Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Knex. wrote: »
    Mallet might actually get a call.

Crossed my mind, though I've a feeling we'll stick with the 3 QB's. Garoppolo has done very well, but I still think Bill will give him the developmental year to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I'd much rather Shaun Hill than either Sanchez or Mallett.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

I'd much rather Shaun Hill than either Sanchez or Mallett.

lydugro1pq4ceh4fg.jpg?size_id=5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Moat_Cailin

Really have to feel for Sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

From some quick googling Bradford has a cap hit of 17.61 million this year and 16.58 million next year

If the Rams cut him at the end of this season coming off IR the dead money for 2015 will be 3.595 million which is a lot less then I thought. While the contract was huge at 50 million guranteed all of that guranteed money has already been paid.

The Rams will have to make a decision at the end of the year if they are going to move on. It's a tough one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

mikemac1 wrote: »
    From some quick googling Bradford has a cap hit of 17.61 million this year and 16.58 million next year

If the Rams cut him at the end of this season coming off IR the dead money for 2015 will be 3.595 million which is a lot less then I thought. While the contract was huge at 50 million guranteed all of that guranteed money has already been paid.

The Rams will have to make a decision at the end of the year if they are going to move on. It's a tough one

Yeah, I think Bradford was quite lucky in the sense that he was the last rookie QB to get a massive contract before the rookie salaries started to come in. The injuries would be a whole lot harder to swallow for him if he'd "only" made $22m/4 as opposed to $78m/6 with a mountain of guaranteed cash.

If I was them I'd probably move on. It's no secret I'm a big fan of Bradford, but I think it makes sense to part ways. As you say, the cap hit is not bad. In addition, when he's ready in 2015 he'll have then missed 31 of a possible 80 games, almost 40%. The type of injuries he has had are serious too, back-to-back ACL tears are hard to come back from even these days. It's practically contract renewal time too as he only has 2 years left.

Hill is not that bad, but he's a backup for a reason. Who knows how things will develop with the 2015 cohort of college QB's as it's way too early, but with Mariota, Winston, Hundley and Petty pegged in as 1st rounders in most early mocks, the Rams should be in position to take one, even if it takes a bit of maneuvering on draft night to get their man, if that's what it comes to.

Gutted for Bradford though. We'd have gotten our answer on him one way or another this year, but now we may never find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

Sorry to ask this again but does anyone have any info on paid into fantasy football leagues where you can win cash prizes/prizes?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Skip Bayless playing the village idiot once more by suggesting that Tebow would be a better QB option for the Rams than Shaun Hill. The guy will do anything to stir up a bit of controversy and get a few retweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Skip Bayless playing the village idiot once more by suggesting that Tebow would be a better QB option for the Rams than Shaun Hill..

I think he meant to say a better running back option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

mikemac1 wrote: »

Tough for Bradford but for the Rams it's an easy decision. Even when fit the guy hasn't been amazing, solid yes, but that's not enough to keep him on when you factor in his injury record.

• Advertisement

anyone know why Dimitri Patterson missed the Jets game the other night?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭youngco87

anyone know why Dimitri Patterson missed the Jets game the other night?

He went AWOL and they couldn't contact him. No reason released yet but they suspended him indefinitely!

youngco87 wrote: »
    He went AWOL and they couldn't contact him. No reason released yet but they suspended him indefinitely!

i've heard a rumour he was arrested but didnt want anyone to know but I presume that's pure conjecture...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Skip Bayless playing the village idiot once more by suggesting that Tebow would be a better QB option for the Rams than Shaun Hill. The guy will do anything to stir up a bit of controversy and get a few retweets.
    He's the worst 'pundit' of any sport I've ever seen, just there to cause "shock" etc and not actually contribute anything meaningful, like a worse Eamon Dunphy. Not even worth listening to since he said Tebay was better than Aaron Rodgers in 2011 (that being the year Rodgers had one of the best seasons in the history of the NFL).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

brandon meriweather banned for two games for his usual scumbaggery.

also nfl considers it the same as assaulting your girlfriend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Both of which are less heinous than drinking beer at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Why shouldn't they? For someone who has continuously tried to seriously injure appointments and is unlikely to change then 2 games is very lenient.

Why shouldn't they? For someone who has continuously tried to seriously injure appointments and is unlikely to change then 2 games is very lenient.

I was once again pointing out the joke of rices sentence.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

It's getting a bit tiresome everytime someone gets suspended it is compared to "assaulting your girlfriend". Which by the way is not what the Rice suspension was for.

That is up to the criminal system, the NFL did not charge Rice with "assaulting your girlfriend" and did not give him a sentence of a 2 game suspension for "assaulting your girlfriend".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I think comparing every suspension to Ray Rice's is a bit silly at this stage but I understand people's frustration at the suspension.

Rice's suspension is not a comparable to other suspensions, it just seems like an outlier (TBH i think that either the NFL didn't have enough evidence and they could be sued or something in the story doesnt add up). Because if that was the yard stick for suspensions, i think the rest would be like this:

4 games for Child Abuse

8 games for Murder

16 games for Genocide*

*But you can appeal and get it reduced to 8 games if you are a first time Genocide offender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Hazys wrote: »

*But you can appeal and get it reduced to 8 games if you are a first time Genocide offender.

To be fair there isn't a very high rate of recidivism with genocide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

He's one of my most hated players going (maybe second behind Incognito), absolute idiot. Still remember him taking Eddie Lacy out with a dirty helmet hit last year, then trying to do the exact same thing to James Stark who had taken Lacy's place... and injuring himself instead!

One of the only times I have actually cheered to see a player get injured. He has no place in the league.

And on that note, Incognito looks set to be returning with the Bucks this year. Ugh...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

*checks fantasy leagues* depending on gronk, tim wright has now become relevant

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

nerd69 wrote: »
    Please let that happen.

EDIT: It has. A pick and Tim Wright. Interesting. Tim was really good last season, but couldn't catch a cold all preseason. Happy with that depending on the pick.

Pats always do well out of trades with the Bucs: Revis, Blount (for a while), Talib (for a while)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Decision made on Josh Gordon, no decision made on when to release it per Schefter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

That's disgusting

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

BKWDR wrote: »
    That's disgusting

he's only gay, they wont catch anything off him, no need to call it disgusting.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Josh Gordon will be sitting ou the entire year apparently...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement