.

The GM is not impressed.
    “t’s completely unacceptable that Daryl has once again put us in this position. We all know what the consequences are and will deal with them. From a personal standpoint, our hope is that this suspension will give Daryl the opportunity to accept the necessary help and guidance to get his life back on track and we will certainly support him however we can.

• Advertisement

"Its completely unacceptable, accept for the fact he's one of our best players, therefore we'll hold onto him and play him again in a years time when the suspension is up. Rest assured though, if a lesser player does this, we would not tolerate it at all, and would be definitely willing to terminate his contract and make a resolute stance against this behavior we frown so very much upon"

Josh Gordon was cited for speeding last week, and when pulled over, his passenger was found with marijuana on him and also cited. Pretty clear now that he just doesn't care about his career. He just wants to hang around and get high. Cut him already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

My dynasty team is cursed. Aaron Hernandez last year and not Josh Brown. *sigh* :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10 TheFIFAking

I had a friend who met an NFL player who plays with the Rams (offensive lineman, name escapes me) and he said that a lot of the players are at it, and that they know when the tests are coming. So my reading if it is if you get caught like Washington did, you must not care, be addicted or stupid, or a combination of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross says L.A. will get a team back pretty quickly (" certainly within 5 years"). Assuming the Rams and Raiders are the most likely candidates (Chargers, Bills?) what do we think about this one. Raiders seem to really struggle for ticket sales in Oakland. Surely the most likely candidate?

Raiders in L.A. for the start of 2015 with Tom Brady at QB ?? No, I haven't been drinking. Much. Think it was Mike Florio I heard recently say he's convinced Brady will play elsewhere. Imagine those crowds...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Tristram wrote: »
    My dynasty team is cursed. Aaron Hernandez last year and not Josh Brown. *sigh* :o

Think you picked up Sean Lee as well?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross says L.A. will get a team back pretty quickly (" certainly within 5 years"). Assuming the Rams and Raiders are the most likely candidates (Chargers, Bills?) what do we think about this one. Raiders seem to really struggle for ticket sales in Oakland. Surely the most likely candidate?

Raiders in L.A. for the start of 2015 with Tom Brady at QB ?? No, I haven't been drinking. Much. Think it was Mike Florio I heard recently say he's convinced Brady will play elsewhere. Imagine those crowds...

That's your problem right there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

adrian522 wrote: »
    That's your problem right there...

He he , very true. All jokes aside re Brady it must be heavy odds-on the Raiders will be the ones to make the move, they will have a much greater chance of surviving this time round in LA. It would be a huge boost to the NFL's already healthy bank balance too. I'd like to see them become a force again.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,902 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well the raiders lease on that dump they share with the A's is up after the next season. But mark Davis says he wants to keep the team in Oakland but if they can't come to an agreement in Oakland where can they play in LA at short notice ?

Lads, can any of you recommend some very good regular season or early round playoff games from the period of around 2006-2009 to watch please?

I'm dying for a football fix so I'm going to search for your recommendations to watch online, but would rather not be certain about how they pan out. That sort of period keeps things relatively contemporary and the regular season/early round playoff aspect is likely to mean I won't know the result off hand.

Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

A little outside your range but I recommend:

Cowboys @ Cardinals Christmas 2010

Up there with the best games I've ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 10 TheFIFAking

Cardinals v Packers, January 2010 I believe, amazing game!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

A few from 2009 that were good are Ravens @ Chargers, Patriots @ Colts and Packers @ Steelers.

Pats/Ravens Monday Night Football back in 2007 is one that often gets brought up. Think it was the first game ESPN showed during it's re-run of classic Monday Night Football games a few years back. It's not much of a spoiler to say who won, but Baltimore came as close as anyone did that regular season to beating us.

Thanks for the suggestions lads. I watched most of the Cowboys/Cardinals. That finish just sums the Cowboys up really :pac: I'll watch some of your other suggestions over the next few days.
    Pats/Ravens Monday Night Football back in 2007 is one that often gets brought up. Think it was the first game ESPN showed during it's re-run of classic Monday Night Football games a few years back. It's not much of a spoiler to say who won, but Baltimore came as close as anyone did that regular season to beating us.

Aye, I've seen this one.

Ed Reed fumbling that interception return, the Ravens calling a timeout just before stopping a Patriot 4th and 1, the Patriots then converting both 4th and 5 and 4th and 6 and then the Ravens coming up two yards short of the end zone on a Hail Mary.

Ugh. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Again outside your timeline but the lions/titans game from 2 years ago was awesome

Again outside your timeline but the lions/titans game from 2 years ago was awesome

Yep, top game. I've seen it. Interesting bit of trivia arising from that game - the Titans became the first team in NFL history to rack up 5 TD's of 60+ yards in a single match. That Lions QB sneak at the end :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Masked Man wrote: »
    Think you picked up Sean Lee as well?

Thanks for reminding me :(;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

mikemac1 wrote: »
    A little outside your range but I recommend:

Cowboys @ Cardinals Christmas 2010

Up there with the best games I've ever seen

Can I just warn everyone away from this game. Just watched it. Was like a preseason game.

**spoilers below**
    2 third string quarterbacks, both teams with nothing to play for on a Thursday night. Lots of mistakes throughout, very little in the way of offense. No notable or memorable plays. Interesting ending though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Very little offense?

The combined score was over 50 points

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement