Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

The calendar might tell me otherwise, but as far as I'm concerned. This has been the longest, most dragged out offseason ever.

10427239_10152574129242372_8729098206815779793_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,901 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I can't post it as I'm on my phone, but there was a flag football game in candlestick a few days ago involving 49ers legends and an all star team. It's on the niners website and it's looked like they had a good laugh and I as a person who has a big interest in the history of this game. it was nice that the guys from the niners past got to have one last shot at candlestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

$40m/4 for Jimmy Graham, signed on Tuesday. I must have missed that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Paully D wrote: »
    $40m/4 for Jimmy Graham, signed on Tuesday. I must have missed that one.

its an interesting one in my opinion. He gets what is in my opinion fair, it'll bring him to year 31 and if he continues his trend of play will see the same money a year till he has a horrible dip in form/retires, him and gronk are just freaks at the te position. Hoping colt lyeria turns into a freak for gb too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Just started watching Hard Knocks for the Jets, first two epsiodes, seems that its mostly about Rex Ryan and not about the players ...

Great show though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

BKWDR wrote: »
    Just started watching Hard Knocks for the Jets, first two epsiodes, seems that its mostly about Rex Ryan and not about the players ...

Great show though!

Is it on TV somewhere???

Are Sky Sports going to show Hard Knocks this year - I enjoyed the Bengals one last year...

Is it on TV somewhere???

Are Sky Sports going to show Hard Knocks this year - I enjoyed the Bengals one last year...

Not on telly no. From the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

"46 greatest nfl dukes in history" fair warning there gifs so they may break some computers

http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/07/greatest-juke-moves-nfl-gifs/lesean-mccoy-shakes-packers

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

nerd69 wrote: »
    "46 greatest nfl dukes in history" fair warning there gifs so they may break some computers

http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/07/greatest-juke-moves-nfl-gifs/lesean-mccoy-shakes-packers

Just perfect for my 2MB per month download speed.:(

Just perfect for my 2MB per month download speed.:(

:D

Also fun fact for all the it's a qb driven league talk this has been the longest we've gone without a qb being inducted into the hall of fame apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

Also fun fact for all the it's a qb driven league talk this has been the longest we've gone without a qb being inducted into the hall of fame apparently

Is Favre next year? Surely a first ballet HOF'er!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Is it on TV somewhere???

It should be on Channel 4 this year, it was part of the package they announced last year.
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I can't post it as I'm on my phone, but there was a flag football game in candlestick a few days ago involving 49ers legends and an all star team. It's on the niners website and it's looked like they had a good laugh and I as a person who has a big interest in the history of this game. it was nice that the guys from the niners past got to have one last shot at candlestick.

Yeah, pretty nice way to finish. Last ever TD pass there was
    Montana to Eddie DeBartolo.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'm predicting the next QB inductees will probably be a certain Brady and Manning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Favre in 2016 (barring a comeback) and maybe Warner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

BKWDR wrote: »

Great show though!

Sexy Rexy is can't miss TV, utterly brilliant

adrian522 wrote: »
    It should be on Channel 4 this year, it was part of the package they announced last year.

If you come across when they will be showing this will you let us know

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

HigginsJ wrote: »
    If you come across when they will be showing this will you let us know

I was reading here.

I guess we will have to wait another month or so to find out for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Walter Thurmond's ESPY's outfit!

BstMGhmCcAAA2DG.jpg

glued wrote: »
    Walter Thurmond's ESPY's outfit!

Just wow :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

I love the Matt Forte duke at Number13.

fun fact number two: derrick brooks and warren sap are the first guys who where taken in the same year, same round and by the same team to go into the hall of fame since gayle sayers and dick butkus. although ray lewis and jonathen ogden will join them as soon as lewis is eligible.

(all facts shamelessly stollen from dave damashek)

In Exile wrote: »
    I love the Matt Forte duke at Number13.

I'm just happy at the amount of eagles jukes on there to be honest between cunningham, mccoy and westbrook we've been pretty lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Do people here do the NFL Fantasy Football?

Have never tried it, but would be interested this year for sure. Especially if there's a boards league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Knex. wrote: »
    Do people here do the NFL Fantasy Football?

Have never tried it, but would be interested this year for sure. Especially if there's a boards league.

Well, in you're in luck so......

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057222422

infacteh wrote: »

Can't wait to be absoloutely useless at it again this year!

Not me, I have it sussed this year!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Thanks for that! :)

Knex. wrote: »
    Thanks for that! :)

You'll love it, nothing more addictive than Fantasy NFL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

You'll love it

Until you waste hours looking at every rankings you can find and every bit of analysis from random websites, just so you can find all those sleepers, who inevitably get sniped on you. The ones you do get you resent because they end up being useless (read: end up doing what most reasonable would expect of them). Protip: never let yourself forget how empty coach speak is.
    During the season you've got the joys of trying to find some way to root against your favourite team without feeling like a traitor (you will end up a traitor, accept it now). You get to pull off brilliant trades which will save your season, and then your new star player blows his acl. You waste even more hours searching for waiver wire gems.

You end up hating other posters who go inactive after you play them and gift wins to teams your battling for a playoff spot, or the ones in an easy division who could make the playoffs with a losing record. You curse players who didn't get those extra few yards meaning you lost by .3, or those that did for the other team.
    nothing more addictive than Fantasy NFL!

got that right!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement