Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

The Cowboys have as much chance of winning the Super Bowl as they do of having the first overall pick. They are perennially average. At one stage last season towards the end of October, they had gone exactly 132 wins and 132 losses since their last Super Bowl win. No team screams 8-8 more than Romo and co.

Edit: Just checked - they're now at 136-136.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    What do the dallas cowboys and the post office have in common ? They both don't deliver on Sundays.

Q: What do you call 53 millionaires around a TV watching the Super Bowl?

A: The Dallas Cowboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,900 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Q: What do you call 53 millionaires around a TV watching the Super Bowl?

A: The Dallas Cowboys.

Hahahahahha.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Brian Banks just tweeted that he has taken a job with the NFL front office in New York. It's great to see good things happen for that guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

The Cowboys have as much chance of winning the Super Bowl as they do of having the first overall pick. They are perennially average. At one stage last season towards the end of October, they had gone exactly 132 wins and 132 losses since their last Super Bowl win. No team screams 8-8 more than Romo and co.

Edit: Just checked - they're now at 136-136.

I think there far worse than average this year with there absolute lack of defence

• Advertisement

The fact your're an eagles fan has nothing to do with it then. ? Haha

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The 49ers have had their 2nd season ending injury of training camp.

Glenn Dorsey joins Kendall Hunter on the sidelines.

Navarro Bowman is already out for at least the first half of the season while Lamichael James has a dislocated shoulder. Crabtree and Brandon Lloyd are both dealing with minor(I hope) injuries. Alex Boone is still holding out.

I'm not optimistic for the season ahead.

adrian522 wrote: »
    The 49ers have had their 2nd season ending injury of training camp.

Glenn Dorsey joins Kendall Hunter on the sidelines.

Navarro Bowman is already out for at least the first half of the season while Lamichael James has a dislocated shoulder. Crabtree and Brandon Lloyd are both dealing with minor(I hope) injuries. Alex Boone is still holding out.

I'm not optimistic for the season ahead.

with all the injuries to the 9ers and the hawks loseing some of there depth on the d-line (which I think is a much bigger deal than people seem to think) id be tempted to put a few bob on cards or rams to win the division

nerd69 wrote: »
    with all the injuries to the 9ers and the hawks loseing some of there depth on the d-line (which I think is a much bigger deal than people seem to think) id be tempted to put a few bob on cards or rams to win the division

If Veldheer & Cooper play up to scratch on the o-line for the Cards they are going to be tough for anyone to handle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

The Rams have a chance of heading in to their bye at 3-0. Truly brutal run after that and they could easily lose at least five of their next six games. Your Eagles should derail them in their fourth game anyway. I think the Cardinals might struggle to replicate last seasons form. Start home to San Diego and Giants on the road is hard to predict as I don't know what to expect from the Giants but I think if I was backing either it would be hard to resist getting out early. Trying to predict Bradford is maybe the toughest (non rookie) QB to call this season aside from RG3 imo.

Overall I think the NFC West might be weaker than people expect (and therefore more open) this season. NFC North is where it's at this year!

• Advertisement

Just saw on the nfl network pre hall of fame show that ray guy had only 3 of 1049 career punts blocked. That's unreal.

25000 people at eagles training camp today hashtag boast (don't know where the actually hashtag is on my keyboard :D)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

25000 people at eagles training camp today hashtag boast (don't know where the actually hashtag is on my keyboard :D)
    Packers fans are no joke. They filled up Lambeau Field (67,336 at $10 a pop) for practice. Not a scrimmage. Practice. We're talkin' about practice.

Now that's dedication! From this article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000373590/article/nine-takeaways-from-saturdays-intrasquad-scrimmages?campaign=Twitter_atl

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭youngco87

Football is almost back, so excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

youngco87 wrote: »
    Football is almost back, so excited!

Nearly makes Monday mornings bearable!

Nothing better than having one of my two work screens dedicated solely to ESPN gamecast.

It may reduce my work load by half but I don't care!

If you need something done quickly, tough sh*t. You know it's football season so you can wait while I move everything onto one screen and I keep one, and at times two eyes on Gamecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Andy Dalton gets 6 years/$115m. Structure is obv important but give me that LT I never heard of for 10/110.

Cam and the 2012 class are going to get crazy money

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Thankfully if locker stays he won't be getting anywhere near that, dalton just his ass paid

He's not worth that day one but on top of that that contract could be hilarious if mccaron ends up starting this year

He's not worth that day one but on top of that that contract could be hilarious if mccaron ends up starting this year

Mccaron ? Id take dalton all day over mccaron who's antics around the draft made me dislike him.

Mccaron ? Id take dalton all day over mccaron who's antics around the draft made me dislike him.

I dislike mccaron as well but are you 100 percent Shure dalton is your guy if your in that franchise

• Advertisement

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2151569-david-wilson-reportedly-shut-down-by-giants-after-latest-neck-injury

David Wilson has been shut down for the year and apparently been warned to never play again.

Very sad news for the guy. Really had all the potential in the world

I dislike mccaron as well but are you 100 percent Shure daltonism your guy if your in that franchise

Ah no not 100% but more so than mccaron who I wouldn't put under centre unless I had no choice.

Ah no not 100% but more so than mccaron who I wouldn't put under centre unless I had no choice.

That's what theve effectively done unless its all ungarinteed made him starter for 4 years or so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Apparently the movie Draft Day is out now on Torrent sites. Disgusting behaviour that piracy stuff, so just posting this here so you can all actively avoid it.

Watched it the other night, not a bad movie :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Disgusting behaviour that piracy stuff, so just posting this here so you can all actively avoid it.

Same here, those torrent sites disgust me. Don't know how some can sleep in their beds at night.

That kinda crap is starting to really bug me these days.

Not your post, mind, as you are only putting on the "weird and whacky" thread a piece of news that us out there. But why this has even hit the news in the first place, and why someone would have taken photos and put them online or sold them to some newspaper or whatever. I mean, it looks like some messing in private, it looks like there is no one upset, there is no suggestion of a crime or force...so why did someone feel the need to photograph what seems to be a private moment between consenting adults and what kinda pervert are they?

That kinda crap is starting to really bug me these days.

Not your post, mind, as you are only putting on the "weird and whacky" thread a piece of news that us out there. But why this has even hit the news in the first place, and why someone would have taken photos and put them online or sold them to some newspaper or whatever. I mean, it looks like some messing in private, it looks like there is no one upset, there is no suggestion of a crime or force...so why did someone feel the need to photograph what seems to be a private moment between consenting adults and what kinda pervert are they?

its part of celebrity culture. i would feel bad for someone like a johnny wilkinson who keeps to himself jerry on the other hand loves the limelight and will do anything to get more attention that removes any pity i have and for a married man to be caught with those pictures is gold dust for the crap that is modern journalism

its part of celebrity culture. i would feel bad for someone like a johnny wilkinson who keeps to himself jerry on the other hand loves the limelight and will do anything to get more attention that removes any pity i have and for a married man to be caught with those pictures is gold dust for the crap that is modern journalism

But we can't judge a person for whether they like the limelight or not. For all we know, Wilkinson is horrible to his wife and Jones treats his like a queen...but just likes to go to the odd party and fool around. We don't know either. Again, I fully accept it's part of celebrity culture and it's gold dust for journos, just find it objectionable. If they do something in public, fair enough, if they commit a crime, well then they have no right to privacy at all. But this stuff, the person who has taken the pics and spread them is the a'hole here, it is for Jerry's wife alone to judge if he is too.

• Advertisement

But we can't judge a person for whether they like the limelight or not. For all we know, Wilkinson is horrible to his wife and Jones treats his like a queen...but just likes to go to the odd party and fool around. We don't know either. Again, I fully accept it's part of celebrity culture and it's gold dust for journos, just find it objectionable. If they do something in public, fair enough, if they commit a crime, well then they have no right to privacy at all. But this stuff, the person who has taken the pics and spread them is the a'hole here, it is for Jerry's wife alone to judge if he is too.

i disagree why should they not circulate them. jerry can't have it both ways why should he get to decide he does not want this in the papers all of a sudden when looking for attention the entire time this is how his craving for media attention backfires.

to be honest the story does not interest me either way i just find it insane how he's constantly in the media with a stupid quote or something like this or when he's really stuck he hands out a big new contract.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement