Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

JF giving the Redskins bench the finger:

6.gif

JF being informed by Browns PR guy Rob McBurnett that he just got caught doing that on national television:

bhbqnuq2euedvnxj72bv.gif

To be fair, he's been nothing short of entertainment thus far. He's like a dark Tebowmania.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭Guffy

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I laughed a good bit at the last Cam one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭Guffy

I thought his first one was better when he walked out with the bottles :D

The last Cam one the guy was literally blabbering he didn't know what to say haha.
    The 2nd last one, "that was Cam Newton..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Sky have announced their games for Weeks 1 and 2:

Sunday 7 September: 6pm - Patriots @ Dolphins
    Sunday 7 September: 9.25pm - 49ers @ Cowboys

Sunday 14 September: 6pm – Falcons @ Bengals
    Sunday 14 September: 9.25pm – Chiefs @ Broncos

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Practice squad officially gone to 10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

huh?

The practice squad increased from 8 to 10 players.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ex Titan Tim shaw has been diagnosed with ALS, he had a good chance to make the team last year, Sad news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Ex Titan Tim shaw has been diagnosed with ALS, he had a good chance to make the team last year, Sad news

Ah no, he's so young :(

Great special teamer for the bears a few seasons ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

It would be even better if they increased the roster size from 53 to 55. The NFL is obsessed with improving their product for the consumer. So you would think giving teams the option to carry more weapons (Defensice or Offensive) on their rosters. Would only add to the strength & appeal of the final product.

It would be even better if they increased the roster size from 53 to 55. The NFL is obsessed with improving their product for the consumer. So you would think giving teams the option to carry more weapons (Defensice or Offensive) on their rosters. Would only add to the strength & appeal of the final product.

They could also allow them to dress more players for the game, i think its 46 that dress for the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

They could also allow them to dress more players for the game, i think its 46 that dress for the game?

Yeah, 46. it used to be 45 plus an extra QB but he could only be used if QBs 1 and 2 were injured so they're slowly but surely changing so with all the focus on injuries, it wouldn't surprise me if the roster gets increased at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

it wouldn't surprise me if the roster gets increased at some stage.

they're going to have to if they want to go to an 18 game season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Steelers running backs Bell & Blount arrested for marijuana possession. Only a misdemeanor offence according to what I read. Wonder if anything will come of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

Tristram wrote: »
    Steelers running backs Bell & Blount arrested for marijuana possession. Only a misdemeanor offence according to what I read. Wonder if anything will come of it.

This is going to be really interesting.

Bell will be in trouble either way. Even if it is only a misdemeanor, he is being charged with drugs in his systems.

Goodall will have a field day. He is surely looking at 2 games? Blount seems to be okay, he wasn't arrested and left the scene by his own means so should be able to avoid a suspension.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

In Exile wrote: »
    This is going to be really interesting.

Bell will be in trouble either way. Even if it is only a misdemeanor, he is being charged with drugs in his systems.

Goodall will have a field day. He is surely looking at 2 games? Blount seems to be okay, he wasn't arrested and left the scene by his own means so should be able to avoid a suspension.

as with all things now we shall compare this to ray rice suspension....so in comparrison, they will be given a picnic in the park followed by a night on the town paid in full by goddell, seems to be in line with his recent punishments

as with all things now we shall compare this to ray rice suspension....so in comparrison, they will be given a picnic in the park followed by a night on the town paid in full by goddell, seems to be in line with his recent punishments

For a guy always rabbiting on about expanding the game and increasing its appeal. Goddell couldn't have set a more embarrassing precedent, in the way he dealt with the Rice case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

For a guy always rabbiting on about expanding the game and increasing its appeal. Goddell couldn't have set a more embarrassing precedent, in the way he dealt with the Rice case.

But this is nothing like the Rice case, this is marijuana.
    Full season bans all round, and a lifetime ban from NFL stadia for the woman in the car also

• Advertisement

dub_skav wrote: »
    But this is nothing like the Rice case, this is marijuana.
    Full season bans all round, and a lifetime ban from NFL stadia for the woman in the car also

Please enlighten me, where did I mention drugs or marijuana in my previous post?

Another poster mentioned the Rice case and I commented on Goddell's disastrous handled of that case.

Edit: Apologies dub, read the first line of your post, got distracted and completely misinterpreted your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Please enlighten me, where did I mention drugs or marijuana in my previous post?

Another poster mentioned the Rice case and I commented on Goddell's disastrous handled of that case.

He was being sarcastic. Pretty sure he agrees with you.

He was being sarcastic. Pretty sure he agrees with you.

Ya, I see it :o. I only saw the first line of dub's post and then got distracted with work. Word of warning: Doing work stuff and simultaneously trying to post on Boards doesn't always work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Ya, I see it :o. I only saw the first line of dub's post and then got distracted with work. Word of warning: Doing work stuff and simultaneously trying to post on Boards doesn't always work.

Work? Seriously dude you need to get your priorities straightened out.

0.35 of a second ban from forums for you my lad.

dub_skav wrote: »
    0.35 of a second ban from forums for you my lad.

68918_Well_that_escalated_quickly.jpg

Thank feck you're not a Mod......:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

Fair play Corvus, you see so much nonsense on this site. It's always refreshing to see a poster putting their hand up and admitting a mistake. No surprise it's in this forum though, because the AF forum is the soundest forum on Boards imo.

Putin wrote: »
    Fair play Corvus, you see so much nonsense on this site. It's always refreshing to see a poster putting their hand up and admitting a mistake. No surprise it's in this forum though, because the AF forum is the soundest forum on Boards imo.

Suck up
    You must be looking for fantasy tips or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

No surprise it's in this forum though, because the AF forum is the soundest forum on Boards imo.

True and most of the bickering is the Pats fans between themselves :P

• Advertisement

Sorry, I would have replied sooner, but I couldn't get your nose outta my ass...:pac:

mikemac1 wrote: »
    True and most of the bickering is the Pats fans between themselves :P

But the happiest families always bicker the most :D. Speaking of which, myself and TO. are overdue a long winded debate over the finer points of something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement