Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

That is genius :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Does the snap not have to go through the centre's legs no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

SantryRed wrote: »
    Does the snap not have to go through the centre's legs no?

Nope once it goes back its legal in NCAA (High School also). Doesn't have to go between legs. Once the ball is not lifted and moved forward into the Neutral zone its all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

That is brilliant!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

genius

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Andy Reid was a giant when he was 13

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Andy-Reid-talks-about-appearing-on-MNF-as?urn=nfl-283491

He had to borrow an actual NFL players pads that night!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

eagle eye wrote: »
    This happened in a middle school game the weekend.:D

as good as this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Nope once it goes back its legal in NCAA (High School also). Doesn't have to go between legs. Once the ball is not lifted and moved forward into the Neutral zone its all good.

Learn something new every day :D

They are saying that McClain (love that name but not this guy tho) will get just a fine and he'll be able to appeal it and get off because the ref was standing right there and it didnt happen...imo he shud b suspended for at least one game.

Spitting in somebody's face is the most despicable thing you can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Tony Sporano says Chad Pennington will start instead of Chad Henne for the Dolphins this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,128 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Archimedes wrote: »
    Tony Sporano says Chad Pennington will start instead of Chad Henne for the Dolphins this weekend.
    How is that gonna work out for Brandon Marshall? Like Pennington doesn't have a big arm. He is very accurate but its not like Marshall is gonna stretch the field for them with Pennington a QB.

It will be interesting to watch this develop. Pennington makes possession receivers look really good. The man is so accurate. If he had a big arm on him with his accuracy we would not even be talking about Brady and Manning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

How is that gonna work out for Brandon Marshall? Like Pennington doesn't have a big arm. He is very accurate but its not like Marshall is gonna stretch the field for them with Pennington a QB.

It will be interesting to watch this develop. Pennington makes possession receivers look really good. The man is so accurate. If he had a big arm on him with his accuracy we would not even be talking about Brady and Manning.

Marshall has the second lowest average yard per catch at 11.9 with Henne at this point in career. Compared to 15 odd in Denver. Can only be a good thing for Pennington. Pennington will also manage the game too and has the experience. Bad for Henne though, had a lot on his shoulders this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭neilster

Marshall has the second lowest average yard per catch at 11.9 with Henne at this point in career. Compared to 15 odd in Denver. Can only be a good thing for Pennington. Pennington will also manage the game too and has the experience. Bad for Henne though, had a lot on his shoulders this year.

This may be a mid-term blip for Henne but it may be significant

His interceptions were deplorable in the Ravens game

Gostkowski done for the season, gone on IR. More bad news for the Patriots.:(

I think this fits the wacky category

Ah jeez. Will probably mean the return of one of the Gramatica brothers. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Shayne Graham.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c01d22/article/gostkowski-goes-on-ir-so-patriots-turn-to-graham-to-kick?module=HP_headlines

Ah jeez. Will probably mean the return of one of the Gramatica brothers. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Shayne Graham.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c01d22/article/gostkowski-goes-on-ir-so-patriots-turn-to-graham-to-kick?module=HP_headlines

Good move me thinks. Graham is a solid kicker in the regular season. One thing we will worry about is his kicking when it matters in the playoffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭neilster

Yahoo sports said it before that of the 6-2 teams the Patriots have the most problems..they have a tough schedule and now this

Shayne Graham is probably the best free agent out there

Good pickup, he will do fine

But concerns will be there for the playoffs. But that's a bit away yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Hazys wrote: »
    I think this fits the wacky category

God i love Rex Ryan.Say what you want about him,he must be some guy to play for.Jason Taylor was on the Dan Lebatard show recently and said no coaching team has ever worked like they do in the Jets Organisation.

The Ryan household must have been very tough id say :D

• Advertisement

**** BREAKING NEWS ****

Breaking news from ESPN:
    "Vikings coach Brad Childress not player favourite"
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5789738

I for one, am shocked by this news, it came straight out of left field. :eek:

Good move me thinks. Graham is a solid kicker in the regular season. One thing we will worry about is his kicking when it matters in the playoffs.

Hopefully he'll slot in. His most recent form was worrying. Has to kick in Steeler-town, tough task in his first game as a Patriot.

Hopefully he'll slot in. His most recent form was worrying. Has to kick in Steeler-town, tough task in his first game as a Patriot.

You mean his kicks in the playoffs? His regular season numbers last season were better than Gostowski. But he seemed to implode in the playoffs missing two kicks against the Jets. 23 of 28 was a fairly decent regular season considering 2 of those 5 missed were blocked. If we make the playoffs that will be his big test.

You mean his kicks in the playoffs? His regular season numbers last season were better than Gostowski. But he seemed to implode in the playoffs missing two kicks against the Jets. 23 of 28 was a fairly decent regular season considering 2 of those 5 missed were blocked. If we make the playoffs that will be his big test.

Yes, his playoff form. Graham has an overall better record kicking than Gostgowski even though the latter's been practically automatic.

The bigger loss with Gostkowski is his kick offs, he can boom them out of the end zone when there is a dangerous kick returner at the other end. There are not many kickers who can do that. Imo Gost is the best all around kicker in the NFL today when you take kickoffs into account.

Graham will do fine on field goals and pas, I'm more worried about kickoffs than anything else with him. I just hope he can do better in the playoffs as well should we make it.

Just looking at the IR list, man there are a lot of players we could do with on that list.

45 Josh Barrett SS (IR)
    23 Leigh Bodden CB (IR)
    33 Kevin Faulk RB (IR)
    3 Stephen Gostkowski K (IR)
    77 Nick Kaczur T/G (IR)
    26 Bret Lockett FS (IR)
    30 Brandon McGowan FS (IR)
    90 Darryl Richard DE (IR)
    94 Ty Warren DE (IR)
    66 Kade Weston DE (IR)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

gostkowski best kicker in the nfl? Come on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Just looking at the IR list, man there are a lot of players we could do with on that list.
    I know the feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Jasus that is a lot of good players gone for the pats alright...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c0f5b1/article/broncos-lb-williams-charged-with-dui-nfl-investigating?module=HP_headlines

Because, y'know, there hasn't been enough embarrassment to do with the broncos lately...what an idiot

Sorry, noob question :o
    Well I'm learning all the time :)

As I understand it a regular season game can go to OT and end up tied.
    And playoff games can go to double OT

What happens if you play double OT and it's still tied at the end?

Thank you

• Advertisement

Sorry, noob question :o
    Well I'm learning all the time :)

As I understand it a regular season game can go to OT and end up tied.
    And playoff games can go to double OT

What happens if you play double OT and it's still tied at the end?

Thank you

Keeps going until someone wins it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement